• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    kk no prob it looks cool just wanna make it a bit better :)

i tried it and failed so no worries :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The reposes, Rotomizations, and retypes are pretty good, the fakemon are not the best, but not the worst either.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Here's a tip, to make them more real, you;
    1. Study how real Pokemon look like
    2. Since the light is coming from the top-left, make the outline on the bottom-right black
    3. Try to add elements to animals, practically what Pokemon's about. [ex. fire + turtle = Flarappin (Terrapin + Flare)] That way, your Pokemon will look better, and not like a bunch of random things.

Hope this helps.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    please get the basics right first the a tutorial and pritty much every pokemon has 2 colors yours only seem to have on there not that good but anyway good look

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Major Update!
    Fakemon
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Groplon
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Wormistone
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Evolution of Ribboron
    Fusions
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Nidorina + Dugtrio

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Another Major Update:

New Section Added:
    Tiles:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

these are ripped by me from the screenshots that are in HG/SS Image overhaul!

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    07harris Pixel Art Showcase

Hello I am 07harris, and yes... I am a terrible spriter, I am trying to get better so I made some new sprites.

Please can you guys rate them? Then tell me which is the best as i go along, I will hopefully add one per a day.

Please note: If anyone wants to use my pixel art, please feel free to do so but I need credit :D
    Fakemon
    Spoiler:

Concept Art
    Spoiler:

Other
    Spoiler:

Please rate I will add more :D
    -07harris

The fakemon's are a bit to rough.. You need to make them more "Smooth", and a bit more real.. The others on the other hands are very good, I love the re-colouring you did on the rotomizations, the retypes look good, but you need to work a bit on your fusions... There are three fusions that look okay there, but there are some that could be improved.. :)

These are the best fusion's:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

These are the best recolouring's:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

The Ow's look okay... :)

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    The fakemon's are a bit to rough.. You need to make them more "Smooth", and a bit more real.. The others on the other hands are very good, I love the re-colouring you did on the rotomizations, the retypes look good, but you need to work a bit on your fusions... There are three fusions that look okay there, but there are some that could be improved.. :)

These are the best fusion's:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

These are the best recolouring's:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

The Ow's look okay... :)

Ok - are the latest fakemon any improvement?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There's an improvement, but there's still not that feeling, if you know what I mean. You have to think about the body parts that are shown at the front.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    I loooove to crit~

On your fakemon, you could do with some anatomy work overall. Your shading isn't bad, but it's not good either. could do with more outline shading and general practice. They're not that bad, it's just that they look a bit misshapen, and plain. The general thing is practice.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    defently improving well done 07harris you will be a master in know time:)

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    thank you - i am gonna try and do a trainer now - (i want to achieve all aspects of the spriting way!)

UPDATE:
    I know that i said i was gonna do a trainer but a freind came over and said he wants to see if I had the capabilities of spriting!
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

so i made a fakemon instead!
    Name: Torchenuis
    Type: Ghost/Fire

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Torchenuis is a definite improvement over your other fakemon. Still, it doesn't quite look right anatomically.
    As far as shading goes, this is better than before, but could be better still. Have you ever heard of checkerboarding? It's a technique used to help colors blend more smoothly into each other. Check it out in the stickied tutorial.
    Overall, a very nice concept. The execution just needs a little bit more practice. 7/10

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

I have an update
    my first trainer - i hate the shaping though :(

The shading isn't bad, but like you said it's the shaping...
    Your shading is definitely better than before. The only thing to complain about is the bottom and right side of his shirt. The darker shading wouldn't go across in such a straight line, it would have a gentle curve up as it gets toward the edge of his shirt.

Back