• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clash of the Titans [PG-14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    OOC: I'm thinking about meeting someone in the Petalburg pokemon center and travelling with them. Anybody interested shoot me a PM and we'll work this joint post thing out. I posted my first part of this chapter, so anyone who is in the same position, get in touch with me and we'll exchange messengers and such. We can even do a couple people, just to be gutsy.

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    (OOC: Wow. I really wish that I could have signed up for this, but I don't think that I was active at the time. Either way, if anyone chooses to drop out of this, please PM me, because this looks exceedingly awesome.)

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • Seph's nose twitched, something was smelling awfully bad. He had immediately gone outside after professor Holly finished talking. He couldn't see any of the other trainers, so he figured everybody had already left. He went towards the open space behind the labratory, and took out his pokeball.

"Now let's see what we got," He quietly muttered. He extended his hand and threw the pokeball, surprisingly it jumped right back to his hand, and there was a bright flash of red. Seph instantly reached for his nose, as he smelled that awful odor again. The bright light dissapeared, and a little purple skunk was standing in front of him. The skunk was immediately sniffing around, it had probably never been outside the labratory before.

"Uhh you smell," He told the pokemon, who immediately looked up and flashed him one of those looks. He hated them, those sarcastic looks.

"Yea, sorry," he apoligized. "Now, what exactly are you?" He asked the pokemon as he took out the pokedex. He looked at the screen, and back up at the pokemon. There was a matching picture, and its name was Stunky.

"Alright, Stunky?" He inquired. The pokemon nodded in agreement.

"Well, lets call you erm, well." He was pondering all the possibilities. He couldn't call it Stinky, tough he had a sudden urge to do just that. Stripes? That sounded like a cat's name, tough it matched the pokemon well. He still hadn't taken his hand from his nose, and he quietly cursed himself for being late. Tough he desperately wanted a pokemon, even if it had to be a stinky purple oversized rat. It might work out tough, if it took a bath or something.

"What about BadRat? Thats an awesome name." One of those looks again...

"Uhh Stripes?" He found this name boring, but the Stunky nodded in agreement. Alright, pick the boring name... He suddenly broke the silence "Well, wanna get going?" The Stunky walked ahead, and he took his hand away from his nose. How was he ever going to deal with this, jeez it smelled like rotten eggs. It would surely be a while for him to get used to it.

They exited the city, and he neared route 102. He wondered what kind of pokemon would be there. As soon as he entered the route, he saw a couple of trainers, while he also saw trainers at the very end of his sight. He recognized those from the lab, so these must be normal Hoenn trainers. He walked through the bushes, hoping to find a powerful pokemon. Stunky was at his side, sniffing around for berries. Surprisingly after a couple of minutes the smell wasn't that bad. After Stripes had finished eating, he returned it to its pokeball for convenience.

Suddenly he heard something crashing through the bushes. It had to be large to be making such a racket. He grabbed one of his pokeballs, and threw it at the bushes. Instantly the pokeball flew back and hit him in the head.

"What the heck!" Some guy yelled from the bushes.

"You don't throw a pokeball at a human, rookie." The guy sneered. "Now I saw you walking in here, and figured it would be some good experience for my pokemon." The guy was really pissing Seph off now.

"Go Surskit!" He threw a pokeball, and a little blue spider came out. ~Wait, a spider...

Much to the guy's annoyance, Seph burst out laughing. He just couldn't stop, and he clutched his belly. He was laughing so much it hurt.

"What!" The guy yelled. "What are you yapping about? Something funny punk?" He was furious.

"Haha..." Seph recovered from his laughing. "It's a spider!" He pointed at the blue pokemon.

"Yeah, so what?" The guy asked.

"Itsy Bitsy Spider," Seph burst out laughing again.

"Hey, this spider can kick your ass!" The guy said.

"Hah, I can just step on it." Seph took a step forward, and lowered his foot above the surskit. The pokemon immediately skirted away and ran around frightened.

"Hey, surskit, snap out of it, use bubble!" The surskit turned around a blew a volley off bubbles at Seph.

"Haha, its blowing bubbles!" Seph burst out laughing again. That was until the bubbles made impact. They popped and Seph fell back. "Ouch!" His arm was sore. The guy grinned confidently. Seph took out his own pokeball. "Kick it's ass Stripes!" The stunky appeared out of a bright red flash.

Now it was the other guy's turn to burst out laughing. "Haha, it stinks!" The guy sneered.

"Better than an itsy bitsy spider!" Seph replied. "Now, Stripes, uhh do whatever you do!" He commanded the pokemon. He felt ashamed that he hadn't learned it's moves first. Stripes shot forward and clawed the spider. "Great job," he encouraged his pokemon, tough the spider wasn't nearly done yet.

"Counter with bubble!" The guy yelled, and the surskit blew another set of bubbles at Stripes.

"Uhh scratch those bubbles like you scratched spidey over there!" He was pretty sure this would work, and it did. Stripes slashed at the bubbles, and then stood still. It began to glow red, and it didn't take it's eyes off the surskit.

"Well, attack it?" Seph inquired. Stripes just stood there.

The other guy started laughing. "Worthless, bubble it!" Stripes took full impact from the bubbles, and skidded backwards.

"Uhh stripes?" Seph quietly asked, not so confident now. Stripes got into action, still not taking its eyes off the pokemon. He raised his tail and spun around.

~What the heck? Don't tell me he's gonna...

Stripes farted. At least it looked like it, purple gas started appearing around it's tail, and flew towards the surskit. It seemed like it had hit a weak spot, maybe because the Stunky was so focused. The surskit flew back and got knocked out.

"No... Way." The guy quietly returned the pokemon. He then threw a clip of cash towards Seth. "Happy now? You got your money." The guy walked away, but Seph stopped him.

"Why did you give me this?" He asked the guy.

"You won.." The guy continued on.

"Thas Ok," Seph threw the wad of cash into the guys hands, who looked up in surprise. Seph was already backing out onto the main path. He could see petalburg in the distance, and made his way along the grassy route.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~ShadowDragon - That was hilarious I have to tell you, poor Surskit... Stunky grew to lv. 8 and learned Screech.

NOTE: The OOC is finally up so any questions, comments or random **** you want to talk about, there's your thread =]

Years
  • Chapter 2 (1/2): A Pesky Poochy

Chad was merrily on his way, without basically a care in the world. He was whistling a little tune that he had carried from his music lessons, when suddenly he noticed something. There was no odd weight over his left shoulder. Chad stopped mid step. He glanced at his shoulder. He was missing his guitar. He was missing his guitar. He was missing his guitar. His guitar. Chad tossed his backpack on the ground and rummaged through it. Finally he produced the PokeNav. He looked at the funky little machine. Now how do you suppose this works? He wondered, observing it carefully. It was his only hope.

Chad poked the PokeNav. That didn't work. This time, he tugged on all sides. Nope, that didn't work either. Chad frowned, wishing he was more technology-savvy. He looked at all of the buttons on it. Then, he poked each one. The first one he got a picture of some sort of a map. The second he had no idea what just happened, but on the third try, Chad finally got it. There was a touchpad for numbers. He carefully punched in his mother's number and looked the machine over. Oh, found it, he thought, pressing the "Send" button. He put the phone thing to his ear and waited while it rang.

"What did you forget?" Ah, the first words out of a mother's mouth. How do they do that?

"My guitar…" Chad mumbled, a pouty look appearing on his face for basically no reason. His mother sighed on the other end. "Could you have Swellow fly it to me?"

"I suppose so," his mother replied. "I'll send Swellow to Petalburg City, alright? It's the next city." She added the last bit just incase he was slow enough not to realize that. Chad agreed. "Did you back everything you—?"

"Bye," Chad said quickly and hung up. He loved his mother, really he did…but sometimes…Chad shuddered.

