• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
More Solo Dratini action, featuring obnoxious ghosts and being punched in the face!

Spoiler:

Onwards to Badge #6! I predict Jasmine will be really easy thanks to Fire Blast.

Lv 36 Current Moveset:

- Dragon Rush
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Got my 8th and final badge! Now for the Pokemon League!!!

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png
50px-Heat_Badge.png
50px-Balance_Badge.png
50px-Feather_Badge.png
50px-Mind_Badge.png
50px-Rain_Badge.png

126.gif
Spoiler:
003.gif

Belladonna @Miracle Seed
Level 68 | Female | Adamant | Overgrow
Strength | Earthquake | Leech Seed | Razor Leaf​

Dratini TRIED to evolve during the Ecruteak Gym... I should probably get that Everstone at some point.
If you hatch the Togepi egg and show it to Prof. Elm he'll give you one. :)

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Cleared the Elite Four with relative ease too.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
6.png

Jason the Charizard (M) @ Lv.64
Item: Charcoal
Slash
Flamethrower
Dragon Rage
Wing Attack

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
Big Solo Dratini update, got the rest of the badges in Johto! Onwards to the E4.

Spoiler:

147.png

Seraph, Dratini ♂ Lv 51
amuletcoin.png
Amulet Coin
>Dragon Rush
>Waterfall
>Outrage
>Dragon Dance

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Emerald complete for my Ultimate Venusaur Solo!

I've put my update in spoilers to keep this post from crowding the page. :P
Spoiler:

Important info for the release of Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Okay everyone, since Pokemon X & Pokemon Y are less than 2 weeks from release I feel there are some things I should address.

First off, with the release of a new generation the requirements for an Ultimate Challenge will be changing, you will now need to complete all six generations instead of only five. If you have completed an Ultimate Challenge before X & Y you will still be given Ultimate Champion status, but you will be in a seperate section called "Generation 5 Ultimate Champions" where the current champions will be moved as well. You will be able to change your challenge to a Generation 6 Ultimate at anytime and must complete a 6th Generation game in order to gain full champion status. Also I won't cut off Generation 5 right away. I will give everyone until the end of the year, so December 31, 2013 if you would like to be a Generation 5 Ultimate Champion. However when the new year starts, any Ultimate Challenge will require a 6th Generation game in order to qualify.

Next up, 4th Generation Pokemon. Before X & Y 4th Generation Pokemon were unable to be use for an ultimate without hacking to get them in the 1st and 2nd Generation games, but now that the 6th Generation is being released I think it's about time to change that. All Generation 4 Pokemon, from Turtwig to Arceus, can now be used for an Ultimate Challenge! The games you would have to play though will be:

Johto, in either HeartGold or SoulSilver.
Sinnoh, in either Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.
Unova, in either Black, White, Black 2, or White 2.
Kalos, in either X or Y.

Also if we do get Hoenn remakes, like most people are hoping for, then they will also be required for an Ultimate Challenge with a 4th Generation Pokemon.

Now with the introduction of a new generation things may seem confusion for everyone, including myself, but feel free to ask questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. As for when the challenge should end in X and Y, for now I will say until the Elite Four is beaten but if it has a weird Elite Four/Post-game like Black and White do then the end may change. I can't really say for sure until I have played through the game myself though.

I'm really excited for the games release and wish everyone of you the best of luck with your challenges! :D

-James901

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
And that, as they say, is that. For Johto.

Spoiler:

147.png

Seraph, Dratini ♂ Lv 59
dragonfang.png
Dragon Fang
>Dragon Rush
>Waterfall
>Outrage
>Dragon Dance

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Update #1

Well, I didn't do much as of right now. I just hacked in Hitmonlee, named Rock Lee, and trained him in Route 29 a bit. Tonight I'll bring up more stuff, being ill gives me a chance to play some Crystal. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
Kanto doesn't have much interesting going on for it besides the gyms. Thankfully, that means very easy updates.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

147.png

Seraph, Dratini
♂ Lv 66
amuletcoin.png
Amulet Coin
>Dragon Rush
>Waterfall
>Outrage
>Dragon Dance

I highly doubt my moveset will ever change. Unless i get rid of Waterfall for something else, which could happen.

