• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chrono Cross

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I'm guessing that most of the people here have played or at least heard of Chrono Trigger. There's little discrepancy among RPG fans that it's one of the best. However, what I'm wondering is why Chrono Cross doesn't seem to be anywhere near as popular. I started playing it last weekend, and I've found it to be much more absorbing than its predecessor. Any other opinions?

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Chrono Trigger is a classic. Therefore, when Chrono Cross came out, many thought it would be cut from the same cloth as the original. But it wasn't, it was an entirely new game with very slight and complicated connections to the original. I guess many players were disappointed by this, because they thought they would be playing CT Part 2.

CT was created by "The Dream Team" as well, and it was thought out to be a very unique title. It featured several different endings, a New Game+ feature, and other aspects that weren't the norm for RPGs at the time. Unfortunately, Chrono Cross is disliked by much of the public because it wasn't considered to have lived up to the legacy laid down by CT, and I guess no one was anticipating for its release as much because it was brought here very late during the PS1 generation. In my opinion though, I loved both games equally.

Years
    I have CC, but I'm not playing it yet...I'm waiting until I beat CT, but my DS is currently on the verge of breaking in half at any minute, so thats not a good idea if I like having a whole DS.

But basically, its what's already been said: everyone expected CT II, but got a new game related to CT. I don't see what the problem is- what, so Chrono isn't the main character. The way I see it, the Warriors of Light aren't the main characters of every FF game, yet it's just as popular. But the thing with sequels with stuff like that- fans tend to get to hyped up about it, like with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Advent Children. And when they don't get exactly what they've been fantasizing about, they throw a fit like a little kid. Which is ridiculous.

Of course, this coming from a guy who hasn't beat CT yet or played CC, so...

Years
    I liked Cross better if only for the battle system which was one of the best I've encountered in a JRPG. I thought the music was fantastic as well. The story went a bit off towards the end and if you kept swapping the characters every chance you got then it became rather hard to get attached to most of them but otherwise I thought the game was solid.

Back