• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Clean up in Wonder Trade?

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
  • My apologies if this is in the wrong place! I'm still a n00b, however I have looked at the guidelines, and this seemed fittting.
    I've been trying to organize people to improve the quality of Wonder Trade. By this, I mean, NO MORE USELESS POKÉMON! I feel especially strong about this since I got an Arceus in WT. It was just so kind and genrous, and this is the least I can do.
    I want to release all Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Poochyena, Ralts, and the like. I just don't think it's fair. Sure, it's all about taking a risk, but to get a lame Pokémon every single time? In replacement, let's put in better ones! Like Pokémon that aren't Wonder Traded often. Now I'm not saying you have to put in Legendaries, just something other than the norm!
    I've completed my dex on OR but I just want to make WT better for everyone else! I know there's thousands, maybe millions of players, but I was just hoping I could gather enough people to make a difference.

Years
  • Somehow I have been doing exactly this. Everytime I got some "useless" Pokémon that can be caught in the very first route I had been releasing since I somehow wanted to clean up the mess.

I like your way of thinking cause it shows me I am not the only one doing this and I am not being stupid for trying to clean up a bit! :)

That kind of thinking is what messed up WT in the first place. Especially with the ones wondertrading off cheated ones. We do not live in a world full of innocent people, people will take advantage of those who wondertrades more 'better' pokemon with crappy weak ones since they know they will get away with it.

At first wondertrading was used more so for breeders breeding for competitives, mostly with breedjects of 1-4 ivs but as cheating become more well known to crap greedy morons who cant be bothered to spend time, wanting everything in one go, wondertrade have become mostly filled with cheated pokemon or just with crap pokemon.

However with the recent update needed for both the game itself and the 3ds, more players have been putting more crap ones since they cannot cheat anymore, this is the main reason why there are more crap ones this days. Seeing you have completed the PokeDex and fond of WT I'm pretty sure you cheated/have cheated pokemon and most likely took advantage of other people by placing crap pokemons for wondertrade so I don't see much reason why complain.

Taking on the challenge of releasing all crap pokemons taken from wondertrade is meaningless.
    Pokemons like Zigzagoons, Poochyena, Wurmple, Fletchling, etc. are infinite in the wild.
    Even if you have 5000 players going for the same clean up project, it will never beat the other million(s) players, especially to take account that people within your group will not be all so devoted and will likely only spend about 20 mins worth of WT before they get bored and do something else.

Cheaters seem to think wondertrading cheated poks helps people, but they mostly fail to see the reason why mythicals/legendaries ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIMITED while also making problems in the long run. I am not strongly against cheated *not gonna runaway on a trainer with a full shiny team, etc.*, but I do not appreciate them.

Last edited:

Nidorina of Time Lord

Years
  • YOU ARE ASSUMING I CHEATED JUST BECAUSE I COMPLETED MY DEX?I did not cheat to get any of my Pokémon. I have no idea why you would accuse me that. And if you disagree, just stay out of this. I was only trying to be nice. I already stated that this idea may not work.
    I DO NOT CHEAT OR KNOWINGLY ACCEPT POKÉMON CREATED BY CHEATS. I'm not saying to add cheat Pokémon either. And I was just hoping to change the pool a bit. :(

Last edited:
    YOU ARE ASSUMING I CHEATED JUST BECAUSE I COMPLETED MY DEX?I did not cheat to get any of my Pokémon. I have no idea why you would accuse me that. And if you disagree, just stay out of this. I was only trying to be nice. I already stated that this idea may not work.
    I DO NOT CHEAT OR KNOWINGLY ACCEPT POKÉMON CREATED BY CHEATS. I'm not saying to add cheat Pokémon either. And I was just hoping to change the pool a bit. :(

I said ''cheated/have cheated pokemon'' implying that you either cheated or obtained cheated ones off WT, knowing or unknowingly. Meaning if you obtained a mythical/legendary(s) in WT it is most likely to be cheated since who would trade them off randomly anyway which also goes for shinnies, this would also mean there is a big chance you have gained advantage by keeping unknowingly cheated pokemon this is why I made the conclusion that you shouldn't be complaining. And if I/anyone disagree, this is a discussion forum. If you do let people who oppose you bring their points I do not know why you would make this thread. I am only bringing general facts and also realistic conclusions.

The use of / is to mean OR, For example apple/lemon will mean apple or lemon. So I did not actually accuse you of cheating, only made the suggestion that you may have gained them in WT.

Last edited:

Nidorina of Time Lord

Years
  • Hey, I'm really sorry for yelling at you. I suppose I just misinterpreted what you said. And in retrospect, this thread was probably a bad idea. Maybe some of my Pokémon from WT are fakes- I've got an unbelievable amount of shinies.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2018
    If you're getting that many shinies than most if not all are fake for obvious reasons. I appreciate what you're trying to do but there isn't really a way to make it feasible

Hey, I'm really sorry for yelling at you. I suppose I just misinterpreted what you said. And in retrospect, this thread was probably a bad idea. Maybe some of my Pokémon from WT are fakes- I've got an unbelievable amount of shinies.

Well Ima say the mooshy thing of 'it's the thought that counts'~
    privmsg.php

Anyways... A person called Sleepy Jirachi already tried something of the same area...
    He did a '#cleanthegts' thing to get rid of pokemon. mostly mythicals with curse words *For example, Ebola Ni**er, I **** UR MOM, etc.* as their rename, which shouldn't even exist because mythicals like Mew, Celebi, etc. are not supposed to be re-nameable.
    He was on a game article as a person trying to clean it up... He is also a cheater, so it's really a cheater cleaning up the mess of other cheaters.
    His project of course didnt take him far for the reasons I mentioned... As cheated pokemon is also infinite.