Years
How does it work if I wanted to do the Ultimate Challenge but with a Pokémon that was introduced in for example generation 3? How would I complete the solo run for gens 1 and 2?

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
its been a while, but here my Pokemon diamond update
I just beat Crasher Wake

Tree Sap LV 46
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Horn attack
Arial Ace

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
How does it work if I wanted to do the Ultimate Challenge but with a Pokémon that was introduced in for example generation 3? How would I complete the solo run for gens 1 and 2?

If you're using a Pokémon from generation 3 then you would have to play FireRed/LeafGreen for your Kanto game, and HeartGold/SoulSilver for your Johto game. I know those games weren't released in gen 1 and 2 but they are still located in the Kanto and Johto regions and follow the same plot.

Be warned though FireRed and LeafGreen don't let you evolve Pokémon not from the Kanto Pokedex so you would have to evolve your Pokémon by other means, such as converting your save to a hack that enables the evolution such as FireRed Generations or FireRed Omega. I don't know of any LeafGreen hacks that do this.

Years
If you're using a Pokémon from generation 3 then you would have to play FireRed/LeafGreen for your Kanto game, and HeartGold/SoulSilver for your Johto game. I know those games weren't released in gen 1 and 2 but they are still located in the Kanto and Johto regions and follow the same plot.

Be warned though FireRed and LeafGreen don't let you evolve Pokémon not from the Kanto Pokedex so you would have to evolve your Pokémon by other means, such as converting your save to a hack that enables the evolution such as FireRed Generations or FireRed Omega. I don't know of any LeafGreen hacks that do this.

Alright that sounds reasonable :) Thanks

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Did the Kanto part of my Charizard Crystal solo run. I defeated the gym leaders in no particular order (so just look at the screens to know which order I followed). Only Red remains and I must say it will be a first, because even though I've owned Crystal (and Silver) for more than 10 years somehow I managed to never defeat Red.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
6.png

Jason the Charizard (M) @ Lv.80
Item: Charcoal
Slash
Flamethrower
Dragon Rage
Wing Attack

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Alright that sounds reasonable :) Thanks

Also, if you're able to use the Universal Randomizer you can use it to enable the National Dex in Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, ... and to disable Trade Evo's.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Update #2

I think I broke the rules. But I had to.

Here's the thing: I just beat the second Gym Leader, and I'm on to Ilex Forest. The Rival shows up, and starts with a Gastly. I have nothing to hurt him, having only Normal and Fighting-type moves. So I let him defeat me.

And here's what I've done: I trained my Totodile (HM Slave), up to Lv. 13 to get Water Gun, only to defeat the Gastly and move on in the battle and in the game. Is that allowed? Or do I have to restart the challenge?

I even thought about teaching Mud Slap to Hitmonlee, but I wrongfully gave it to Totodile.

I'm at the beginning of Ilex Forest at the moment, waiting for some answers, maybe from the owner of the challenge.

2nb5czm.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
I've just about hit a brick wall with fighting Red.
Spoiler:

The issue with Red that really bothers me; it is entirely doable at my current level. However, it is very luck reliant. A single crit = death (except maybe from Quick Attack) and it happens a lot. I can get super-setup, get him in an AI loop of Thunderbolt>Hyper Potion>QuickAttack>Setup>Thunderbolt, which would more or less equal an instant win; but crits screw it up and make it very, very luck reliant.

Still, I have confidence this can be done, especially with Double Team. We'll see how this goes.

Oh, and the Hail isn't actually an issue. Thanks to Leftovers, the Hail damage is completely cancelled out. It's only a problem if I hit 11 HP or lower, at which point the Hail will kill me before Lefties can heal it up. It's only happened once or twice though.

EDIT: The deed is done.

All things must come to an end. As is the way it must be.

