• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah I have a ton of commons and stuff too that I look through like every couple months, because something old and obscure always becomes relevant haha

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Hey, it's been a while! Has anyone been keeping track of YGO news lately?

I stopped playing for a bit since I was busy over the past month, but I should start dueling again sometime soon. :D

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • As far as I know, there hasn't been any news ;-;
    Also same here, I've started school again and omg I don't have any time to play.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Well yeah, I'm on Reddit/YgoOrg too.

Clash of Reblions Special Edition with either Ultimaya Tzolkin or Frightfur Tiger, sadly also exclusive to the US (Good thing thats where I live :D) Sorry EU/AU. They get a Dimensions of Chaos Special Edition. They both get some Breakers of Shadows promos.

Finally got around to organizing our box of Yugioh cards, found some notecard dividers, cut them down, bought a label maker. Well still not done, the dividers are too tall, still havent made the labels, and need more dividers and organize the traps and spells.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    lol start of school is when I actually start playing

I'm really looking forward to the Mega-tins, IS IT FINALLY TIME TO PLAY META?

Meadow

Years
  • I oddly have more time to play when it's not summer, aha. I'm probably rusty though, so I should definitely practice a little and update my decks when I get the chance.

By the way, Noden finally got hit in the OCG. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    They had Super-Poly though, and if stealing potentially two of your opponent's monsters and plusing off of them by going into Noden isn't salt-inducing, then I don't know what is lol

They got a lot of weird crap going on though. I want to see how 3 TGU is gonna do with their newly acquired Burning Abyss.

countryemo

Years
  • I don't know why, I just never liked playing any of the meta decks. And TGU is so going to get hit to 2 at-least next banlist in the OCG. Hopefully KoA does follow the hit Noden not Instant fusion though I doubt it.

Meadow

Years
  • With or without Noden, I'm just really glad that we don't have Super Poly (at the moment) here in the TCG. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Super poly was really annoying with Shaddolls, thought admittedly I'd prob side it against Dolls and play whatever Doll fusion I could in my Extra Deck.

And I don't like meta either, but Raccoons are getting stomped out there I'm even losing my best matchup which is Nekroz. If you can't beat them, join them haha, I wanna see if I can pick up Tellars for cheap after the Mega Tins come out

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I dunno, I'm not really interested in the Meta either.

I feed off of the meta, though, since it helps with deck-building, but I don't think I'd ever play the meta. It's too fixed for me and not really personal enough- which isn't a Yu-Gi-Oh problem but really is the case for most things that have a meta.

'S why it's good to have people you know who play. Back when I lived at college I had a few roommates who played semi-casually, so it made for good competition. We'd mostly build off of each other, give tips and play fun (tournament legal) decks and get better as we went along, which was fun.

The meta does have a certain appeal, though, but I think if you decide to play the meta it kind of undermines the whole "collectible" portion of the game. Well, assuming you don't collect for the sake of it.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Ah yes, I saw that this morning
    I definitely thing the game will be cheaper now, but I'm sad with the removal of ghost rare.

Meadow

Years
  • I'll miss Ghost Rares too, but I'm definitely cool with the change. Then again, this is a budget player speaking, so... xD

countryemo

Years
  • #budget4lyfe. Seriously though I won't spend more then $50 on a deck, I don't care if its crippled.

Picked up 2 Mega Tins, well one for me, one for my brother. Can post pulls if interested. Need to buy 2 more for the Odd-eyes :P

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2020
    Username (psn etc, whatever) RebornDarkDemon

Favourite card: Grapha

I watched season one when it was aired in Holland a few years back. And i also remember reading the old manga's three years ago. I also used to play with some friends. Never spended money on starting since i was given a dinosaur deck. Eventually i bought a few boosters. And traded my way up to a dark world deck.

Nowadays my deck is locked in a drawer, but i still play yu-gi-oh on my ps4. Add me if you want a duel, just don't be afraid of the dark :p

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome to the club! I have a friend who plays Dark Worlds, and Grapha is certainly a pain haha.

#budget4lyfe. Seriously though I won't spend more then $50 on a deck, I don't care if its crippled.

Picked up 2 Mega Tins, well one for me, one for my brother. Can post pulls if interested. Need to buy 2 more for the Odd-eyes :P
    can you beat my one pull??

Spoiler:

And it was sad, all the stores are out of the Odd-Eyes tin. Can't say I'm surprised but whatever

Meadow

Years
  • I can't remember the last time I pulled a rare card, because, well... I usually buy singles. XD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The single life is hard though, why spend $25 on Shaddoll Fusions when you can spend like $100 on mega tins trying to pull them haha

I learned my lesson though and spent a decent chunk of change completing Shaddolls. Luckily I had like half of it to begin with. Komoney better not pull some fast list on us that screws up the market and the meta though

Meadow

Years
  • The single life is hard though, why spend $25 on Shaddoll Fusions when you can spend like $100 on mega tins trying to pull them haha

I learned my lesson though and spent a decent chunk of change completing Shaddolls. Luckily I had like half of it to begin with. Komoney better not pull some fast list on us that screws up the market and the meta though

Mostly because casual decks are waayyy cheaper in singles, haha. (Well, I technically buy them in triples, but I call them singles because they don't come with the rest of the set. xD)

Also, since message notifications are broken right now, just quote me in this thread whenever you want to duel! :D

EDIT:

LMAO that's literally my favorite nickname for Konami. xD

Back