• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Chimchar's Worth

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Infernape and Swampert are probably the best starters. And the most used ones o_o

Induebtedly so. But also I think Charizard and Sceptile are great users. Charizard loses effect to Ground types, and Sceptile has awesome speed like heck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2007
    Torterra is the coolest looking diamond and pearl starter by far. That thing is a beast. But I can see infernape being better in player vs player fights because if he got some speed and attacked passed to him he would be unstoppable. In the single player game though I would trust torterra (I used both, and torterra >>> infernape). Infernape is like a slightly better, but dumb looking version of blaziken.

Empoleon has an awesome type, but looks incredibly stupid, IMO. Prinplup looks way better.

DrDeath

Don't diss Magikarp
    Years
    Chimchar is good becasue it is gihting as well as fire. Giving it a chance against Rock type. Making Empoleon steel type was a bad desicion, mine was owned by my friends infernape using fire type moves.

Syrr

K-A Dragon Master
    Years
    That's very nice of you. I won't make fun of yours either, I'll just mention that my Empoleon "deals with" the other two starters in a way that I personally enjoy.
    I've never liked the fire starters (or for that matter, any fire pokémon at all). But that's my opinion, I don't ask you to believe it.

Thanks! Very nice way to state your preference too. I don't hate the other starters, I just PREFER Fire ones. Empoleon is THE HEAT though! If I had to bet on which would win in a battle between Empoleon and Infernape, I'd probably bet on Infernape only if it was EV trained ^^;

Back