• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Civilization VI

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I really hope that they make the base game complete this time, rather than selling stuff that should have been in the base as DLC.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Just watched the E3 video. Here's a link for those interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUL1Y95To2A

I'm a bit iffy with the UI right now, and the art style is going to take some getting used to. I much preferred the art style of Civ 5 of both the world and of the Leaders. I hope those animations will be togglable, because although uncovering the world map looks beautiful, it takes a lot of time and looks really graphic/processor intensive. It gets old fast in my opinion.

I hope the amount of micromanaging that they're introducing will be fun. It does encourage you to play zoomed in and look at your city being built - that seems fun and new. But it's going to be a wildly different experience compared to how you used to play Civ 5 or 4. I like the new social policy/governing idea and I'm excited to play with that.

But, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I dislike it and jump right back onto 5. Brave New World is really, really good. I'm not convinced Civ 6 will top it.

Back