• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] City Cat's Short Questions Thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to make a Whirlpool or Rock Climb event. Maybe a Lava surfing obstacle too?

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Thanks everyone, I'll look into those. But what about Whirlpool? Or is it just really similar?

Years
  • it's like a cut animation, but one that makes it surfable! Look into how cut is defined, copy and adapt. You may need to rip the whirlpool sprites from HGSS or GSC and redraw them by animation, but shouldn't be that complicated!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Ok cool thank you. I'll look into to be honest I kinda made it before, but I couldn't remember how I did it and I wanted to see if anyone had another way to do it. But it makes sense. It's sort of like a tree event in the water. Just disappears after Whirlpool is used and depopulates after reentering the map.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Scripting for hoard encounters?

Does any kind of script exist for hoard battles? Or is there a way to make a script like this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Day/Night encounters for surfing/fishing

Like the title suggests, is it possible to create a new encounter type for day/night to change the likelihood of finding Pokémon in the water?

Years
  • yes. check my tutorial on how to define new encoutners here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=417351

in your case, luckilty, is a bit simpler, but following part two of the tutorial:

1) fill out your module PBEncounters
    2) then add the method around the other, similar ones (preferably isJustRegularGrass?)

Code:
      def isTimedWater?
        return false if @density==nil
        return (@enctypes[EncounterTypes::Water] ||
                @enctypes[EncounterTypes::WaterMorning] ||
                @enctypes[EncounterTypes::WaterDay] ||
                @enctypes[EncounterTypes::WaterNight]) ? true : false
      end

then in def isEncounterPossibleHere? and directly below if self.isCave return false

paste

Code:
        elsif self.isTimedWater?
          time = pbGetTimeNow
          enctype = EncounterTypes::Water
          enctype = EncounterTypes::WaterNight if self.hasEncounter?(EncounterTypes::WaterNight) && PBDayNight.isNight?(time)
          enctype = EncounterTypes::WaterDay if self.hasEncounter?(EncounterTypes::WaterDay) && PBDayNight.isDay?(time)
          enctype = EncounterTypes::WaterMorning if self.hasEncounter?(EncounterTypes::WaterMorning) && PBDayNight.isMorning?(time)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Awesome, much appreciated. I'm assuming this works for the fishing rods too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Moves.txt with all moves from gen1-7

Does anyone know where I can find a moves.txt updated with all moves from gen 1-7?

If it doesn't include z moves that's fine, but would be cool if it did. Also I'm wondering if there's anything I would have to change internally to make the moves work properly. I'm just using 17.2 essentials at its base with the moves it comes with.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Download Pokemon Green Remix and you will find what you are looking for.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Add search function to debug menu.

Is there a way to possibly add a search function to debug mode in essentials to quickly find the Pokémon/item you are looking for in order to not have to press page up/down a number of times?

Years
  • Could've placed it in the suggestions thread.

On topic: It would be great if there was a way to search for things within the editor, but it's not worth the time. There's a bunch of things that takes priority over it and it's not like you will lose a bunch of time looking for your item/pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    While i cant personally say how to do this ill atleast inform you i'd require rewriting the way battles work; as its a 1 v 5 would have to add a whole new way to battle, and thats only the battle code. ^^

so if someone did have a way to do it; it may be complicated to add ^^

closest thing (while not the same) is wild double battles

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Oh yeah I guess I could've put this in that thread instead. Yeah I guess you're right.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Z move implementation

Can anyone explain how to implement Z moves. I found a file called zmoves.txt, but how do I get essentials to read from there?

Back