• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Got the first 4 badges as usual. It wasn't too hard and Pidgeot is a nice Pokémon to solo with.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
18.png

Eyan the Timid Pidgeot (M) @ Lv.47
Ability: Keen Eye
Wing Attack
Sand-Attack
Gust
Quick Attack

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey everyone just thought I'd say I'm adding Pokemon Y to my Venusaur challenge, as well as my Jynx challenge. I haven't updated my challenge in a while cause I'm busy with school, work, and in my free time Pokemon X but I'll try and update soon :)

The first post has been updated of course.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Pokemon gold update #1
Spoiler:

Update two will probably be up tomorrow or maybe sooner

Years
Yellow completed!

Brock: Fighting has an advantage.
Misty: No advantage, but Hitmonlee has OP attack
Surge: Just like Misty
Erika: Actually interesting since I got poisoned, but nothing much
Sabrina: Expected it to be hard, but it was one of the easiest ones
Koga: Poison suuuucks but I managed
Blaine: Easy squeezy
Giovanni: Most of his pokemon were weak to mine

Elite 4

Lorelei: Ice was weak, but the slowking or slowbro or whatever took a bit
Bruno: Fighting and Rock were both really bad against Hitmonlee
Agatha: Seismic Toss can hit ghosts in first gen, so easy battle was easy.
Lance: Dragonite was a bit hard and burnt me, but besides him they were easy
Rival: He's got an odd team in yellow. Alakazam was the only one that hurt me a lot.

Final Pokemon

Hitmonlee, level 86, burnt from Dragonite

Moves:
Hi Jump Kick
Jump Kick
Seismic Toss
Rolling Kick

Sorry for double-posting, buttttt

CRYSTAL COMPLETE!

Level 13 Hitmonlee beasted through Falkner
Bug poisoning me sucked, but powered through it
Lolnormaltypes
Had to teach my baby Mud-slap, but he beat the ghosts with it
Fighting vs Fighting was easy since I was overleveled
Type advantage over steel
Powered through ice
Dragon was surprisingly easy

Elite 4:
Psychic I used strength on and they went down easy.
Poison I used jump kick on the regular, and strength on the bug/poisons
Bruno was another fighting/rock person, so it was pretty easy
Dark types were interesting, but I managed it.
Lance's biggest threat was the dragonites, but I was able to beat them with hi jump kick.

Refer to my yellow playthrough for these gyms, except for Blue.

8th gym I almost died with Alakazam, but other than that I won easily.

RED:

Red was a challenge only because of the starters. Charizard almost got me, but I had hyper potions Then Venasaur almost got me, but I had hyper potions. It got down to Hitmonlee and Blastoise, and I had 9 hp at the end of the battle. Biggest risk of the whole run was using Hi Jump Kick with 9 hp left, but I managed to make contact and take it down. Victory over red, and over the game.

Next will be Platinum some later time this week.

Cam the Hitmonlee at the end

Level: 79

Hi Jump Kick
Mud-Slap
Strength
Jump Kick

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Username: Byrdy7
Pokemon: Gengar
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed, SoulSilver, Saphire, Diamond, White and Y

Can I hack the game so Gengar evolves at a certain level?

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Pokemon gold update #2 FINALE
Spoiler:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Pokemon Y Delphox Update #1
I can't include much detail, I've been playing without keeping track, but I just beat the 3rd gym.
Here's a pic.

Spoiler:

I'll update again once I get 6 badges. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Alright, Crystal Update #1:
After doing all the boring beginning stuff, I got my Aero back, ready to own another region, and I gotta say, this run will probably be so much easier than Kan to, but here we go...
Vs Falkner: Pretty easy, Pidgey was OHKOed and Pidgeotto THKOed although the best Pidgeotto could do was use a very weak Gust.
Vs Bugsy: All OHKOed by Wing Attack, very easy compared to the Kanto Elite 4, and I really mean it. XD
That is all, but at least I made progress.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Another update:
Vs Rival #2: Pretty easy, although Croconaw was a THKO rather than a OHKO like the others, so I had to watch out for water gun.
Vs Whitney: Clefairy was a OHKO, but Miltank was a 3HKO, but didn't do much.
Vs Rival #3: Magnemite was a pain to take down and thunder shock did more damage then I would've liked and like last battle Croconaw was a THKO, but went smoothly otherwise.
Vs Morty:No damage taken whatsoever. Badge won.
Currently Aero is level 29 with:
Wing Attack
AncientPower
Bite
Supersonic
And that is it... for now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2023
Username: WolfsbaneCharm52
Pokemon of Choice: Sableye
Challenge: Single
Game: Sapphire
-----
Update
Hacked in Sableye, named him June Bug. Forgot to Screen Shot the capture.
So far everything has been really easy, seeing as trainers don't take typing into account, I rarely ever get hit. Struggled with Roxanne, lost to her once, but wasn't too bad. I've never played using the speed button before, and I feel like it makes the game much much easier. I'm also not really exploring much, more just whipping through the game. Can't decide if I like it or not. It obviously has the aspects of instant gratification, but I feel like it takes some of the personality and connection out of the game.
2dkfrld.png
25gct93.png

15xnz2d.png
2h5uszm.png

-----
Update 2
Been cruisin' through as usual. Got tripped up at Wattson once, but was able to take him out on the second try. Team Aqua has been real easy to beat, and Flannery basically took herself out by downing her Torkoal's special attack.
28a1gfq.png
fn64uc.png
ztdtz8.png

i2iut2.png
jk985w.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Wow, I honestly thought that I would never beat the devil known as Jasmine, but I did it by battling random trainers and using rare candies to gain exp and money for Fire Blast. Eventually I got my money and all is well now, cause Fire Blast was a OHKO on everything despite Aerodactyl's less than ideal Special Attack, and Chuck, well, the type matchup should explain it all. Tomorrow I shall make up lost ground, or at least some of it.

