• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheaper, Semi-Competitive decks in this Format?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    Hi, I was wondering, I want to spend as little as possible on a decent deck for this format (Read:I'm too poor to get anything like reshiboar.), so I wanted to ask if there were any cheaper, league-Level decks in the HGSS-on format? (Read:Is there anything Cheaper I can use?) This is assuming Staples (Junk arm, Poke Comms, etc.) aren't included in cost. (Read:I have all the Staple trainers, 4 cleffa, Energy and whatnot for the sake of this.)
    (NOTE:Cheaper = $50 or less minus Staples)

Years
  • I think you could do with using Typhlosion Prime and the HGSS Typhlosion in place of Emboar and Reshiram if you want to go the route of a poor man's ReshiBoar. (would be slow-ish, though).

Then there's anything with the Allergy Flower Vileplume (could be devastating because of Pokemon Communication being in widespread use). Maybe Pachirisu and Raichu Prime, too (and maybe Raichu HS if you want a little bit faster attacks).

Maybe DonChamp is in your price range?

And that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, and maybe Blastoise and Floatzel UL.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I like the blastoise/floatzel suggestion. Not only are the cards regular, non-holo rares and under, but it is even relevant to the metagame because you can hit reshiram and emboars for weakness. Sniping for 100 is amazing if you can get it set up, the only thing is that it doesn't take reshiram and boar down on the bench because weakness only applies to the active. So, I would put in a bunch of reversals and abuse with junk arm if need be to drag them up to the front and then hit for weakness.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    You could try Samurott (Ability) + Donphan Prime. It works unbelievably good for me, easily defeating Magneboar, Zekrom, Reshiboar etcetera.
    I don't think it's too expensive, the only cards that would be are the 3/4 Donphan Primes. Samurott is relatively cheap at the moment, which is a big plus.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Kingdra was used a lot at Canadian nats and did very well in combination with sniping decks, but for some reason the price hasn't gone up yet, so if you want some you should get them now. I got some on ebay for $10 a piece, that's cheap for a prime let alone one that is actually competitive.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    Ampharos Prime could be viable with Krookodile, as well. Saw a pretty cool looking deck on it over at SixPrizes. Kingdra Prime might be cheaper right now, as well.
    Yes, I was thinking about it and I think I will go with it, because of how cheap it is.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    If you can afford 4 Donphan, a Zekrom, and a Bouffalant, Speed Donphan is a great deck. It has a good matchup against Magnezone/Emboar and destroys Zekrom. It's also better than DonChamp in my opinion. It's fast and very competitive. You also don't need Pokemon Collector in it, but I play two.

Back