However, this is not a sad thing. In this instance, this is a very, very good thing.

Spoiler:

Was Double Team worth it? Yes. No questions asked. Without it, not only would this battle have been even more luck reliant, it may very well have been impossible, as I would not be able to set up X SpDefs on Pikachu, which were absolutely critical to surviving Blizzard.

Red was, fittingly, the absolute hardest battle in the run. And will likely be the hardest battle in all of Solo Dratini.

I'm not quite sure which game I'll do next. Whichever one it is, I won't be playing on console, which means I'll be able to record videos for it. Kind of a weird thing to suddenly do partway through an Ultimate run, yes, but I wanted at least one of these runs on console, and Soulsilver seemed the best fit.

But that is the end of SoulSilver's chapter in this journey. It's sad, but all good things must come to an end. Farewell, Johto.

Final Stats:
147.png

Seraph, Dratini ♂ Lv 78
Relaxed Nature, Often lost in thought
leftovers.png
Leftovers, Ability: Shed Skin
HP: 176 Attack: 136
Def: 99 SpA: 112
SpD: 104 Spe: 114
>Dragon Rush
>Waterfall
>Double Team
>Dragon Dance

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Update #2

I think I broke the rules. But I had to.

Here's the thing: I just beat the second Gym Leader, and I'm on to Ilex Forest. The Rival shows up, and starts with a Gastly. I have nothing to hurt him, having only Normal and Fighting-type moves. So I let him defeat me.

And here's what I've done: I trained my Totodile (HM Slave), up to Lv. 13 to get Water Gun, only to defeat the Gastly and move on in the battle and in the game. Is that allowed? Or do I have to restart the challenge?

I even thought about teaching Mud Slap to Hitmonlee, but I wrongfully gave it to Totodile.

I'm at the beginning of Ilex Forest at the moment, waiting for some answers, maybe from the owner of the challenge.

2nb5czm.png

Okay, seeing as Hitmonlee is unable to learn any moves by level up that are capable of hitting Ghost types until it could get Foresight at level 36 I am going to let this slide, but only because Mud-Slap is a very weak move with on 20 base power. Next time make sure you teach Hitmonlee a TM to hit them.

Years
Actually what I do for pokemon that are not from first gen I use randomizer to randomize them into the game as starters - and I choose the option to get national dex at the beginning of the game so I don't have to worry about evolutions ^^ (Hacking is still not working for me for some odd reason :( )

Anyways- What I stopped by for is just to say that I finally completed my Sceptile solo run on FR - It wasn't that challenging at all ^_^ Even ice types were piece of cake for him :3 This one was probably my favourite out of solo runs I did - probably because I did it with my favourite starter out of them all ^^ The only thing I don't really like on sceptile is that he doesn't learn all that many moves :( Although Leaf Blade is an awesome move for sure :3

So here is the final team:

Geeckee (Sceptile), male, lvl 84, Ability: Overgrow (I never use these abilities so I don't like them all that much on starters :( ), Calm nature

254.gif

Mega Punch
Pursuit
Dig
Leaf Blade

I like his moveset - It was good for pretty much any type I faced ^^

Spoiler:

And I am still working on horsea solo run - that thing is hard to level up >_>

And I am going to start another solo run in the mean time - Cacnea/Cacturne also on FR - another grass type pokemon I fell in love with in anime and it was an awesome member in my team in several nuzlockes/randomizer nuzlocks so I fell like I should be using it more :3

Started Cacnea solo run :D

I chose cacnea and my rival chose squirtle - I had absorb already so I easily defeated him - got the parcel and got back and did some grinding while I was heading back to the lab. I grinded up to level 10 - yet I still had troubles defeating his pidgey that was spamming sand attack everywhere. Forest was just painful - every weedle decided to poison me and get a ton of crits on me so there was a lot of running back to pc and healing up D: Brock was just a joke - absorb everything and win! Defeated all the trainers and I am about to enter mount moon.

