• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
  • I've bought so many structure decks in the past, I've lost count.

One of the most memorable ones, for me, would be Spellcaster's Judgment, which I'd bought about six to seven years ago (wow, I can't believe it's been this long; time flies so fast). Luckily, I still have it in my basement somewhere, I believe. I've been able to pull a good number of wins with this one; generally, I found it to be quite easy to use. Few of my cards from the deck are Breaker the Magical Warrior, Royal Magical Library, and, of course, Dark Eradicator Warlock (primarily due to its rarity).

I don't tend to customize structure decks; I always wind up leaving them as they are. We could always improve them by making changes here and there, but when we do, the decks seem to lose their original touch, in a way (at least in my eyes).

I also have the Spellcaster's Judgement structure deck. It was the second structure deck I bought. The other three structure decks I have bought are Zombie Madness, Invincible Fortress, and one I can't remember the name of. Of the cards in the structure deck that I can't remember the name of, one of the cards is Splendid Venus.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • All this talk about structure decks is making me crave for a club tournament, for some odd reason. {XD}

In fact, Flushed and I dueled for the first time yesterday, and it was REALLY exciting. =D However, I'd imagine that we would need at LEAST four participants to even do a round-robin, much less a traditional bracket-styled tournament. Out of curiosity, if we were to hold a club tournament (via YGOPro), would anyone be willing to join in? If not, it's fine haha.

I don't tend to customize structure decks; I always wind up leaving them as they are. We could always improve them by making changes here and there, but when we do, the decks seem to lose their original touch, in a way (at least in my eyes).

Ah, I understand completely. However, there are times when we really don't have choice, due to certain cards being banned. A good example of a banned card would be Heavy Storm, which happens to be included in Spellcaster's Judgment. Luckily, Heavy Storm has a somewhat decent chance of coming off the banlist, so that's always good. ^^

Yep =D I never actually knew it was named "fiend".

Haha, the name "Fiend" kind of confuses me because we already have a Fiend-Type, as well as an archetype named "Archfiend." xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I never got Spellcasters Judgement. I got the first Water one with Neo-Daedalus, then didn't buy another until the Lightsworn and Pendulum ones (although I think the latter is technically a starter deck?). I'm pretty excited about the Hero Strike one though coming out at the end of the month, mainly hoping TCG gets Mask Change Second.

All this talk about structure decks is making me crave for a club tournament, for some odd reason.
    yes plz

Luckily, Heavy Storm has a somewhat decent chance of coming off the banlist
    How do you come to this conclusion lol?

Meadow

Years
  • I never got Spellcasters Judgement. I got the first Water one with Neo-Daedalus, then didn't buy another until the Lightsworn and Pendulum ones (although I think the latter is technically a starter deck?). I'm pretty excited about the Hero Strike one though coming out at the end of the month, mainly hoping TCG gets Mask Change Second

Haha, I remember getting the Neo-Daedalus structure deck. Unfortunately, my copy of Neo-Daedalus came with one HUGE defect... like, the entire summoning restriction was missing from the card, so I thought I could summon it by normal means (I was such a kid back then LOL). {XD}

How do you come to this conclusion lol?

Don't take my word for it, haha. What Konami wants to do with the banlist is entirely up to them (okay, more like their profit), but I just happened to notice that backrow doesn't serve the same function that it used to anymore. If I recall correctly, Heavy Storm was banned more than once, mostly due to the fact that backrow used to be very protection-oriented. However, today's backrow mostly consists of floodgates, floaters, aggressive traps, Artifacts, effect-negators, and anything else you can think of. Back then, if you lost your protection against the likes of Heavy Storm, your chances of winning would go down the drain (unless you were dominating). Nowadays if your backrow gets Heavy Stormed, it wouldn't exactly be the end of the world... but I don't know, I haven't been in the competitive scene for too long. xD I think I might be missing something really important, lol. (Or I could be looking at it from the wrong direction. =P)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Haha, I remember getting the Neo-Daedalus structure deck. Unfortunately, my copy of Neo-Daedalus came with one HUGE defect... like, the entire summoning restriction was missing from the card, so I thought I could summon it by normal means (I was such a kid back then LOL). {XD}
    I remember hearing about this, I think it got an errata because a lot of people were getting confused. Pretty sure I have the original version too.

I think I might be missing something really important, lol.
    Pendulums? I'm thinking Konami wants to push pendulums (well obviously), but Heavy just pretty much craps on everything, although it's not as fast as Fairy Wind. Still, it'd be pretty handy to have, and I hope you're right. We got a long way to go on this banlist though (tcg at least).

Meadow

Years
  • Pendulums? I'm thinking Konami wants to push pendulums (well obviously), but Heavy just pretty much craps on everything, although it's not as fast as Fairy Wind. Still, it'd be pretty handy to have, and I hope you're right. We got a long way to go on this banlist though (tcg at least).

True, but Konami could just make more floater Pendulums which float even when they're destroyed as spells. xD Now of course I'm not hoping for this, but hey, possibilities are possibilities. =P

To be perfectly honest, despite any/all flaws in the TCG's banlist, I'm incredibly... no, INFINITELY grateful that we don't have the same banlist as the OCG... O___O
    (The OCG's metagame is one giant Charlie Foxtrot. xD)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah honestly surprised at how different OCG's list is from TCG (I mean I shouldn't be, but I am), but there are quite a few differences that are of note (looking at you Cyber Stein). All the Shaddolls that are on the OCG list surprise me too.

Meadow

Years
  • Yeah honestly surprised at how different OCG's list is from TCG (I mean I shouldn't be, but I am), but there are quite a few differences that are of note (looking at you Cyber Stein). All the Shaddolls that are on the OCG list surprise me too.