So Chad started walking again. In reality, the curiosity was slowly beginning to kill him on the inside. He had a burning desire to figure out what Pokémon it was. Oh, I can't help it, he finally concluded, pulling the Pokeball from the belt at his waist. He peered at it for a moment, and tossed it lightly. In a bright flash of light, some weasel-like Pokémon was standing a few feet from him, arms crossed. Chad cocked his head to the side curiously. What's that? He wondered, pulling out his next piece of technology. The Pokedex. This time, he actually figured out how to get the thing to work without killing it. Props for Chad. Soon he learned his Pokémon was a Buizel. What the hell was that?

"Bui," Buizel said in agreement with the Pokedex.

"I've never even heard of you," Chad stated. "I thought I'd get some awesome Torchic or something. But no, I get a water rat!" He blinked and chuckled at his own joke. Buizel rolled its eyes. "Heeeeeeeeeeey," Chad said in a slightly sly way. He grinned, crouching down. "Do this," he stated, forming his fingers into Devil Horns. Buizel cocked his head to the side curiously and attempted to follow the suit.

"Bui?" it questioned, holding out its paw.

"No, no," Chad said, helping his Pokémon. "Like this," he declared. Buizel grinned happily once it noted that he had his fingers the same way Chad's were. "Exactly!" Chad proclaimed, happy to have taught his Pokémon one of the most important things in life. "Hmm…" he trailed off, wondering what was next. He opened his mouth, when there was a growl from behind him.

Buizel peered over Chad's shoulder. Chad looked over his own. There, not two feet from them, was a black looking dog. Chad stared at the little puppy. It's a Poochyena, he thought, recognizing the red eyes and dark fur. Buizel stared, and scrambled over Chad's shoulder, basically getting right in Poochyena's face. Poochyena growled in warning. Chad opened his mouth to tell his Pokémon to cut it out before the wild one attacked, but it was a little too late. Poochyena latched his jaws down on what would have been Buizel's nose. Buizel was quick though, so instead Poochyena now had a firm hold of Chad's backside.

"Get your filthy jaws off my ass!" Chad shouted. He immediately reached behind him and tugged on the Pokémon. Buizel was laughing on the sidelines. "You're the Pokémon," Chad called to Buizel, "aren't you supposed to attack?!" Chad poked his still open Pokedex that was on his lap. He saw the list of attacks. "Use quick attack and get this Poochyena off me!"

Buizel sure got going then. It charged at Poochyena with a fair amount of speed, pleasing Chad. One second there was pain, the next he was free. Chad stood, taking his belongings with him. He glanced over and saw that Buizel was currently attempting to dodge Poochyena's many bites. Chad was very surprised to find that Buizel was actually doing a pretty decent job at dodging as well. A wide grin spread across his features. Chad glanced at his Pokedex briefly in a quick attempt to memorize Buizel's attacks.

"Alright Buizel, show that street pup what you've got!" Chad declared. He was enjoying coming up with on-the-spot nicknames for the Pokémon he saw. "Attack with sonic boom!"

Chad wasn't sure what the attack did, but he issued it because quite frankly it sounded cooler 'n hell. Buizel's tail suddenly slammed together, sending a nice force wave towards the Poochyena. Poochyena looked surprised, getting hit by the brunt of the strong attack. The puppy tumbled backwards, rolling into a bush. Chad gave Buizel a thumbs up. Buizel stared at his hand for a moment, and then mimicked the motion. I love this dude, Chad thought with an even wider grin on his face when he noted Buizel's copy.

"Good job, Buizel!" Chad declared happily. He was about to walk over and get his Pokémon when there was a growl from the bush. Uh oh, Chad thought, glancing from Buizel to the bush. It had angry, glaring red eyes. I didn't think bushes had eyes, Chad thought dryly. Suddenly, the Poochyena came snarling out of the bush. Buizel, unsuspecting, got hit by the full brunt of Poochyena's tackle attack. Chad frowned, half glaring at the Poochyena. "That was unfair," he stated. Poochyena paid him no heed. "Fine, be that way," Chad stated, sounding like a pouty kid, "Buizel, let's kick this thing in the can! Use quick attack again!"

Buizel shook his head rapidly, snapping out of the hurting effects of the tackle. It charged towards Poochyena. Poochyena attempted to dodge, but Buizel was just too fast. Chad smirked when he saw that Buizel's attack had struck. Buizel hopped away, eyeing the Poochyena much more carefully this time. Chad decided it was for the best. He paused, remembering the Pokeballs that were at his belt. Ah, why not? He decided, grabbing one of them. Buizel looked at him curiously. Poochyena began to get up.

"Buizel, knock it down with sonic boom," Chad stated, focused for one of the few times in his life.

Buizel nodded quickly and slammed his tails together, sending another wave towards Poochyena. Poochyena cried out, slamming against a tree from the force. Chad glanced at the Pokeball, shrugged, and tossed it at the puppy. It was soon engulfed in a flash of light as it began to shake.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~Fenris-insertomega- - Oh Chad... That was greatly amusing, great post. Chad caught a lv. 3 Male Poochy.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~Proddit - Nice post, I like the way Tyler tends to talk to himself.
    Tyler caught a lv. 2 male Shiny Pidgey

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • As the white glow dissipated from the Pokemon, Laura raised her eyebrow in irritation when she realized that she didn't recognize which species it was. It appeared to be Teddiursa-like, but its long ears were like a Buneary's, well minus the fluff on the ends, that is. Several red spots dotted its body, the most uhhh..... interesting one was a skinny, horizontal spot that stretched above both eyes, looking much like a single, long eyebrow, even mimicking one whenever its facial expression changed. ".... My Pokemon has a unibrow...," she murmured, raising an eyebrow a little, torn between being amused and a little disturbed.

Looking up, the Pokemon smiled when it saw Laura and walked toward her...., if you can even call it walking. It stumbled around as if it had drunk a "little" too much of the happy juice or taken one too many spins on a merry-go-round and the groggy look in its eyes seemed to only further confirm this. "Uh... You ok?"she asked, reaching an arm out to steady the Pokemon. Professor Holly couldn't have possibly given her a starter with something wrong with it, could she? In any case, this wasn't at all what she had expected.

Pulling out her Pokedex, she pointed it at the spotted drunk and was pleased when it reacted right away with a picture and a vocal entry. It didn't look exactly like the picture, but it seemed that every individual's spot configuration was unique, plus it's bizarre tottering gait seemed to be a natural trait or something. 'A Spinda, huh? His name definitely fits,' she thought to herself as she quickly memorized the attacks listed.

"Hey, Spinda. How about we practice some attacks or something?" she offered, turning her attention back toward him, but he was nowhere to be seen. ".....Spinda!?" She looked around anxiously for a few milliseconds, but he wasn't really hard to find.

"My sucker!" she heard a shrill voice squeal nearby. Glancing toward the sound, she a small boy trying desperately to hold the sugary treat out of the reach of her wayward Pokemon's grasping paws. Sighing with annoyance, she raised the Poké Ball and quickly returned Spinda before it could make a lucky grab, and swiftly headed to Route 102 before anything else could go wrong. At a safe distance away from Oldale, she released him from his ball again. Obviously upset that it didn't get the sucker, he sat down and began to cry pitifully.

"It wasn't yours," she explained impatiently, feeling uncomfortably like her own mother, but it no good as Spinda's cry increased to a wail and then a shriek as it flailed it arms around in a full-blown tantrum, using Uproar to increase its volume to an ear-shattering level. "What a brat!" she grunted painfully as she held her hands tightly over her ears. Apparently, Laura wasn't the only one bothered by the noise because when she started to move forward to calm her Pokemon, she noticed with a start as half a dozen pairs of angry red eyes appeared in the nearby bushes.

