• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Trainer school. Hopefully we will have some battles so we can make Dr Shrooms (Not mister but doctor because he just so happened to get his PHD a few years back.) can get better. And not suck.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Go to the Trainer's School!
    You stop by the small building next to the Gym - the trainer's school. You stand at the back of the classroom to find a teacher finishing a lesson with the students.
    "Therefore, a Gastly has a body mass of virtually zero..."
    "Hey! Miss Sartory! A trainer!" calls out a girl who had not paying any attention to the lesson two seconds ago.
    "Oh? You came to challenge the legendary Miss Sartory?" asks the teacher. Huh? "Consider your challenge accepted!!!" she shouts, apparently completely abandoning the lesson. "Or are you gonna back down in front of my students?" The kids all start making chicken noises as the teacher throws a Poke Ball.

Thunderbolt
    Return
    Thunder Wave
    Quick Attack

Your Options
    -Send out Marshtomp!
    -Send out Swellow!
    -Send out Sableye!
    -Send out Eevee!
    -Send out Ralts!
    -Send out Mr Shrooms!
    -Thanks, but no thanks. Leave.
    -...Go for the window!

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Send out Marshtomp!
    You send out Marshtomp to do battle with the electric mouse.
    "Pikachu, Return!" yells Ms Sartory. Pikachu dashes up to Marshtomp, and slams him, sending him skidding backwards.
    "Mud Shot!" Marshtomp fires the brown blast directly into Pikachu's face. It flies backwards, and faints. The kids gasp.
    "Ms Sartory... lost...?" Ms Sartory is strangely quiet.
    "You dare... enter my schoolroom... and attack me, the teacher! Get out! Out!" She picks up a broom, and starts whacking you and Marshtomp with it.
    "Argh!" you yell in surprise, as you and Marshtomp dash for the door. The kids appear to be cheering Ms Sartory on her wild broom-whacking fit. You jump out the front door. "Take this, and never enter my school again!" she yells, throwing something at your feet, before slamming the door. You look at it - it's a Quick Claw. Your prize, you guess. That reminds you - you have items piled up that could help with the Gym Battle. Do you want to use any of them?

Your Options
    -HM03 on Marshtomp!
    -TM10 on Marshtomp!
    -TM10 on Swellow!
    -TM10 on Sableye!
    -TM10 on Ralts!
    -TM10 on Eevee!
    -TM10 on Shroomish
    -Quick Claw on Marshtomp!
    -Quick Claw on Swellow!
    -Quick Claw on Sableye
    -Quick Claw on Shroomish!
    -Quick Claw on Ralts!
    -Quick Claw on Eevee!
    -Just go to the Gym

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    HM03 on Marshtomp! It should help us with our upcoming gym battle.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    HM03 on Marshtomp!
    You decide to teach Surf to Marshtomp over the less powerful water-move, Water Gun. In addition to having an edge over Roxanne's Rock types, it also lets you cross water areas.
    "So you're the newest challenger, huh?" says Roxanne, sounding bored, "Well let's get this over with I suppose. You wouldn't consider simply surrendering, to save us time, would you? No? Ah well. Can't be helped, I guess. But let's make it a double battle, so I can show you the true power differential between us. And we can each use a total of three Pokemon" And with that, she releases her first two Pokemon.

Rollout
    Selfdestruct
    Defense Curl
    Rock Slide

Lv29 Nosepass
    Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Thunder Wave
    Zap Cannon
    Rock Slide
    Lock-On

You Options
    -Marshtomp
    -Swellow
    -Sableye
    -Eevee
    -Ralts
    -Shroomish

Note - Vote for TWO options when you post. The first two options to reach 3 votes will be the ones chosen.

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I vote for Marshtomp and Sableye. As Thunder Wave and Selfdestruct worry me. And I just realised we should of kept Tentacool as we could have taught it surf and if it had the ability Liquid Ooze it would make a great counter to Cradily's Giga Drain.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Okay let's see. She is definatly going to use a lock on zap cannon combo, which makes thunder wave pretty useless. And she will probably use selfdestruct once Graveller gets weak.

So I'll vote for Marshstomp because he can hit both of them, and will be useless against Craidly.

Now the problem is that she will now be forced to Lock On Zap Cannon combo on whoever we send out with them, which is bad because Marshtomp isn't fast enough to get in the way of the attack. Unless we just had our other Pokemon use Marshstomp as a human, er, Pokemon sheild. Two problems though: one, I doubt we will get a option that creative, two, Rock Slide would be able to get the one behind Marshtomp.

Assuming we can use this Pokemon sheild tactic I'll go with Ralts because they have the best chance of evading an attack.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Starting this evening, I will be away till the 15th (I think). So I leave the CYOA in Dark Pulse's capable hands until I get back in a week. Adios everybody!

Marshtomp, and Sableye!
    You send out Marshtomp and Sableye to fight the duo of Rock-types.
    "You actually seem to have put some thought into your choice," comments Roxanne, "But it won't change the outcome." Sableye rushes forward, hitting Nosepass with a Fake Out. Marshtomp takes advantage of Roxanne's distraction to nail Graveler with a Mud Shot. This... isn't too bad. Roxanne just smiles. "Hey kid... I would take a few steps back." She clicks her fingers, and both of her Pokemon launch a Rock Slide attack by stomping their feet. Rocks from the wall and roof of the Gym begin tumbling down on the battlefield. You jump backwards and Roxanne stands in a sheltered area as the rocks rain down on the battlefield. All four Pokemon disappear from view. The rock slide ends and the field is quiet. There is a shifting, and Graveler and Nosepass leap out from under the rubble, having taken minimal damage. Marshtomp crawls out seconds later fairly unscaved, dragging an injured Sableye out with it.
    "Aii..." it says weakly, and manages a weak smile as it stands. Not good. That brutal attack did big damage to Sableye. You look at the field. Marshtomp isn't going too badly, Nosepass is virtually unhurt and Graveler looks like it'll faint soon.
    "Nosepass... Rock Slide!" She clicks her fingers and Nosepass prepares to launch a solo Rock Slide. All of a sudden, Graveler runs at Marshtomp, clamping it in a rugby tackle. It starts glowing. Uh oh. The Rock Slide would take out Sableye and the Selfdestruct would take out Marshtomp. You have time to return one.

Your Options
    -Return Marshtomp, send out Swellow
    -Return Marshtomp, send out Shroomish
    -Return Marshtomp, send out Ralts
    -Return Marshtomp, send out Eevee
    -Return Sableye, send out Swellow
    -Return Sableye, send out Shroomish
    -Return Sableye, send out Ralts
    -Return Sableye, send out Eevee

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Why? Why didn't we just use Surf? Do you hate us or something?

Oksy so we are in a bad situation here. Marshstomp is the stronger of the two but will be useless against Craidly, and Sablyeye is almost down. So I say return Sablyeye go Eevee. Eevee may be the lowest-levled memeber on our team but no matter what, Earthquake is a powerful move and it is super effective against her Pokemon.

Back