• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Classic or Current?

Classic or current Pokemon games?

• Classic

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Current

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Both

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • Do you play/prefer the classic Pokemon games, or do you only play what's up to date with the Pokemon games? I personally like both. I can play Red and Black in the same day and have fun with both. How about you guys? Do you like classic Pokemon games, current Pokemon games, or a little of both?

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    I like the older new games (FR/LG and R/S/E) the best. FR and LG are remakes so would that count? And I just love Hoenn.

I can't stand playing R/B/Y or G/S/C because the graphics are just soo bad. And I didn't start playing until FR/LG so I'm not like emotionally attached.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I don't know whether to count RSE as classic or current because they are more in the middle. I have played a lot of Ruby recently. However, I've been playing my Heartgold and White versions a lot, so I say current.

Years
  • Although i used to enjoy the old games, but they are so slow compared to the newer generations, and you pretty much have the same features + way more

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I don't really have a preference for either.

I like the classic games BECAUSE of the classic feel. It's the same reason I still enjoy all of the NES Dragon Quest titles, as well as FF1(only FF game I like). It just feels nice to play them.

The newer games are admittedly a lot more fun though. With a much better metagame, plus much better graphics, they're "better" than the originals.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I like both u cnt beat the classics but the new ones r cool too

Years
  • I voted "current" even though both are fun. Although I started playing as a kid with Crystal and Yellow, I still enjoy the flexibility and scope of the newer ones. The old ones, while great too, often seem too blocky and void of important features such as the Select button and graphically displayed PC Boxes.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • i can't stand the classics, even after growing up with them. Gen V has been my favourite generation, and I've replayed both 3 times(i have played every gen of pokemon games) already using different pokemon each time, but yeah i just resent the older games although i grew up with them, but it's funny that i'm like that as i love S/NES rpg's and such.....

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like playing the current Pokemon games because I like to see the changes made to the battling mechanics. I go back to the classics from time to time.

poopydude

PKMN Master
    Years
  • Classics. I can't seem to stick with today's games this most notably happened after i put down my Soul Silver after i got to the fifth gym. Despite the fact it was the remake of my favorite generations of games i just couldn't seem to Finished it and that was a pretty big deal considering the fact that i have completed (in terms of all the game events with the exception of the pokedex) EVERY single Pokemon Game that i ever owned starting from the days of Red and Blue. Generation 5 was actually the first time in my life where i didn't buy the game all together due to the fact that i was sick of all the new designs that they put into it. When i play a pokemon game i am not looking for flawless graphics or new game mechanics and it seemed for the first time that Nintendo really changed everything i used to love about the games when it wasn't really necessary. Don't get me wrong the new games look nice but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I guess the reasons why i like the classics is because it helps channel my inner child and helps me remember to a simpler time in my life.

Back