When the six growling Poochyena crept out of their cover and began to surround the two, Spinda promptly stopped the racket he was making and clutched his paws around Laura's leg in fright. It was probably hopeless, but at least trying to fight back seemed to be a better option than doing nothing at all. "Spinda, use Uproar on the nearest Poochyena!" Hesitating, he tightened his grip on her leg and shook his head vigorously, but she pushed him forward anyway, encouraging him as best as she could. Biting his lip, he closed his eyes and charged blindly forward slamming the nearest Pokemon repeatedly with his paws, screaming as loud as he can manage. His opponent fell to the ground, down but certainly not out.

Although in obvious agony as Uproar tortured their sensitive ears, the two of the other two blindsided Spinda with a Tackle combination, cutting off his clamor and knocking him heavily to the ground. He slowly struggled to his feet as all six Poochyena advanced toward him. Despite the fact that he was undoubtedly a higher level, Laura knew that he had absolutely no chance against these kind of odds. Her grip tightened on Spinda's Poké Ball.

Suddenly, an intense blast of fire seemed to fall from the very sky, missing some of the Poochyena by mere inches. A fierce roar followed soon after, drawing all eyes upward, where an orange, dragon-like Pokemon with a flaming tail circled above them. 'Is... could that be a Charizard?' Laura wondered her eyes widening with awe. Whimpering, the Poochyena exchanged terrified looks with each other before beating a hasty retreat. Just before the last one disappeared into the bushes, Spinda couldn't resist taking a bit on revenge on it with a Tackle, causing it to tumble head-over-heels as it fled. "Could it be wild?" Laura pondered aloud, as the flying Pokemon circled one final time before soaring off into the distance. Remembering her injured Pokemon, she returned it to its ball before continuing on her way.

Still deep in thought, she arrived at the Pokecenter in her hometown of Petalburg. "Nice to see you again, Laura. Oh, you have a Pokemon?" Nurse Joy asked, giving a sweet smile.

"Yeah, that's right. Could you heal my Spinda for me?" she questioned, though the response was more than obvious. Whoever heard of any nurse refusing an injured patient anyway? Why asking something so unnecessary was considered common courtesy was beyond her.

"Of course," she answered, taking the Poké Ball into the back room with her. Settling herself in a nearby chair, she leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes, relaxing for a least a few minutes.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~Namora - Great post, I love the personality you have given your Spinda.

Spinda grew to lv. 7!

Years
  • Chapter 2 (2/2): Crazy Pyscho Lady

Finally the ball halted. Chad grinned and sauntered over to it. He picked up the Pokeball. Buizel gave him a happy look. Chad tucked the ball away and then looked at Buizel. "Well," Chad began, plucking Buizel's Pokeball from his belt, "I suppose you'd best get inside." Without much of a fuss, Buizel was returned into the smallish looking space. Chad shrugged and placed Buizel's Pokeball beside Poochyena's. I want my guitar, he thought sadly as he quickened his pace to Petalburg.

In a rather short amount of time, Chad arrived. He let out a breath and looked around, mostly for Swellow and his baby. Yes, his guitar was his baby. He loved it more than…well, many things. Chad frowned when he noted that Swellow was no where to be found. With a soft sigh, Chad walked into the Pokémon Center feeling slightly dejected. He wanted his guitar. He handed Nurse Joy his Pokémon, and then plopped down to wait.

I wonder where Swellow is, he thought anxiously. Chad glanced out the window to his right. No sign of said big bird yet. Chad fidgeted. He was acting like a mother hen or something, it was crazy. What if Swellow got caught in one of those…wind…things…updraft? Whatever, one of those bad things, Chad fretted. He smacked his head on the window sill. Nurse Joy came out carrying a tray with two Pokeballs on it. Chad smiled slightly.

"Thanks," he said, taking his Pokeballs back off of the tray. Nurse Joy frowned, and pulled a piece of paper from her pocket. Chad cocked his head to the side curiously.

"Oh, you're Chad!" she exclaimed. Nurse Joy then hurried off back to the counter. Chad followed her, clipping his Pokeballs back to his belt. She huffed and produced something from around the counter. Moments later, Chad's guitar case was sitting on top of the counter, right in front of him. Chad got the happiest look on his face. He picked up the guitar and hugged it. Nurse Joy raised her eyebrow, but said nothing. She simply walked away to a boy who was coming in with a rather beaten up Zigzagoon. Chad slung the guitar across his left shoulder, happy to feel the weight for once.

Chad sauntered out of the Pokémon Center, deciding just to move on. Since there wasn't a gym around anymore, he didn't really see any big point in staying in the city. Maybe I'll go to that Rustboro place, he thought, strolling out of the city. Once Chad was actually outside of the city, he noticed a vast route ahead of him, followed by a large and dark looking wood in the distance. Chad stared, yawned, and then pressed on. He already was itching to stop and play his guitar, but he thought better of it and figured that he should just keep going.

"Blah, this is exciting," he grumbled to himself. "Oh great," he muttered, "now I'm talking to myself!" Chad kicked a pebble in his way. It flew a little higher than he expected, and ended up hitting this napping person in the face. Chad blinked, whoops. The person grumbled and stirred.

"What's your problem?"

Oh, it's a girl, Chad realized. He smoothed out his expression and put on his most charming face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to kick the pebble quite so—"

"Oh shut up and save it, pretty boy," the girl snapped at him.

Chad blanched. Alrighty, so my charm tactic totally won't work. And I don't suppose scaring her with pretending to be punk will work either, Chad thought. "Uh…" he said intelligently.

"You wanna settle this?!" she snapped. Apparently she didn't like to be woken up from her nap. "Then battle me, you pansy!" She quickly grabbed a shiny red Pokeball from her belt. Chad blinked, he was unsure of whether to accept or not. "Fine! We'll have a double battle then!" she declared, grabbing yet another Pokeball.

"Er…you see, I…" Chad began lamely.

"I CAN MAKE IT TRIPLE!" she shrieked.

"Alright!" Chad declared, quickly grabbing Buizel and Poochyena's Pokeballs.

"Let's go Lotad and Pidgey!" the girl called, tossing the spheres. Chad tossed his as well.

In four flashes of light, four Pokémon appeared. Chad recognized the Pidgey, but Lotad was a bit new to him. He brought out his Pokedex, quickly registering them, before focusing back in. Buizel and Poochyena were ready to rock 'n roll. Chad glanced at the Pokémon opposite of his own. He couldn't tell whether or not they were very powerful, but decided to overestimate his opponent rather than underestimate her.

"Ladies first," he said.

"Don't try that with me, pretty boy," she barked back. "Lotad attack Poochyena with water gun. Pidgey, you use tackle on Buizel." Chad vaguely wondered how she seemed to know what Pokémon he had were called.

"Dodge the attacks," Chad said quickly to his Pokémon. Buizel, being fairly fast, was narrowly able to dodge the tackle. Poochyena wasn't as lucky, and got struck by the water gun. "Aww," Chad whined, frowning as his Pokémon was sent rolling backwards from the power of the attack. "Poochyena, retaliate! C'mon, learn to be hardcore! Let's kick some ass! Use tackle on that Lotad!" Chad called enthusiastically. Poochyena looked at Chad like he was insane, but then went in for the attack.

Lotad, being a fairly slow Pokémon, was unable to dodge the speedy attack. Poochyena rammed into it, knocking the Lotad backwards and leaving Pidgey in a moment of worry. That was enough. Buizel used that moment to unleash a sonic boom under Chad's orders, which was actually a fairly decent idea. Props for Chad. Chad grinned when the attack struck the bird, knocking it down to the ground in a heap.

"Grr…" the girl grumbled, glaring angrily at Chad. "Lotad, use water gun on Poochyena again. Pidgey use gust to keep that Buizel away!" she called to her Pokémon.

