• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Psychic would be so much better but guess what? It unobtainable in Ruby and Sapphire yay >.<

It's actually at Mauville Game Corner, so you could have gotten it before the third gym.
    And like Kostucha corrected me above, it's a Victory Road as well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Really? :o Because when I searched for Psychic location Ruby it told me that it's not available O.o Ohwell xD Psybeam still worked in the end ^^

So I wanted to challenge myself on Crystal because G/S/C games seem to be really easy at least from my [limited] experiences - I wanted to go through it with grass type - a bellossom to be exact - Oddish was pain to train to say the least - I was worried about first gym but those bellsprouts ended up giving me bigger problems D: Anyways it finally evolved and than I was on the painful road of waiting for gloom to learn Petal Dance before I evolved it- Morty's ghosts were not nice either. But after that it was Mainly sweeping except for elite 4 and champion - Oh and Blaine- And Blue's arcanine.. Pretty much what was expected to give me problems - Although I was surprised that I literally breezed through Bugsy's and Falkner's gym because I was sorta expecting more problems there.

I was too slow and I failed to take a hall of fame picture- when I take a screenshot the screen freezes for a bit so yeah I pressed it too early so the whole scene was over when it was back to working D: I did manage to take Red's lose screenshot though - He wasn't much of a problem but I had to take both his Charizard and Venusaur down to struggle before I could defeat them and that snorlax.. Let me just say that I hate snorlax now. It took me forever to bring it down to low hp and bam it used rest - and it did that over and over and over and since It set up with amnesya I did like no damage to it - So it took me good 5 minutes to beat it Oh yeah and that Pikachu's charm didn't help either >_<

Anyways Vs. Red:

Spoiler:

Final stats:

Bellatrix|Female|Lvl 79|@Miracle Seed
    Giga Drain
    Acid
    Cut
    Petal Dance

Cut put in some work for once :o

Completed Spinda solo on Ruby- This one was easier than I expected it to be :o

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

Pandora|Female|Brave Nature|Own Tempo|Lvl 71|@Silk Scarf
    Return
    Dizzy Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Psybeam​

Also, completed Machamp solo on FireRed- This one gave me a little bit of trouble at the beginning - which I didn't expect - Especially in my rival battles [I made it so that Machop replaced squirtle because I didn't feel like dealing with Exeggutor - Not a wise choice because sleep powder and poison powder were annoying at the beggining - I did end up two shotting it in the champion battle because Machamp can learn fire blast and he made a "smart" choice of putting up sunny day in the first turn.

Hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Final team:

Champion|Male|Mild Nature|Guts|Lvl 71
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Fire Blast
    Cross Chop​

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Final stats:

Bellatrix|Female|Lvl 79|@Miracle Seed
    Giga Drain
    Acid
    Cut
    Petal Dance

Cut put in some work for once :o

That honestly sounds like my Togetic solo with Mud-Slap. People sleep on Mud-Slap in Gen 2 solo runs.

Anyway, seeing as I apparently seem to have the memory of a squirrel sometimes (and I don't mean like Conker. More like the squirrel emote on Skype), I had a solo run from Alpha Sapphire done for about 2 months and forgot to post about it, sooooo, Sceptile solo thing result whatever I should call it.

Geico (Sceptile) Lv. 72 @ Sceptilite
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: X-Scissor, Rock Slide, Leaf Blade, Earthquake​

Yes, I went the physical Sceptile route. People sleep on physical M-Sceptile. Anyway, I'm working on a FireRed Amphy solo, and I'll likely get started on my Gen 2 Seaking solo while I tackle the rest of the runs I still need to do (especially Rotom on Gen 4. Oh Arceus help me.)

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #1: Houndoom - Leaf Green
    It's been a while since I posted, but I've been having some fun shiny hunting on OR. Fire Red is easy to play through and Houndoom isn't too bad.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Hades the Quiet Houndoom (M) @ Lv.44
    Ability: Early Bird
    Bite
    Ember
    Faint Attack
    Smog

HM Slave(s):
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: Thursday
    Pokemon of Choice: Mightyena (Chosen from Random Pokemon Generator)
    Challenge: Single
    Game(s): Omega Ruby

I'm going to start with a Poochyena and evolve it at level 18 so I don't have to hack in one.

Years
  • Hmm so I used Random Pokemon Generator few days ago - Hoping that I get something challenging to do a solo with - and it gave me Aerodactyl - Interesting- Should be fun and challenging. I used it just once before so I was really looking forward to using it.
    Brock=Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.
    Misty= Gave me some problems at first - went through nugget bridge and rival - got back and destroyed her.
    Lt. Surge=Surprisingly, very easy.
    Erika- Fly ftw!
    Koga= POISON! It was so painful because he was constantly poisoning Aero and he was constantly getting crits >_>
    Erika= Same- Crit city!
    Blaine=Easy
    Giovanni= Was easier than I expected.
    I also hate Exeggutor- Sleep powder always hit. And it would constantly get crits on me - It took forever to take him down in the champion battle >_>

Spoiler:

Final team:

Aero|Male|Naughty Nature|Pressure|Lvl 66
    Fly
    Rock Slide
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake​

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • I still hate Red's Snorlax. That thing has been the root of annoying stall and bulk in most of my solo runs so far, especially since it got the paralysis with the first Body Slam, spammed moves, bulked up it's Special Defense to an extreme point, and it was all around a bad time. But, I still won. Seaking solo on Crystal is done.