Team:

Jamie (Cacnea), male, lvl 19, Serious nature, Ability: Sand Veil

331.gif

Poison sting
Leer
Absorb
Leech Seed

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Username: Maughany18
Pokemon of Choice: Lapras
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Leaf Green

Rather looking forward to this, seems like it'll be fun :)

Update #1

Me and the hasty Grace set off on our adventure, annihilating our rival's charmander. We then hurried to get Oaks parcel and then deliver it to him and embark on our adventure. After a little grinding on the way to Viridian I challenged my rival again and defeated him with ease.

Then we headed onwards to Viridian Forest which I cleared with ease, healed up and challenged Brock. Grace was only a level 11 but since she's a baws she dispatched the whole gym without taking any damage. I received the running shoes and set off to Mt. Moon, running through it and swatting the trainers. I left the cave with high hopes of conquering nugget bridge and those hopes were met, completing nugget bridge with ease. I helped Bill in his predicament then fought Misty, expecting it to be a bit of a challenge but due to Grace's power we brushed off her Starmie.

On our way to the SS Anne I caught an Oddish so I could actually teach cut to a pokemon to get to the gym. Once I visited the pokemon centre we went onto the SS Anne and easily beat it, Grace barely took any damage (I'm starting to think I made a great choice with her) and yet again we demolished our rival and then picked up HM01 from the captain and departed the ship, waving to it as it left the port. After it left I taught oddish cut and then took on the Vermillion gym, expecting a little challenge. I beat the trainers easily but I got paralyzed by Lt. Surge's Raichu, who then used double team twice. There was some parahax and a few misses but ultimately I beat Surge and claimed his badge.

I went back to Cerulean and got my free bike and went to rock tunnel. After walking about for a while and only getting lost once we emerged from the tunnel, healed up and headed over to celadon city, ready to face Erika and that is where I'm at now.

Grace the Lapras (Female) Hasty Natured, Shell Armour ability. She's a nice, ripe level 39 :)

Moves;

Water Pulse
Body Slam
Ice Beam
Rest

Update #2

Beat Erika and then went to Rocket Corner to beat TR and get enough money for Thunderbolt. Once I got tbolt and taught it to Grace I headed over to Fuschia City to go on a safari. Went to the safari and got Surf and taught it to Grace so now my moveset was complete. Challenged Koga and destroyed him. On to Saffron City to rescue Silph Co, haded Giovanni's ass to him then did the same to Sabrina.

Grace is now level 60 and knows;

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rest

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Update #3

And the problem is there, again. This time, there's a gym full of it!

I'm now in Ecruteak Town, and I'm thinking about a strategy to defeat the Gym Leader and the Rival, which has a Haunter. Options are:

- I hack in a Mud Slap TM (the first one was wrongfully taught to Totodile).
- I get every single Gastly/Haunter/Gengar Curse me, then switch in and out, and Curse me again to let them faint.

There could be a third option... I passed on learning Mind Reader, would that move allow me to hit Ghost-types with Fighting-type moves? Maybe a fourth... I could catch a Hoothoot, use Foresight on everyone, and good game. But could I use it?

What should I do? In the meanwhile, I grinded as much as I could.

k55yc9.png

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3

And the problem is there, again. This time, there's a gym full of it!

I'm now in Ecruteak Town, and I'm thinking about a strategy to defeat the Gym Leader and the Rival, which has a Haunter. Options are:

- I hack in a Mud Slap TM (the first one was wrongfully taught to Totodile).
- I get every single Gastly/Haunter/Gengar Curse me, then switch in and out, and Curse me again to let them faint.

There could be a third option... I passed on learning Mind Reader, would that move allow me to hit Ghost-types with Fighting-type moves? Maybe a fourth... I could catch a Hoothoot, use Foresight on everyone, and good game. But could I use it?

What should I do? In the meanwhile, I grinded as much as I could.

k55yc9.png

As James pointed out before Hitmonlee learns Foresight by leveling up at level 36. Thus allowing you to only have to use Hitmonlee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back