Lotad sort of rolled over, pushing itself on its feet again. Chad felt vaguely sorry for the Pokémon, but that feeling dissipated when he saw it unleash another attack on his Poochyena. Chad called for a dodge, which Poochyena was able to manage this time. Chad stuck his tongue out at the girl. Pidgey flapped its wings violently, sending a rather steady cloud of dust and debris toward Buizel. Buizel got knocked backwards. Chad frowned. The girl opposite of him stuck out her tongue in a mocking gesture. Chad's eyes narrowed in annoyance. I don't even think I could swoon her if I tried, Chad mused. He looked quickly at Buizel and Poochyena, glad to see they were still ready to pull through.

"Buizel use quick attack on Pidgey," Chad ordered swiftly. "Poochyena follow up with a tackle."

"Oh no you don't! Pidgey get that Buizel away with another gust. Lotad help out with water gun!" the girl called to her Pokémon.

Pidgey, no matter how fast it was, simply wasn't fast enough. Buizel charged into it and slammed the bird to the ground, causing it to cry out as it struck. Chad smirked, but the smirk faltered slightly when he saw Lotad's water gun spouting directly for Poochyena. Luckily Poochyena was able to dodge and the attack hit Pidgey instead! Chad grinned widely. Poochyena had missed his opportunity to tackle, but damage was still done nonetheless. Lotad looked slightly ashamed of itself as it tottered towards Pidgey to see if the bird was alright. The girl growled in annoyance.

"Give up yet?" Chad asked jokingly.

She shot him a rather scary glare. Chad actually winced. "No, and don't ever think that, you big pansy! Lotad attack with absorb!" she shouted, pointing at Buizel. Chad's eyes widened in one of those 'oh crap' fashions.

Buizel tried to run, but the attack was already launched. Lotad's absorb hit full on, sucking out Buizel's energy and replacing it for his own. Poochyena growled and charged, slamming against Lotad and breaking the attack. Chad bit his lip, unsure whether now was the right time to let out his held breath or not. He called to Buizel. Buizel slowly picked itself up, wincing and glaring at Lotad in obvious annoyance. Buizel slammed another sonic boom out with his tail, hitting the Lotad dead on. Poochyena sprang away as Lotad fell to the ground from the attack, just as beaten as Pidgey was. Chad glanced at the girl and shot her a triumphant smirk. She clenched her fists and glared.

"Whatever," she growled, recalling her Pokémon. Chad blanched, like not even a day in and someone already hates me! Without another word, she walked away. Chad sighed and recalled his Pokémon.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~ Fenris - Awesome post, looks like Chad's charm wasn't going to win him that battle. Good thing Buizel and Poochyena did. The girl's scary though.

Buizel grew to lv. 6 and learned Water Gun! Poochyena grew to lv. 5 and learned Howl!

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    OOC: Sorry it took so long. I was waiting for someone to co-post with me but it never happened. Anyway, here's a free post.

Petalburg City

After what seemed like an eternity, Nurse Joy called Axel's name with a smile, and the boy stood, stretched, and made his way over to the counter. With her sterile smile and perfectly trimmed nails, Axel couldn't help but be a little creeped out. She looked exactly like the Nurse Joy from the Ecruteak Pokemon Center. Not similar, but it had to be the same person. Axel shuddered. Where do they find people that look exactly the same? Are they related? Clones?

"Ahem. Sir?" Joy said, her head cocked slightly to the side. "Is there a problem?" Axel's gaze broke and he shook his head. Nurse Joy's impeccable smile returned and Axel felt another chill go down his spine. "Well, your Pokemon are fighting fit! We hope to see you again." She handed him his pokeball, and Axel made his way quickly from the Pokemon Center, careful not to look back. He knew what he'd see; Nurse Joy smiling. Always.. always smiling.

Petalburg City was just about as empty as before. As he walked down the cobblestone streets, he passed by the gym, or what was at one point the gym. Suddenly Axel realized what had happened. Before it had gotten wrecked, he remembered his Pokegear saying something about Petalburg being a huge gym town. Without a gym, a gym town isn't much of a town anymore. Looking at the once neatly polished Gym sign now covered with dust and cobwebs, Axel sighed. He was sort of hoping that this would be his first opportunity to get a gym badge. But as he thought about it, maybe his one Zubat wouldn't be able to take down a professional pokemon trainer. Axel nodded, deciding that he needed to get some more pokemon under his belt.

As Axel reached the outskirts of the city, he stopped to take a rest. The sun had begun to beat down on the back of Axel's neck, and a thin line of sweat ran across his brow. He cracked his neck, wiped his forehead, and stood, stepping into the tall grass on the path to Petalburg Woods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Route 103

Axel pushed aside the tall grass and made his way through the seaside route, his eyes peeled for something that he would want to add to his team. So far so bad. "I don't want you." he mumbled to a Lotad who was looking curiously up at him from the grass. The pokemon turned away sadly and walked back towards the stream where it hopped in. Axel sighed, and sat underneath a tree, setting his pack next to him. He wrapped his thumbs in his belt loops and ran his hand over Zubat's pokeball. As he wrapped his hand around the ball, he decided to let Zubat out for a little bit. He hadn't seen his partner since he had gotten him out of the Pokemon Center, and he figured that the best way to get started on a Pokemon journey was to get to know your pokemon. Axel lazily tossed the Pokeball into the sunlight.

As the white and red ball exploded into light, Zubat found herself outside in the sun, and quickly decided that this was not something that she intended to allow to continue. Zubat hated sunlight, (even more than the average Zubat) so she was undoubtedly upset by her trainer's insensitivity. Irritably, she shot off ultrasonic blasts into her area, creating a picture of the area that only her brain could understand, and she immediately found the nearest tree and nested in it. With her superb hearing he heard the voice of his trainer telling him to come down, an order she decided to cleanly ignore. She didn't care much for the boy, realizing Axel knew very little about her. A capable battler, to be sure, but as far as treating her right... Zubat turned her head away and promptly went to sleep.

Axel moaned in despair, hoping that nobody was around to see this. "Come on, Zubat! Come down, please?" He sighed, and pulled out his pokedex, pointing it at Zubat. "Zubat. The bat Pokemon. Average Height - 2'7". Average Weight - 17 lbs. Zubat remains quietly unmoving in a dark spot during the bright daylight hours. It does so because prolonged exposure to the sun causes its body to become slightly burned. During the daytime, it stays in caves or under the eaves of old houses, sleeping while hanging upside down." Looking at Zubat, he realized why she was ignoring him. "I'm sorry, Zubat. I know you don't like sunlight. We're about to get into Petalburg Woods, and it'll be nice and dark in there. So I wish you'd quit being so stubborn, and let's get out of here, okay?" he said apologetically. At this, Zubat lifted one delicate wing, and dropped from the tree, hovering in front of Axel. Axel smiled and they left, Zubat hovering uncomfortably behind him.

A Taillow flitted from tree to tree, searching for a Wurmple to make for it's lunch. Having no luck, he grudgingly settled on a berry for the third time today. Already upset, Taillow's mood was not improved by the Zubat that also decided to make her lunch out of the same berry. Taillow's rage erupted and he drove into Zubat with a furious peck, almost nicking one of her wings. Zubat let out a cry, and fell, only catching itself a foot and a half before it hit the ground. She regained her bearings and looked to Axel for direction. "Zubat! He's quick, but you're quicker! Show him your speed! Quick attack!" Zubat pushed her wings to her sides and streamlined herself, smashing into Taillow, who likewise took a tumble, but also quickly regained his composure. Taillow landed briefly on the ground, and began to breathe deeply, his muscles bulking up. "Zubat, watch out.. I don't like this." Zubat prepped herself, and watched Taillow. Taillow braced himself and dove at Zubat with incredible force. Axel's eyes widened. "Zubat, move!" With stunning agility, Zubat dove out of the way and hit Taillow's back with a quick attack, sending it to the ground. Taillow struggled to get up but couldn't. "...Good work, Zubat." Axel said absently, looking at the unconscious Taillow. Making sure Taillow was out of harms way, Axel headed towards Petalburg Woods, Zubat in tow.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~ YoshiRiRu - great post, I liked the way you moved into Zubat's mind for a bit.