Oh, and I should mention: Aero the Aerodactyl is level 44 with:
Wing Attack
Ancient Power
Fire Blast
Fly(yes, I taught him fly but will delete it off with the move deleter)

And, I found out Aero's Hidden Power is Electric, so it is not worth the move slot in my opinion.

Last edited:
Years
I completed Cacturne solo run =) It wasn't that hard at all - the only one of the elite 4 members that was giving me problems was Agatha - yes Agatha with her Arbok and Golbat that were getting crits everywhere and poisoning me pretty much every second turn x.x The rival was easy - and I thought that Lance would be giving me problems but he was actually easy to beat :o As for horsea/Seadra solo run - I am still leveling it up at the moment - I am kinda stuck at misty :(

Final team:

332.gif

Jamie
Lvl 86, serious nature, Ability: Sand Veil
Mega Punch (Really helpful move on any pokemon that has bad moveset)
Pin Missile (Got a lot of crits using it so that's why I left it in the moveset)
Needle Arm (Decided to leave it instead of switching it out for mega drain)
Faint Attack (Useful against Gengars in elite 4 and super useful for cleaning up Lavender Tower)

I am planning on doing two more:
Riolu/Lucario on Diamond and Poochyena/Mightyena while I am still working on Horsea/Seadra ^^

So:
Username: AoTora
Pokemon used: Poochyena/Mightyena (Hoping that this one is a bit more challenging than cacturne was)
Game: FireRed

Pokemon used: Riolu/Lucario
Game: Diamond - my favourite game for ds since I found out how to configure speed up button on DesMume because the game was always awfully slow for me lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
OK, maybe I didn't get as far as I thought, but whatever...
Pryce: OHKOed everything
Clair: Same as Pryce except Kingdra took two hits to kill, and Kingdra's Surf actually almost killed Aero, but Aero survived(somehow) and KOed Kingdra.
And everyone else was shamefully easy, the Elite Four surprisingly especially. The only two Pokemon in the Elite Four that needed to be THKOed were Slowbro and Umbreon, but they didn't damage me back. Slowbro used Curse while Umbreon Sand-Attacked Aero(and Aero never missed an attack lol). I also got three Kanto gym badges(Earthquake is rather helpful ;)). This, like I thought, is easier then Blue.
Aero the Aerodactyl is Level 69 with:
Wing Attack
Ancient Power
Fire Blast
Earthquake
And that is all for now.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Did the 5th through 8th gym and ready for the Elite Four and Champion.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
18.png

Eyan the Timid Pidgeot (M) @Lv.79
Ability: Keen Eye
Wing Attack
Fly
Steel Wing
Return

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
I'm doing another challenge and I realized I don't have enough time to do two ultimate challenges so I'm putting this one on hold in till I finish the other

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Username: Natnew
Pokemon of Choice: Pichu (bring-on the difficulty)
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Pearl

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
I decided to start this challenge, taking Paradin the Nidoking! I plan on using him throughout the regions, but I am starting with Pokemon Red Advanced (a hack of Red; no differences outside of different Pokemon used by trainers). Paradin is now a level 30 Nidorino, and we just beat the rival Jade in Cerulean! Currently working on getting a Mew for an HM slave :)

When I first caught Nidoran:
View attachment 70095

A level 11 Pinsir from a trainer in Viridian Forest!
View attachment 70096

Brock had a level 15 Onix and this level 33 Vulpix; they were tough, but we beat 'em!
View attachment 70097

EDIT:

So . . . I kinda beat the game today, as it only took me a couple of hours (I played at 5x speed). It got to a point where I was clearly over-leveled and thus skipped many areas, so unfortunately none of the future Gym Leaders were too challenging.

However, the Elite Four and Champion did not disappoint! I had trouble with them, mostly due to my severe lack of PP on Paradin. But we remedied that with X Accuracy and X Special to boost Paradin's stats and thus conserve PP. Here is a video if anyone cares to watch my battle against the Elite Four and the Champion (about 9 minutes long):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6DwWhYlpWQ

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I decided to start this challenge, taking Paradin the Nidoking! I plan on using him throughout the regions, but I am starting with Pokemon Red Advanced (a hack of Red; no differences outside of different Pokemon used by trainers). Paradin is now a level 30 Nidorino, and we just beat the rival Jade in Cerulean! Currently working on getting a Mew for an HM slave :)

Sorry but I can't add this to the OP just yet because there are things I need to know first. Like what challenge are you doing, single or ultimate. If an ultimate then what games are you play and such. I have no problem adding you to the OP once you clear this up.

This is why there is a sign-up form in the OP because it makes it easier for me to update when people actually use it.

Here's the sign-up form along with an example on how to use it for those that don't check out the OP before signing up.

Sign-Up Form

Username:
Pokemon of Choice:
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate)
Game(s):

My Sign-Up

Username: James901
Pokemon of Choice: Venusaur
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White 2, Y

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I had to use savestates to avoid being too overleveled on the gym, but whatever. I beat it!
(yea I didn't know what to nickname it)

2rrnbqv.png

also... sweet kiss was really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back