• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

College

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
  • Is there a major difference between the two? I'd love to visit both countries.
    Not many gramatically speaking, but there're many words completely different that mean the same thing, the accent is quite different, too.

Misaka Shiori

Irresistibly Cute
    Years
  • I'm in college right now and on the second year as an Accounting Major attending Rutgers University Newark. I originally attended NJIT for one year and afterwards transferred in since I couldn't get in since my high school GPA and also the ACT/SAT scores (those tests are pain in the butt), but I got my GPA up in the first year of college so I can finally transfer. All my credits transferred over, but I still have alot more courses to take. At the rate I'm going, it will probably take 2-3 years until I finish my bachelors degree and afterwards I will go for my masters, which will take another 2 years.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I started University last month. Majoring in Journalism and Broadcasting. It's so different to high school. Much more laid back, but just getting around to assignments = effort. :( Though not much is hard.. yet. Though since the courses don't increase in difficulty, then I'm assuming it won't get any harder. XD

Film and Cinema studies is just boring as hell though and makes me wanna fall asleep.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I've been in college for way too long (this is my 8th year). My focus has been on Math, though I'm now regretting I didn't go down another path. Student Affairs got my interest, but it was too late to switch programs by then :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'd love to pursue the arts, really, but if I'm spending all this money on a degree its gotta be something where I can make some money when I'm done. Money isn't everything but bills gotsta get paid, yo.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • College and indeed University has always been a great attraction to me, that is why I plan on going to both. As for courses, I haven't fully made my mind up yet but I was thinking something along the lines of Business Studies, Marketing and IT as those are what I'm most interested in currently.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I'm currently taking my second semester at University. I'm majoring in English with a double-minor in History and Japanese. I've been looking into the Teaching Credential Program, and I've incorporated all the classes I need into a schedule that spans about 5-6 years. I would like to finish as soon as possible, but with the budget cuts and the cutting of classes and such, it doesn't look like I'll finish as soon as I want to if things don't change later on (which I hope they will). Though I can't complain since I get priority registration for being in the University Honors Program. I've been lucky that I've gotten into all the classes I wanted to so far.

I've noticed a lot of people aren't sure what they want to major in yet. And if you're reading this on a whim, you don't need to decide right away. You can always go in Undeclared. As a matter of fact, colleges suggest that freshmen go in Undeclared because so many of them change majors and then they have a bunch of classes they took for no reason. It's a waste of time and money, so don't pressure yourself into declaring a major right away. Do it when you're good and ready.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I'm a Senior in High School. Got accepted into a little community college down the road from me, main reason I'm going for my first 2 years is because it's completely free (full scholarship), then I'll transfer...probably to the University of Georgia.

As for what I'll be majoring in...probably Biology. But who knows, right? :)

Years
  • I'm in my first year right now doing my bachelor of fine arts, would love to be a concept artist one day. I generally like my courses, but not the general ones first years have to take, like math...

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • I'm surprised at how so many people in this forum is taking/is going to take arts.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • I'm currently in my second year of my "Master of Physics" course. If you think master of physics is a cool title then you should speak to the people doing Earth Sciences as then you are a "Master of Earth". I couldn't love it more. Very challenging, very thought-provoking.

Back