Zubat grew to lv. 9 and learned Astonish!

---

Chapter 3
    Optional
    Free Post​

Optional before going on to the next part if you wish to strengthen your Pokemon or capture a new one. You know the drill.

Pokémon:

Wurple

Level: 4-5
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting
    Common

Shroomish

Level: 4-5
    Moves: Absorb, Tackle
    Common

Bellsprout

Level: 3-5
    Moves: Vine Whip
    Uncommon

Pineco

Level: 3-5
    Moves: Tackle, Protect
    Uncommon

Yanma

Level: 3-6
    Moves: Foresight, Tackle
    Rare

Tangela

Level: 3-6
    Moves: Ingrain, Constrict, Sleep Powder
    Rare

Scyther

Level: 2-7
    Moves: Quick Attack, Leer, Focus Energy
    Very Rare

Chapter 2
    Strange Happenings.
    Number of Posts: 1​

When you enter the forest you find yourself in a very green area with bugs all around you. Limited light filters through the ceiling of leaves above your head and there are small dwindling paths snaking off from the main one everywhere. Beside the paths the foliage is thick and almost impossible to comb through, though the natural inhabitants don't have any troubles with this. You might even see some marks where the rare Scyther has cut its way through the bushes. You still have the creeping feeling that you are being watched, but there is no one in sight…

Here is where we split up.

Timeless, Fenris and Proddit's chapter:

Spoiler:

YoshiRiRu, Nomura and ShadowDragon's chapter:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Chapter 3 (1/2): Guitar Theives Shall Be Punished

Chad sauntered along the trail, feeling rather bored. He noticed that it was slowly turning into dusk. Chad sighed heavily and stopped in his tracks, looking about in the looming forest. He had only seen Wurmple and Shroomish. He had also seen an occasional Bellsprout, but otherwise there wasn't anything too exciting. At least, that's what he had thought. Now he was sitting under a tree, his guitar carefully placed upon his lap. Chad had decided to take a little break and relax. Besides, he was probably just going to be lazy and get behind everyone anyway. Yup, Chad thought, so there's no point in me rushing along like some maniac with my head cut off. So, with that thought in mind, Chad opened the case to his guitar.

He had your average guitar. It was made of the lighter tan wood and basically looked like any other acoustic. Even though it looked like any other guitar, it was Chad's, so he considered it special. A grin appeared on his face as he took it out of the velvet case (that cost more than the guitar itself) and moved it to his lap after shoving the case aside. He positioned the guitar just right, tuned it, and was about to start. Then, there was a rustle in the dense brush next to him. Chad sighed and hung his head. Why now? He wondered in annoyance. He looked up from his guitar.

There, not four feet from him, was a green bug thing. He recognized the Scyther almost immediately. The only funny thing about it was that it appeared to be young. It was looking rather lopsided, and he figured that it probably didn't even know how to stay on balance yet. Chad snickered as the Scyther took and unsteady step forward and half fell down. The little Pokémon stumbled its way over and looked at Chad's guitar with a cocked head. Chad glanced down at his guitar and then scooted away from the Scyther. It wobbled closer. This kept going until Chad finally fell over a root, landing flat on his back. Scyther peered down at him and snickered in an odd, Scyther-ish way.

"Oh shut up," Chad grumbled, sitting up. Scyther cocked its head to the side. "What?" Chad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Scyther," it stated, pointing at Chad's guitar with a long claw. Chad eyed the sharp thing carefully.

"Keep your claws away from my guitar," Chad said, still eyeing it.

"Scy?" Scyther questioned, cocking its head to the side once more.

Chad held up a finger. He set his guitar down and then turned to his back. He rummaged about, looking for some sort of food that he could use to get Scyther to keep away. Chad had it all nicely planned out in his head. He would toss his food in a bush, Scyther would (for sure) go after it, and then Chad would run away. There, problem solved. So when he turned around to show Scyther the food, he was surprised to find that Scyther was gone. Huh, he thought, blinking, well that was easy! Chad grinned happily and stuffed the food away. That was when he paused, realizing something. He slowly turned back around to find his guitar missing. Again. Well, ok, actually this was the first time (during this particular trip) but still.

"YOU STUPID SCYTHER!" Chad shouted, scrambling to his feet immediately. He took off into a random bush, grabbing Poochyena and Buizel's Pokeballs as he did. Chad tumbled through the brush, knocking random twigs out of his way. Seeing as Chad wasn't paying much attention, it was basically the perfect opportunity for an accident to happen. He tripped over a rather high root. Chad fell face first into a small muddy ravine. He lifted his head and wiped his eyes slowly like they did in moves. "Well," he began, "this bites."

"Scy," a small voice said directly above him.

Chad looked up. The Scyther was standing on the bank that was just above his face. He stared at the Scyther. It stared back, looking rather like it was enjoying this little "game". Chad growled and pushed up from the mud. He stomped up the slope. Scyther turned and ran away. Chad tossed Poochyena's Pokeball, barking a quick tackle as he walked. Poochyena charged after Scyther, knocking the Pokémon over with ease. Scyther skidded to the ground. Chad smirked. Then Scyther started to cry. The smirk on Chad's face was immediately replaced with one of utter confusion. The hell? He wondered, walking over to the Scyther. Poochyena trotted over, sniffing it curiously. Scyther then smirked, smacking against Poochyena in a surprise quick attack.

"You little cheater!" Chad accused, pointing at the innocent looking Scyther. Scyther blinked, and opened his arms. What now? Chad wondered cautiously. Scyther took a few wobbly steps towards Chad, and that was when Chad realized something. Scyther wasn't wobbling when it attacked! Chad thought, eyes widening. Scyther then literally hugged Chad's feet. Chad blinked and looked down at the Pokémon. Scyther looked up cutely. Chad opened his mouth, when a gleam appeared in Scyther's eye. "Poochyena!" Chad shouted. Poochyena blinked slowly, getting up from the spot where he had fallen. Then he charged at Scyther. Just as the Pokémon was about to lop Chad's feet off, Poochyena crashed into it. Scyther cried out as it got knocked aside, but then easily got back up again. It barely looked phased from the attack. Chad glared at the Scyther.

"Scyther!" it cried.

"Alright Poochyena, show that stupid thing no mercy! I don't care if it starts crying pools of blood! Alright well," Chad muttered, "I do…but whatever!" He cleared his throat. "Use howl and then get it with another tackle!"

Poochyena barked sharply and then howled a long, fighting howl. Chad crossed his arms and watched. Scyther was basically leering at Poochyena, but luckily Poochyena was paying no attention. Then the attack was done, and Poochyena was ready to go. It charged at Scyther as fast as it could. Scyther charged back. The two met it a crash. Chad winced as he watched Poochyena go skidding away, somehow unable to keep up with this Scyther. Chad frowned, going into thinking mode. Yes, Chad could actually think. Though he was blonde, he wasn't a full true blood. Only about partially.

"Chenya!" Poochyena growled. It roused up another fighting howl. Scyther hissed and Chad saw it begin to focus. Chad thought quickly, realizing that Poochyena was totally not going to be able to win this fight. Poochyena charged again, but so did Scyther. They met again, but Poochyena was still knocked away. Chad twitched.

"Poochyena, how about we let Buizel finish this," Chad said, making it more of a declaration than asking. He recalled his saddened puppy. Scyther looked confused, but then Buizel appeared out of the Pokeball. It was doing some funky pose, but what Chad found hilarious was that his paw-like fingers were in the devil horns formation. Good thing I taught him that, Chad thought, chest puffing out in pride.

