• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:Charizard Fan Club:.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • Do you think Charizard should also be dragon type?
    Yeah he should be a dragon, he looks exactly like one he can learn dragon claw, dragon rage, and dragon pulse so why shouldn't he be. He should be a fire/dragon type

Do you think Charizard should also be dragon type?
    Yeah he should be a dragon, he looks exactly like one he can learn dragon claw, dragon rage, and dragon pulse so why shouldn't he be. He should be a fire/dragon type

See thats what I have always thought! Except then I realized you cant have more then 3 types,( with the exception of Arcues ), soo I really wasnt sure wich one would be better, flying, or dragon. I think flying, since dragon type pokemon who can fly have to be dragon/flying. So there for Charizard has to have flying listed to be able to fly.

EDIT: Im not sure if any of that made sence!

Years
  • yeah it should be fire/dragon but still use flying type moves.

i mean look at gyarados. its flying/water but it uses water and dragon type moves and is considered to be have dragon

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • See thats what I have always thought! Except then I realized you cant have more then 3 types,( with the exception of Arcues ), soo I really wasnt sure wich one would be better, flying, or dragon. I think flying, since dragon type pokemon who can fly have to be dragon/flying. So there for Charizard has to have flying listed to be able to fly.

EDIT: Im not sure if any of that made sence!

actually flygon is dragon/ground and it can fly cuz it has mings. so yea...

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Yes, because it can learn Dragon Claw by TM and for Dragonbreath by Egg Move.

~Rene~ :t025:

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    Actually, I think it should have been. The designers for R/B/Y seem to have had an odd desire to make the Dragonite line the only Dragon-types around, cutting off Gyarados and Charizard in the process, despite their dragon-like appearance. I think Charizard does well as a Flying-type though.

It would be really awesome if Charizard was Fire/Dragon though. He'd no longer have that nasty quad weakness to Rock, and his Water weakness would be gone altogether. As a Dragon, he actually wouldn't have an Ice weakness due to his Fire side, leaving Rock, Ground, and Dragon as his only weaknesses.

As for the problem of being unable to have more than two types, I'd give him the Levitate ability to make up for that. Sure, he won't get a bonus on Aerial Ace anymore, but at least he can still fly.

Seriously, though, he looks just like a dragon, so why not acknowledge that?

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years

Yes. He looks like one, and if he were Dragon he wouldn't have that stupid super weakness to Rock Pokemon.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Nice answer, Blayze. I will post the next topic now. Here it is:
    Do you think Charizard can defeat Dragonite?

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Do you think Charizard can defeat Dragonite?
    Yes, I think it can. Charizard can defeat it with Dragon Claw.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022

Whos charizard fighting here?

But i think charizard would beat dragonite noproblem.

Just look at the beuty of charizard

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • .:Charizard Fan Club:.

Whos charizard fighting here?

But i think charizard would beat dragonite noproblem.

Just look at the beuty of charizard

Nice pictures you have, zanacross. I think Charizard is fighting against Articuno in the Battle Factory battle.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • Do you think Charizard can defeat Dragonite?
    Yes, if he has some Dragon type attacks, he could take it out no problem.

El Capitano said:
    Yea charizard is fighting articuno. I think its funny that Charmander leveled up into a Charizard so fast, and squirtle and bulbasour are still in there first form!
    I've always found that amusing as well. I guess Bulbasaur and Squirtle are slackers!

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Yea charizard is fighting articuno. I think its funny that Charmander leveled up into a Charizard so fast, and squirtle and bulbasour are still in there first form!
    Is Bulbasaur, not Bulbasour. Anyway, I think Charmander evolved into Charmeleon and then evolves into Charizard in the Pokemon anime. That is fast.

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    Well, the only one that really needs explaining is Squirtle; it's still a mystery why he hasn't evolved yet.

Bulbasaur, on the other hand, could have evolved quite a while ago; he just chose not to, if you remember "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden."

As for how Charmeleon evolved into Charizard so quickly, it looked like he forced himself to evolve in order to fight Aerodactyl.

Back