Yep, and the fact that they have 3 Compulses, 3 EEVs, 2 Bottomlesses, as well as that entire influx of unbanned cards, I would be crying for mercy if I played in the OCG's format. T_T

Anyways, it looks as if Necloths are attempting to start their own apocalypse in a last ditch effort to thwart the Pendulums (and everything else, for that matter):

Spoiler:

Also, the next set has already been announced... apparently, it's gonna be called Clash of Rebellion. Interesting.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah I'm barely able to familiarize myself with each TCG format, playing OCG would be a disaster.

Sophia looks pretty interesting. I read the effect the other day and thought it was pretty underwhelming though (well in terms of cost of bringing it out). Must've missed the first effect though, doubling as a hand trap is pretty useful.

And why do they announce these new sets without even a cover card haha

Meadow

Years
  • Sophia looks pretty interesting. I read the effect the other day and thought it was pretty underwhelming though (well in terms of cost of bringing it out). Must've missed the first effect though, doubling as a hand trap is pretty useful.

If that were chained to a non-Contact Fusion (i.e. Shaddoll Fusion), would the Fusion materials still be sent to the grave? I'm guessing that the spell would fizzle with the materials remaining untouched, but I haven't looked too far into Fusions. =/

And why do they announce these new sets without even a cover card haha

Because spoilers. xD If I had known that Silent Honors Dark Knight looked just like Black Ray Lancer, I would've immediately... oops, spoilers LOL.
    But yeah, in that case they should just pick a monster from one of the CG exclusive archetypes as the cover card, haha. Oh, wait... they're gonna have a harder time advertising the show. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If that were chained to a non-Contact Fusion (i.e. Shaddoll Fusion), would the Fusion materials still be sent to the grave? I'm guessing that the spell would fizzle with the materials remaining untouched, but I haven't looked too far into Fusions. =/
    I assume it's a Quick-Effect then? So any time in the Main Phase? And I guess it'd be the same as like chaining Vanity's, the materials should not be sent to the grave.

Because spoilers. xD If I had known that Silent Honors Dark Knight looked just like Black Ray Lancer, I would've immediately... oops, spoilers LOL.
    But yeah, in that case they should just pick a monster from one of the CG exclusive archetypes as the cover card, haha. Oh, wait... they're gonna have a harder time advertising the show. xD

I have no clue what you're referring to, so don't worry about spoiling it haha

Meadow

Years
  • I assume it's a Quick-Effect then? So any time in the Main Phase? And I guess it'd be the same as like chaining Vanity's, the materials should not be sent to the grave.

Ah, okay. Speaking of Vanity's, what if you chained Vanity's Emptiness to Gorz? I know you can't do it during the damage step, but Gorz can also special summon itself during the Main Phase via effect damage. Can a card like Gorz really fizzle? And if so, does it stay in the hand?

I have no clue what you're referring to, so don't worry about spoiling it haha

I forgot to mention that I was referring to Legacy of the Valiant, which went for a pretty long time without a cover card, haha.

And lol, if I had finished my sentence, I would've potentially spoiled a pretty big plot twist to anyone reading this thread who happens to be in the middle of watching Zexal. (Though I doubt there would be such a person at the moment. xD)

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Username: Zehn
    Favourite card: Clear vice dragon / clear world

Meadow

Years
  • Username: Zehn
    Favourite card: Clear vice dragon / clear world

Welcome to the club!

Ah, I remember Clear Vice Dragon from the end of GX... That card was powerful enough to make a wreck out of a certain someone, haha. {XD}
    Judging from your favorite cards, is GX by any chance your favorite series?

Zehn

Years
  • Welcome to the club!

Ah, I remember Clear Vice Dragon from the end of GX... That card was powerful enough to make a wreck out of a certain someone, haha. {XD}
    Judging from your favorite cards, is GX by any chance your favorite series?

Actually no, I just was awed at the lost season of Gx
    My favourite was the original, but not season 1
    Or maybe 5DS that's was good too

What deck are people using? I'm took a break from yu gi oh so i am using an infernity deck that just has 42 cards

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • Actually no, I just was awed at the lost season of Gx
    My favourite was the original, but not season 1
    Or maybe 5DS that's was good too

Ah, that clears things up, haha.

I can't help but love all of the series, but I deeply appreciate that you gave 5D's a chance rather than prejudging it.

Zehn

Years
  • Ah, that clears things up, haha.

I can't help but love all of the series, but I deeply appreciate that you gave 5D's a chance rather than prejudging it.
    I do love all series except the new one
    Do you care about the TCG?

Meadow

Years
  • I do love all series except the new one
    Do you care about the TCG?

Yes... a LOT. ^^ In fact, we were maybe thinking of holding a club tournament (via YGOpro), but we would need at least four participants to even make it remotely worthwhile. Would you care to join in if it became a reality?

What deck are people using? I'm took a break from yu gi oh so i am using an infernity deck that just has 42 cards

Ah, gotta love Infernities. I heard that they're really powerful, but I've never had the chance to play against them before. (Mostly because the recent metagame is dictated by other archetypes.)

As for me, I'm currently running Blackwings and Karakuris, but I'm trying to give Scraps a chance.

Zehn

Years
  • Yes... a LOT. ^^ In fact, we were maybe thinking of holding a club tournament (via YGOpro), but we would need at least four participants to even make it remotely worthwhile. Would you care to join in if it became a reality?

Ah, gotta love Infernities. I heard that they're really powerful, but I've never had the chance to play against them before. (Mostly because the recent metagame is dictated by other archetypes.)

As for me, I'm currently running Blackwings and Karakuris, but I'm trying to give Scraps a chance.

Sure il join in, infernites are great, never had a chance to use them yet against someone with a proper deck. I have a blackwing card, gram the shining star. I don't really need it.

Back