"Bui!" Buizel declared.

"Alright Buizel, time to show that Scyther what you've got. It's annoying, so watch out," Chad said. Buizel nodded. "Let's start off with a sonic boom attack!" Chad called.

Buizel's tails began to rotate again, and the attack flew towards Scyther. Scyther zoomed out of the way with a quick attack. Chad cursed out of annoyance. It was a habit—he couldn't help it. So did he try to help it? Nope. Did he care that people probably didn't like him cursing a lot? Nope. 'Cuz if they don't, he thought idly as he ordered Buizel to go for his own quick attack, then they can suck it. Buizel carefully dodged Scyther's attack and slammed into it with his own. Chad shook his head, escaping his meaningless thoughts and zoning back into the battle. Scyther quickly dodged Buizel's quick attack with one of its own. Chad, remembering his Pokedex was in his pocket, pulled it out and checked. Buizel knew a new move—water gun. So, instead of your average physical move, Chad decided he was going to mix it up a bit. He grinned slightly.

"Buizel get close to it with quick attack!" Chad called. "Follow with a close range water gun."

Buizel nodded swiftly and immediately dove in. Scyther hissed, shifting from one foot to the other. It was bracing for the attack, but apparently it didn't realize that Buizel wasn't going to hit directly with quick attack. Scyther moved out of the way, looking very confident. Buizel smirked in return, and then shot a steady stream of water directly for the large wings on Scyther's back. Scyther cried out as it slammed into the muddy ground. Chad smirked, seeing that it would be slowed down from the mud and water covering its body. Buizel's tails twitched in anticipation of Scyther's next move.

"Scyther!" it shouted angrily, glaring at Buizel. Buizel smirked.

"Bui, Buizel," Buizel said, clearly talking to the Scyther. Chad cocked his head to the side, wondering what they were saying. That was when it struck him.

"HEY!" Chad shouted, making both Pokémon jump. Scyther looked at Chad. Buizel turned around and looked at Chad. "What the hell did you do with my guitar?!" he demanded, glaring at Scyther. Scyther blinked. Buizel translated. Scyther snickered and pointed to Chad's guitar. Chad looked behind him. The strings were all sliced, but the thing that got him the most was the fact that there was mud on it. There was mud on his guitar. There was mud on his guitar. His guitar. Chad felt his eye twitch. Buizel glanced back at Scyther, giving the Pokémon the you're-in-trouble-now look. Chad slowly turned. "Buizel," he said lightly, "if that thing is left standing after this battle, I'm going to personally see to it that neither of you are."

"Bui!" Buizel said, clearly outraged.

"Now kick that thing in the butt! Use sonic boom, and if you have to get close with quick attack. I don't care what you do, just attack it!" Chad snarled. His eyes flashed dangerously. It was one thing to mess with him, 'cuz in all honesty he didn't really care. However, it was another thing to mess with his guitar.

Buizel charged in, deciding not to mess with Chad at the moment. Scyther actually looked a bit nervous as it dodged Buizel's multiple attacks. Scyther was eventually struck by a water gun, knocking it to the ground. Buizel used his tails to create a sonic boom, pushing the Pokémon further into the mud. Scyther cried out when the attack hit. Buizel leaped back, waiting. Scyther slowly pushed to its feet. Chad glanced at Buizel. Buizel was panting, but Chad had a feeling that he could take more. Without even waiting for Chad to say anything, Buizel charged back in with a quick attack. Scyther dodged but only just. Scyther leered at Buizel, causing it to hesitate just enough for Scyther to launch a quick attack. Buizel cried out as it skidded backwards into the wet ground.

"Buizel, you alright?" Chad shot to his Pokémon. His anger was basically gone now. Chad was like that. He would get angry, but it's not like it would really last or anything.

Buizel got up, looking ready to keep going. Scyther hissed and charged. Buizel unleashed a stream of water, knocking Scyther back. Then Buizel charged in, slamming into Scyther in a heavy quick attack. Just as soon as Buizel sprang away, Chad grabbed a Pokeball. Scyther was down, and with as much trouble as it caused Chad wanted it. Vowing to fix his guitar afterwards, Chad chucked the red and white orb at the green bug.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Petalburg Woods

The forest was dark and cold, perfect for Zubat. As she flitted around the branches, happier than Axel had seen her before, he smiled to himself. "So this is what it's like to be a pokemon trainer.. to be at harmony with these creatures." Zubat chirped happily, and did a sommersault in the air, cleanly twirling through a branch, looking to Axel for approval. Axel laughed and politely applauded. "The Olivine judge gives it a 9.4!" he cheered, raising his hands as if holding up a score card. Zubat looked pleased with herself, and did another twirl, landing neatly on a twig, hanging serenely. Axel smiled. "You're quite the nimble little rodent, aren't you?" he teased, playfulling reaching for her. She flinched back, giving Axel a reproachful look, and his smile lessened considerably. "Guess she doesn't quite like me THAT much yet." he sighed, although Zubat had seemingly forgotten the incident and was practicing more aerial acrobatics. As he watched her flap into the trees, something tickled at the back of Axel's neck.

As he turned, he saw a large gang of eight or nine Bellsprout staring at him from a small patch of grass. As they watched him, Axel felt suddenly very uncomfortable. These wild pokemon weren't afraid of him, or even curious about him.. they despised him. He had never felt such a human emotion from a Pokemon before; there was something just about the way their beady plant eyes stared through him that made the hairs of the back of his neck stand up. Turning away from their cold angry gaze with his head tucked down, he was startled to find his path blocked by a trio of Bellsprout moving gingerly towards him on their creepy root feet. The way they shambled towards him on their unnaturally squirming legs, the same penetrating gaze as the other set boring holes into Axel's psyche really brought home an unknown fear that attached itself to his legs and would not let go. He found himself unable to move, his entire body numb with a binding fear that Axel did not understand. The Bellsprouts "walked" (or whatever you would call it, Axel thought absently. It's hardly walking.) towards Axel, and the boy found himself wishing Zubat hadn't run off.

Scree!

A piercing shreik broke Axel's trance and his legs unlocked. A blur shot through his feild of vision, and he could barely make out Zubat's slender form divebombing one of the Bellsprouts before twirling gracefully and using her momentum to shoot back down again and knock out another one, leaving only the one in the middle. Axel took this opportunity to bolt, leaping cleanly over the head Bellsprout. Or, cleanly he thought. A surprisingly strong vine reached up and grabbed Axel's left leg, bringing him down hard on the ground. He broke his fall with his hands, and used the fall to propel himself back onto his feet, running surprisingly fast - considering there was a Bellsprout attached to his leg, bouncing helplessly along. "Zubat, let's go!" he yelled over his shoulder.

Zubat, who was preparing to engage a group of Bellsprout, turned and began to fly away, in pursuit of her trainer. She was as perplexed as Axel was at the grass pokemon's behavior. She had seen Bellsprout before, sometimes they wandered into caves in search of food during particularly dry months. They were timid pokemon, never actively searching for prey. Usually they planted their roots into the soil and waited for stupid bugs to wander their way. This agressive behavior... it just wasn't right. As her brain racked for an explanation, a slender vine wrapped itself around one of her wings, and she was brought to the ground with a cry of indignation. Three Bellsprouts descended on her.

Axel heard Zubat's cry and whirled around, now oblivious to the near unconscious Bellsprout latched to his leg. "Zubat!!" he cried. "Astonish!" A sickening slow 2 seconds passed, and suddenly a ghostly apparition shot out of Zubat's body, shocking the three Bellsprout, scattering them to the four winds. The rest of the Bellsprout dispersed grudgingly as Axel returned to his friend. He kneeled next to Zubat, who was not moving. As he bent close, his deepest fears confirmed, a startling spirit lunged at him, and Axel jumped back, his heart beating furiously through his ribcage. Zubat, unhurt, became airborne, trying and failing to hide her pleasure. "Quite.." he swallowed the lump that had made it's way into his throat. "Quite the astonish you've got there. Punk." he grumbled unhappily.