However... He is also the key figure in spreading how to cheat through his channels and website. So by far... It is also his fault why it happened in the first place.
    Excellent sample of why cheaters are just stupid lazy people who cant even think of the problems that can arise in the long run...

Last edited:

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • When i do challenged run throughs, i use WT. other than that, i dont bother. WT is cool, but utterly useless after the first couple of months of gaming.

Years
  • I too know what it's like - nothing more aggravating than receiving the same early game junk over Wonder Trade so many times. Sadly, it seems like that's just what people want to do.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I try to be fair and give at least something decent unless I'm just starting the game, no Zigzagoons unless necessary.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Years
  • I know I was a bit unclear before. So...,I'm not saying there should be NO junk Pokémon in WT, because there needs to be some thrill. I'm just wishing there was less because it's annoying to get one every single time. Nor am I saying to put cheated ones or your best legends/shinies. I was thinking things like version exclusive Pokémon, or ones you get later in the game. I use the Pokénav to find Pokémon with exclamation! points and put those in, if I decide not to keep them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    I... don't find it too bad, even now? Maybe I WT at good times, but I tend to get a lot of breed-jects (consequently, I am tired of seeing Ralts, Fletchling, Froakie, Gible and Honedge) and, yeah, a decent amount of Wurmples et al, but they don't bother me that much.

OTOH, I also never run into the people who send off (blatantly) hacked/cheated pokemon (i.e. six IV shiny Rayquaza or smth). I think the time you WT does make a difference, as well as pure luck.

Last edited:

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • That kind of thinking is what messed up WT in the first place. Especially with the ones wondertrading off cheated ones. We do not live in a world full of innocent people, people will take advantage of those who wondertrades more 'better' pokemon with crappy weak ones since they know they will get away with it.

At first wondertrading was used more so for breeders breeding for competitives, mostly with breedjects of 1-4 ivs but as cheating become more well known to crap greedy morons who cant be bothered to spend time, wanting everything in one go, wondertrade have become mostly filled with cheated pokemon or just with crap pokemon.

However with the recent update needed for both the game itself and the 3ds, more players have been putting more crap ones since they cannot cheat anymore, this is the main reason why there are more crap ones this days. Seeing you have completed the PokeDex and fond of WT I'm pretty sure you cheated/have cheated pokemon and most likely took advantage of other people by placing crap pokemons for wondertrade so I don't see much reason why complain.

Taking on the challenge of releasing all crap pokemons taken from wondertrade is meaningless.
    Pokemons like Zigzagoons, Poochyena, Wurmple, Fletchling, etc. are infinite in the wild.
    Even if you have 5000 players going for the same clean up project, it will never beat the other million(s) players, especially to take account that people within your group will not be all so devoted and will likely only spend about 20 mins worth of WT before they get bored and do something else.

Cheaters seem to think wondertrading cheated poks helps people, but they mostly fail to see the reason why mythicals/legendaries ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIMITED while also making problems in the long run. I am not strongly against cheated *not gonna runaway on a trainer with a full shiny team, etc.*, but I do not appreciate them.

You are right, lots of cheated mons in Wondertrade.
    But there are some legitimate Shinies and Legendaries in the mix.
    I only say that cause I throw them in occasionally (when I'm in a good mood and feeling generous)
    I finished my dex with a lot of pain staking effort. (been carrying most of it through for generations, god damn hate the stupid gen 4 ---> 5 minigame)
    And as an avid breeder, I often donate my 4-5IV pokes that are spares cause the IV theyre missing isnt the one I wanted to be missing.
    I keep most my shinies, but if I get 2 of one, or im just feeling good, ill send it on its way to someone who may use it.
    And due to using pokebank, and multiple times playing the games, Ill occasionally pass along a legend just cause I can.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Years
  • The only Legend I ever put in WT was a Zekrom. It was because it had a weird nickname and no one would take it. A few days later I got a Shiny Zekrom in Wonder Trade.

You are right, lots of cheated mons in Wondertrade.
    But there are some legitimate Shinies and Legendaries in the mix.
    I only say that cause I throw them in occasionally (when I'm in a good mood and feeling generous)
    I finished my dex with a lot of pain staking effort. (been carrying most of it through for generations, god damn hate the stupid gen 4 ---> 5 minigame)
    And as an avid breeder, I often donate my 4-5IV pokes that are spares cause the IV theyre missing isnt the one I wanted to be missing.
    I keep most my shinies, but if I get 2 of one, or im just feeling good, ill send it on its way to someone who may use it.
    And due to using pokebank, and multiple times playing the games, Ill occasionally pass along a legend just cause I can.

What I say is from general info.
    It would take years to write possibilities for the minority.
    But the majority will probably change as there will be less that will/can cheat since they won't be able to go online unless they update their game.
    However kudos to you. For trying to make a difference.
    But only a small minority against the majority will really not make much difference therefore I congratulate Nintendo in releasing a game update to stop this cheating methods.
    But the reality is that... Those cheated pokemon will always gonna be in the system now.

Crappy people with no conscience of breaking people's hard work.*GameFreak*

Last edited:
    Back