• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheaters Never Win

Years
  • I rarely cheat in games. In my opinion, it takes away some of the fun; some of that feeling of accomplishment when you truly beat something properly. That's not to say I don't use 'cheats' for fun... my favourite example is the moon-jump in Super Mario 64 DS. That's just hilariously fun!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm not using cheats/hacks/glitches too often. If I play a game and its too hard or doesn't make fun I simply stop playing it, because if I'd use cheats it wouldn't be any better.
    On the other hand there are some games I really enjoy; Those are games I like so much, that I want to know more about them than is seen on the surface. Getting behind those mechanics means using cheats/glitches/hacks in combination with researches (since I don't want to break the games entirely without konwing what I've done).
    There were actually two kinds of games I've intentionally used cheats on: Gothic (it was fun messing around with NPCs, finding items that were implemented but never used in the game, etc.) and Pokemon (e.g. Pokemon Blue where I really wanted to know how Missingno, Mew Glitch, Shiny Ditto, and the likes internally work)
    If someone is using a cheat to get advantages over somebody else in multiplayer games, he might as well declare defeat. I mean using cheats in multiplayer means that he's not able to win normally, so he'd rather consider playing another game instead of messing around with players who want to enjoy the game as it is.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I usually hate cheating, just because I like to be challenged.

I guess the only games where I use cheat codes are Pokémon games, and even there I only limit the use of cheat codes to obtaining event exclusives that, in case of gens 1 to 5, can't be obtained otherwise anymore.

I don't mind other people using cheat codes, as long as they keep it to themselves and don't use cheats in multiplayer. But then again, I play in multiplayer maybe once a year, so it doesn't affect me that much.

KirbyX

Veteran Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I like many of those who posted before me play a game through and then when board of the normal game play then cheat, who hasn't use cheat codes on 007 Goldeneye or any GTA to
    the effect of dying laughing on the floor. I haven't gotten around to it yet but I plan on using a
    cheating device to unlock Ho-oh, Lugia, and Mew because I didn't start playing Pokemon on VGBA until recently long after the exclusive events for those pokemon ended and I've always wanted them especially Mew. As for cheating during competitive online play
    I can recall a dozen different time's I've seen lag switches, aimbots, total invulnerability and even the ability to instantly kill a whole squad without any damage being dealt, obviously I've played more than my share of COD, Halo and Battelfield. It's generaly possible to hunt those losers down and kill them anyway as they try to keep their act's concealed, ultimately forcing them to blatantly cheat in front of the whole lobby, then you just send messages to the entire lobby calling for the cheaters to be reported to Microsoft and the Game Publishers/Developers thus solving the problem. It would help allot if Microsoft / Sony would scan the users console looking for software
    used for cheating why don't they, they'll scan your console to make sure your not playing cloned games on a hacked console for free the only difference I see is their profits. :O

Back