After Axel's heartbeat returned to a fairly normal pace, he remembered the plant hanging from his leg. Looking down, he saw the Bellsprout, nearly unconscious, hanging from his leg. Its spirit broken, the plant merely averted its eyes from Axel's. Axel turned his head to Zubat and shrugged. "What do you think, 'Bat?" he asked. Zubat made no indication either way, her silent face giving no answers. "Good enough for me." he said. He gently removed the plant's surprisingly strong vine from his leg, and set it down on the ground, where it stood silently awaiting it's fate. Axel took a Pokeball from his bag and tossed it at the Bellsprout, which turned into a red ball of energy and was closed within the sphere. Rocking once.. twice..

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~Fenris - Holy crap, that's one evil bugger!

Chad caught a lv. 6 female Scyther.

~YoshiRiRu - Oh ****... It'll be interesting to say the least, Axel with a Bellsprout.

Axel caught a lv. 4 female Bellsprout.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • (OOC: I am assuming he can think of the word *****, since its 14+, otherwise please correct me, and I will edit it :D)

NOTICE: People who were tied up with Seph with the kidnapping. He mutters: "Just try *****..."

Petalburg city was a quiet city. Seph had inspected every single corner but there was nothing interesting to be found. Even the gym was locked, which was lame, because Seph was eager to fight in his first gym battle. After concluding that there was nothing interesting in the city, he went and healed up Stripes, who was exhausted from the battle against the spider.

"Welcome to the pokemon center," A nurse with bright pink hair smiled at him. "Would you like us to heal your pokemon?" She asked him, and when he nodded she accepted his pokeball and took it into a room behind her. Seconds later she came back out again. "Here's your pokemon, all healed up. We hope to see you again!" She smiled brightly.

"Err, thank you." He took the pokeball and immediately left. What a scary *****, did she want his pokemon to get hurt or something? He was quite confused by the 'We hope to see you again!' Anyways, he made his way outside and entered the nearby route.

He smiled as he enjoyed the cool breeze. It had been a while since he had been on the beach, and he felt the sand grains beneath his toes. Even tough it was a small beach, with the grass right next to it, he still sat down and released Stripes.

"Hey fella, wanna go battle on the beach?" He asked the stunky. It nodded and jumped around, also enjoying the heat from the sun.

"Alright then, sniff around for trainers,' he smiled as Stripes began zigzagging across the beach. He highly preferred taking the beach route, over the grassy route.

"Stunk, Stunky!" He heard nearby, and he looked at stripes who was looking at a trainer.

"Watcha want?" The trainer asked the pokemon, not in a intimidating way tough.

"He's with me, care for a battle?" Seph asked the trainer.

"Oh, yeah sure, we have to train anyway," The guy smiled, and then released his pokemon; a wingull, and it looked strong.

"Cool, use scratch!" He commanded stripes. He had finally taking the time to look at his pokemon's moves, while he was in the pokemon center. He had decided that his best combo was focus energy and poison gas. His pokemon darted forward and extended his claws, but Wingull just flew up and avoided the attack.

"Counter with growl!" The guy obviously had the advantage, and stripes cowered in front of the wingull.

"Use our super combo!" Stripes instantly glowed red.

"Rookie trainer huh? Wingull has the sky, and the sea. Think about your environment, the beach. All water and no grass or trees. Now wingull, watergun!" Wingull shot water into the air, and Stripes skidded back into the sea. Quickly the waves went over his head, and the pokemon coughed, losing its focus. It still made an attempt to attack, and released all the gas. The gas flowed up towards the wingull.

"Fly up!" The other trainer commanded. The wingull flew up, but gas was reaching towards it. Suddenly the gas distorted and dissolved. "Can't reach that far? Never thought about the ocean winds? I told you to think about your environment." The guy raised his eyebrows. "Wingull, water gun!" The wingull blasted at stripes again, and the pokemon skidded deep into the sea. It couldn't stand anymore, and the waves toppled it over.

"Stripes!" Seph ran into the sea and got the pokemon. It was knocked out.

"Next time think of all the factors in battling, name's John by the way. Well, good luck with your journey." The guy walked off into petalburg woods.

Guess I will see you again, Nurse Joy… He quietly made his way to the pokemon center.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~ShadowDragon - Nice training post, I like the way Seph learned something.

Stripes grew to lv. 9!

~Proddit - Nice battle, attack of the Shroomish, hm?

Pidgey frew to lv. 5! Venonat grew to lv. 9!

Years
  • Chapter 3 (2/2): Chad Likes To Finish His Sentences

And then, it stopped. The little ball dinged. Chad huffed, crossing his arms and refusing to move. He simply stood and stared at the Pokeball. Then he finally walked over and picked it up. Buizel stood silently. Chad recalled Buizel seconds later, and then walked over to his poor guitar. He crouched down and plucked it from the mud. Then he slipped back down the bank and jogged towards his pack. Upon arriving back where he had previously sat, Chad immediately set to work on his guitar. He carefully wiped the evil mud from it with a cleaning cloth. Once that was done, he inspected it carefully to make sure there were no marks. Satisfied that he found none, Chad carefully set about putting new string on it. It took a while, but finally he was finished. Chad let out a breath and looked at his guitar. Then, he carefully placed it back in the case. Maybe I'll just only open this thing when I'm inside, he decided silently. Then he picked up his stuff and was about to keep going, when he saw something.

A little blue and cream colored Pokémon was toddling along on the route. Chad blinked. That looks familiar, he thought, cocking his head to the side. There were a few red dots on its back. OH! He realized, eyes getting wide. He knew what it was. "Hey, you're a Cyndaquil!" he shouted, running towards the Pokémon. Cyndaquil squealed and ran away. Chad trailed after, not even paying attention to where he was going. His friend had loved these things—Chad decided that it would be like the perfect birthday present, right? Right. So he was going to catch it just like he had the previous ones. Soon, Chad was growing a bit more worried. He had a funny feeling he had no clue how to get back. So what? A part of his mind argued. I've gotta get this thing! So he plowed on, not really caring if he got lost. He was nearing the Pokémon…so close! And then, it suddenly swerved.

Chad yelped, skidding and turning as well. He slowed slightly, seeing the Cyndaquil sitting perfectly in the middle of a small clearing. Hehe, Chad thought, sneaking closer, I've got you now! He leaped forward, when suddenly there was a stinging sensation on his arm. Without any other thoughts, Chad blacked out. Got…cha…was Chad's last thought as he descended into blackness.

The first thing Chad felt when he awoke was the actual sensation of waking up. It wasn't like waking up from sleep—no, it was more like being snapped awake after you have one of those instances where you're falling in your dreams. Chad blinked slowly, his amber eyes cracking open a fraction. He was lying on the ground. There were two other people with him. Chad lifted his head and saw some sort of bamboo-like cage surrounding him. Ha, he thought, sitting up slowly, do they not think I can't fight my way outta this? Chad smirked; he had had his share of fights in Lilycove City. Though it looked nice on the outside, he grew up on the bad streets and knew how to handle himself. Then he saw the others.

A few feet in front of him stood four people. They were wearing black capes (that's what Chad decided to call them) over normal and casual clothing. There was a bit of light, so Chad saw the capes were actually dark blue instead of black. Well whoop-de-do, Chad thought dryly. He then noticed that two of them were arguing. A tall bald man with a dark goatee was standing opposite of him. Ha, the bald guy's totally the leader, Chad knew at once (he had seen quite a few mob movies), 'cuz at least half the time the leader is bald and fat. Hmm…I think I need to lead a mob… He grinned in amusement. Then he focused more on them and saw two others just standing there watching. Yup, a total of four. None of them seemed very happy, and Chad was lucky enough to catch some of their little argument.

