• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Years
    I give 07harris these ratings for his art in here

Fakemon 9/10
    9/10 because they are great but their shape isn't all that great.

Trainers 1/2
    It's not that good

tiles 10/10
    Not many tiles but otherwise I like them.

Rotomized 10/10
    I see nothing wrong their

Fusions 10/10
    Well they are only fusions but their great!

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years

Fakemon 9/10
    Ok I will be sure to work more on the shape too

Trainers 1/2
    It's not that good
    I know - I am a failure at Trainers I think

tiles 10/10
    Thanks - more are on the way....

Rotomized 10/10
    Thanks Will add more :)

Fusions 10/10
    ___
    You didnt rate my 0W's for some reason :(
    but atleast i got some C&C! :D
    I have a new OW though...
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

please rate people

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years

Fakemon 9/10
    Ok I will be sure to work more on the shape too

Trainers 1/2
    It's not that good
    I know - I am a failure at Trainers I think

tiles 10/10
    Thanks - more are on the way....

Rotomized 10/10
    Thanks Will add more :)

Fusions 10/10
    ___
    You didnt rate my 0W's for some reason :(
    but atleast i got some C&C! :D
    I have a new OW though...
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

please rate people
    Can't wait for more :P
    also why do you need me to edit the o/w's looks like your doing great yoursrlf

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Can't wait for more :P
    also why do you need me to edit the o/w's looks like your doing great yoursrlf

Thanks, And i need your help with my hack, cause you are still better than me!
    And I just cant manage to fix the side frames!

Anyway new tiles:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

OW sprites:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Harry Potter
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Ron Weasley
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Yoda

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Comments

Thanks, And i need your help with my hack, cause you are still better than me!
    And I just cant manage to fix the side frames!

Anyway new tiles:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

OW sprites:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Harry Potter
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Ron Weasley
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Yoda

The tiles looks great...I want to see different kind if tiles like maybe....house...

For the o/w,all of them look great..i like the hairs but what bothering me is the lower part of the body[legs].It looks weird..XD

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    The tiles looks great...I want to see different kind if tiles like maybe....house...

For the o/w,all of them look great..i like the hairs but what bothering me is the lower part of the body[legs].It looks weird..XD

Ok I will work on them in my next sprites

lol nice harry in pokemon style
    Lol yeah - stick around I am making more!
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

snape
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

random mowhawk dude
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

dumbledore (easily my worst OW)

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Ok - as I say I will work on it! - Thanks for the advice :)
    Please comment on my OW's as those are what are what i am working on at the moment!

Years
    They need some work. The shading is wrong, it doesn't fit with R/S style very well. Way too much black, not near enough shading in the linework. I'm not a big fan of R/S Overworlds to begin with, but these aren't very good ones.

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    The need some work. The shading is wrong, it doesn't fit with R/S style very well. Way too much black, not near enough shading in the linework. I'm not a big fan of R/S Overworlds to begin with, but these aren't very good ones.
    I was making them FR/LG stlye though!
    And besides I am still learning!
    But I will try to shade more none-the-less!

UPDATE:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

New Fakemon

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    You asked for my advice, so I may as well throw in my two cents... While I don't think you need "serious help" as you claim, you do need to rethink how you make your sprites. First of all, you should try to smooth out your outlines before moving on to coloring your sprites, or doing anything else. I normally avoid doing stuff like this, as it seems a bit offensive to me, but I've modified one of your sprites to help get my point across.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

The most important part of smoothing out your outline is making sure that it's only one pixel thick in most areas. See how much of a difference it makes? It's also important to round things out; right angles look neither organic nor ethereal.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Next, you need to work on shading. One common vein running through all of your sprites is how flat they look. The easiest way to give depth to sprites like these is to shade them in a way that implies a shape extending beyond what you're able to see; that's why the image above looks like a red circle and a shiny ball, rather than two red circles. The shading on your sprites seems kind of... random. You should color the outlines based on the shading on the sprite itself. Here's the same sprite, with the lines cleaned up a bit more and some basic shading added. I'm not exactly sure how an angelic bed sheet monster is supposed to be shaded, but I've included a few Pokemon with similar structures to serve as an example.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

When I'm not sure how something should be shaded, I always look to existing Pokemon sprites; in the case of your turtle-esque fakemon, I would look to Bayleef, Grotle, Torkoal, and Bastiodon. Just try to find shapes similar to the ones you've drawn.

The last problem area is your palette selection... I always stick to palettes taken from existing Pokemon, as it will have more natural-looking results. The palette I've placed next to your angel sheet in the image above is taken from the R/S/E Togetic; I recommend shading it for practice, using that palette. Once you've reached the point that you need the colors for the hair and halo, try the palettes of Pokemon with long brown fur (Raticate, Eevee) and hard yellow parts (Sandshrew, Starmie) for the best results.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    You asked for my advice, so I may as well throw in my two cents... While I don't think you need "serious help" as you claim, you do need to rethink how you make your sprites. First of all, you should try to smooth out your outlines before moving on to coloring your sprites, or doing anything else. I normally avoid doing stuff like this, as it seems a bit offensive to me, but I've modified one of your sprites to help get my point across.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

The most important part of smoothing out your outline is making sure that it's only one pixel thick in most areas. See how much of a difference it makes? It's also important to round things out; right angles look neither organic nor ethereal.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Next, you need to work on shading. One common vein running through all of your sprites is how flat they look. The easiest way to give depth to sprites like these is to shade them in a way that implies a shape extending beyond what you're able to see; that's why the image above looks like a red circle and a shiny ball, rather than two red circles. The shading on your sprites seems kind of... random. You should color the outlines based on the shading on the sprite itself. Here's the same sprite, with the lines cleaned up a bit more and some basic shading added. I'm not exactly sure how an angelic bed sheet monster is supposed to be shaded, but I've included a few Pokemon with similar structures to serve as an example.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

When I'm not sure how something should be shaded, I always look to existing Pokemon sprites; in the case of your turtle-esque fakemon, I would look to Bayleef, Grotle, Torkoal, and Bastiodon. Just try to find shapes similar to the ones you've drawn.

The last problem area is your palette selection... I always stick to palettes taken from existing Pokemon, as it will have more natural-looking results. The palette I've placed next to your angel sheet in the image above is taken from the R/S/E Togetic; I recommend shading it for practice, using that palette. Once you've reached the point that you need the colors for the hair and halo, try the palettes of Pokemon with long brown fur (Raticate, Eevee) and hard yellow parts (Sandshrew, Starmie) for the best results.

Thanks for the feedback man!
    It is a lot more... constructyive than most of the others I have had!
    I never though about looking at other pokemon for textures or pallettes - thanks for recommending I will definetely take your advice!

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Well i have deiced to make a rating on your current rating on your pixels are 10/10 :)

Years
    • Seen today
    These are really great, I mean look at the new ones! You have really improved! Anyway, Chesu is really helpful, he's the one who actually taught me how to sprite. And your old Pokemon need some work, one looks like a smiling candy.

Back