"We couldn't possibly target anyone with the method," the hooded one squeaked. A Hypno was standing behind him. Chad snorted.

"I don't care about your petty excuses!" the bald man snapped back. "I gave you an order and you failed. Now we have a useless Elysium and two of them." The last word had a nasty twist. Chad frowned. Dude, it always seems like the henchmen fail too. Haha, dunce! He was actually finding this more amusing than anything. That's when they toned things down, and Chad decided not to eavesdrop (or attempt to) and just let them feel special by secretly whispering. Suddenly one of the guys in the background said something, and then a finger was pointed in their direction. Chad's eyebrow arched as the bald man turned toward them with an evil look on his face. Chad didn't like it.

The man practically sauntered towards them, arrogance flaming about him. Chad set his chin on his knee. "So, the sleeping beauties have finally awoken."

"Yup, seems like the dragon has too," Chad piped up. He grinned devilishly. The man paid no heed.

"You," he said, turning to one of the boys. Chad yawned. "I have nothing against you, but it's a wrong time, wrong place situation." He then turned to the other kid and Chad. Chad waited. "You two, however, I will have fun killing. Well, maybe I'll just torture you and hand you over to Boreus as hostages. He does so like hostages." Chad rolled his eyes. Oooh, the scary fairy princess is trying to scare us, he thought dryly. "How about a game?" he asked suddenly. "I ask you questions, and each one you get wrong, well…" he produced a knife. "Let's cut off a finger?" Chad snorted. The man then pulled a rope, and the entire cage fell apart. Chad simply sat, not really bothering to move. They can kiss my ass, he thought as three others twisted his arms behind his back. "And when you run out of fingers, we always have the ears…maybe the toes. Though I'm not really a big fan of feet." He said this as he walked around each of them, almost contemplating.

Whoop-de-do, Chad thought again. Mr. Pansy doesn't like feet.

Then he stopped in front of Chad. Chad grinned widely. "You first, with the lovely brown eyes. Let's go with a classic, tell me the value of Pi, rounded up to ten decimal places."

"Suck my di—." The man cut him off. Chad pouted; he wanted to be able to finish.

"Sorry, too la—"

All of a sudden a woman on an Arcanine jumped out of some bushes. Chad blinked. She was wearing a hooded cloak as well, and it was fastened with some sort of golden clip by the collarbone. Simple jeans and a T-shirt was what she donned underneath. On the trim of the cloak, sleeves, and hood was a green line with odd white symbols on it. Chad eyed them curiously. She then jumped from the Arcanine as it tackled the bald man to the ground. Chad snickered, that's what'cha get for interrupting my awesome sentence. Suddenly the other three immediately released them to defend their leader. He was spluttering commands at them, looking rather feeble. Bring it on, Chad thought as one of them stopped in front of him. Hypno and Arcanine began to battle in the background.

"Well hello there," Chad said pleasantly. He plucked Poochyena's Pokeball from his belt. "I suppose we're going to battle now, right?" The trainer said nothing, and instead tossed his own Pokeball. In a flash of light, a little triangle-shaped Pokémon appeared before Chad. "The hell?" he grumbled, pulling out his Pokedex and quickly checking. What the heck is a Snorunt? Chad wondered as he tossed Poochyena's Pokeball.

"Snorunt attack Poochyena with powder snow. Avoid bite if at all possible—it'll do virtually nothing."

"Oh, so you're smart!" Chad exclaimed. "I don't look it," he explained as Poochyena tried to evade the attack, "but I can think too. Poochyena use howl and then tackle!" There wasn't much else Chad could do, but he picked Poochyena for a reason. Truthfully right now Poochyena was more of a tire-out Pokémon. He'd never let it faint, but Chad knew that Poochyena would be fairly close to it until it learned a few more moves. Poochyena howled, and then charged through the snow attack towards Snorunt. The attack slowed it down, but eventually Poochyena managed a hit.

"Heh, you're not going to win with that thing," the guy commented in a gruff voice. Chad didn't comment back. "Snorunt, use double team. Follow with powder snow. Trap that Poochyena and beat it to the ground."

Snorunt smirked. Chad paled, not liking this at all. He told Poochyena to dodge, even though he knew the effort would result in vain. Poochyena leapt away, but then another would block his path. Chad frowned, and watched. Poochyena even attempted to tackle them away, but more and more would just appear almost out of nowhere. Chad bit his lip, I really can't do anything unless I recall Poochyena, but… That was when the true attack started. The wave of Snorunt unleashed their attacks. Snow shot directly towards Chad's already tired Poochyena, encasing it in a layer of snow. Chad waited, and didn't like the fact that there was no movement under said snow. Was Poochyena down? The man chuckled; he obviously seemed to think so. Chad sighed and was about to recall Poochyena when the mound moved. Yes!

"Ha yourself!" Chad shot back. "Don't count my puppy out. Poochyena let's go! Tackle the one directly across from you!"

"What?!" the guy said, clearly surprised that Chad was able to tell.

"That one produced more snow," Chad declared, actually sounding moderately smart. He smirked as Poochyena slammed into the Snorunt, but frowned when he saw it barely did any damage. "In any case," he said, "I think that a new Pokémon's in order." With that, he recalled Poochyena. Chad tossed Buizel's Pokeball—he knew Scyther would basically be of no help now.

Buizel appeared in a flash of light, ready to battle. Chad ordered a sonic boom. Buizel used the attack with quick and graceful ease. Within seconds, Snorunt was being knocked back. The man in the cloak was basically radiating anger at seeing his Pokémon get attacked and hurt. I feel like a cheat, Chad thought in annoyance. He didn't like the prospect of switching out, but another part of him knew that had he not, then Poochyena would've fainted and he didn't want that to happen. Sure, he knew it would happen sometime—but just not now. Chad quickly shook his head and focused on the battle. Snorunt was trying to get close and use bite, but Buizel was managing to hold it back with sonic booms and the occasional water gun.

"Snorunt, use powder snow," the man commanded.

Chad wasn't going to consider this neither good nor bad. It could freeze Buizel—that's what he was mostly worried about. That's why Chad wanted this match to end soon. The powder snow struck, but Buizel only got slowed down a little. Buizel shook off the snow as much as he could, and then launched into a quick attack. Snorunt dodged, but only just. Then it whipped around and clamped down on Buizel in a heavy bite attack. Buizel cried out in pain.

"Use sonic boom!" Chad called, knowing that the close range would provide excellent help. Buizel quickly unleashed the attack—and it slammed into Snorunt with success. The man in the black coat cursed as his Pokémon went down.

Chad let out a breath. I think I just got lucky, he though silently. He stood there, unsure of what to do. Then he quickly recalled Buizel before he didn't have a chance to. Chad glanced over at the battle and saw the Hypno dangerously close to fainting. Chad vaguely wondered who would win. Then suddenly the bald man shouted something, and the three trainers rushed to his side. They touched the Hypno, and then within moments they were gone. Must've teleported or something, Chad thought. His head began to throb for no apparent reason. The woman then turned to the three of them. Chad saw her blonde curls and the fact she was in her late teens, but didn't comment like he normally would have. His headache was annoying him. She then got a Pokeball from her belt and it produced a Kirlia.

"I'm sorry about what happened," she said. "Touch her and she will transport you to Rustboro." Chad decided to go with it, and touched the Kirlia. Seconds later, they were standing in front of the Pokémon Center. It was midnight, Chad's headache was pounding, and he wanted to sleep. Though he was curious, the throbbing headache made him forget that and focus on sleep and sleep alone. Tomorrow he'd get his Pokémon back from Nurse Joy.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • ~Fenris - Loved the post. Either Chad is very gutsy or just... stupid xD

Poochyena grew to lv. 7! Buizel grew to lv. 9!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back