Poseidon (Seaking) Lv. 77 @ Mystic Water
    Moves: Peck, Surf, Waterfall, Icy Wind​

Yes, I kept Peck the whole time. I needed a way to deal with Grass types until Icy Wind came along, and since Seaking's Attack stat turned out to be higher, I kept it just in case since I got rid of Horn Attack for Icy Wind. I also learned that Seaking learns Agility at Lv. 61 in Gen 2 for some reason. Anyway, still gotta finish that Amphy solo on FR/LG, so ye.

Years
  • I still hate Red's Snorlax. That thing has been the root of annoying stall and bulk in most of my solo runs so far, especially since it got the paralysis with the first Body Slam, spammed moves, bulked up it's Special Defense to an extreme point, and it was all around a bad time. But, I still won. Seaking solo on Crystal is done.

Snorlax.. The most annoying pokemon in any official game -I remember being so happy when Houndoom had no problems with it but than I always remember my Random pokemon run on Crystal when my whole team had problems with it and than my belossom solo run - and stupid cursing snorlax that took forever to go down to little health.. Than it rested over and over and over - and I almost got down to struggle against it >_>

Also, congrats on completing Seaking solo run :D It's on my list too lol because I never use seaking - there are just so many better water types out there :(

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Snorlax.. The most annoying pokemon in any official game -I remember being so happy when Houndoom had no problems with it but than I always remember my Random pokemon run on Crystal when my whole team had problems with it and than my belossom solo run - and stupid cursing snorlax that took forever to go down to little health.. Than it rested over and over and over - and I almost got down to struggle against it >_>

Also, congrats on completing Seaking solo run :D It's on my list too lol because I never use seaking - there are just so many better water types out there :(

Furret and Bellossom are on my Gen 2 list, so I'll be feeling your pain against that bulky thing once again. As for Seaking, it's a problem when it's Attack stat is higher than it's Special Attack and Waterfall is a special attack. It won't be as big of a problem when I do Seaking on Omega Ruby since Waterfall becomes physical...but I get no Water type moves at all early game. That's the main fault of Goldeen/Seaking beyond Gen 1 since everyone and their grandma has a Rock type gym as the first gym and the best you have is Peck and Supersonic.

And in terms of solo run progress, I finished my FireRed Ampharos solo. I now have a deep hatred for Gary's Exeggutor because Sleep Powder. The stalling was too real, and it was bothersome.

Amphy (Ampharos) Lv. 75 @ Nothing
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Static
    Moves: Strength, Brick Break, Thunder, Thunder Wave​

Next in line will probably be my...ummm...not sure yet. I may do another Gen 2 solo, but I gotta pick something to use.

Years
  • Furret and Bellossom are on my Gen 2 list, so I'll be feeling your pain against that bulky thing once again. As for Seaking, it's a problem when it's Attack stat is higher than it's Special Attack and Waterfall is a special attack. It won't be as big of a problem when I do Seaking on Omega Ruby since Waterfall becomes physical...but I get no Water type moves at all early game. That's the main fault of Goldeen/Seaking beyond Gen 1 since everyone and their grandma has a Rock type gym as the first gym and the best you have is Peck and Supersonic.

And in terms of solo run progress, I finished my FireRed Ampharos solo. I now have a deep hatred for Gary's Exeggutor because Sleep Powder. The stalling was too real, and it was bothersome.

That palm tree is annoying indeed- I remember that when I was doing Aerodactly solo I was like: "No problem- He has fly" - Exeggutor has sleep powder that hits all the time so yeah >_>

Belossom is not that hard but oddish is annoying to train :/ And waiting for Petal dance takes about forever too D:

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Now that I have a new and better computer, I think it's time to complete a challenge

Username: PhoenixWright77
    Pokemon of Choice: Chimchar-Monferno-Infernape
    Challenge: Single
    Game(s): Heart Gold

(Also, my friend sent me a Chimchar egg and it might know egg moves. Is that alright?)

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • That palm tree is annoying indeed- I remember that when I was doing Aerodactly solo I was like: "No problem- He has fly" - Exeggutor has sleep powder that hits all the time so yeah >_>

Belossom is not that hard but oddish is annoying to train :/ And waiting for Petal dance takes about forever too D:

And it's bulky, so it can live a hit then lock you into it's Sleep Powder shenanigans.

So it's pretty much like Seaking, but gets access to a STAB move earlier, yet it's best move takes an eternity. Totally sounds like Seaking, but with more weaknesses.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Delibird Solo on X
    Spoiler:

Sorry the pic is blurry.
    I started this on Christmas eve took me to last Wednesday. Wikstrom forced me to resort to spamming X-items to survive a power gem from the probopass and to be able to do something against the Ageislash.
    I bred this Delibird to be as best as can be so it has perfect IV's in HP/ATK/DEF/SP.ATK/SP.DEF/SPD. Along with giving it the egg move ice punch cause I wasn't rolling with present trying to beat Grant. I also EV trained it with HP 4/ ATK 252/ SPD 252.
    Moves:
    - Brick Break
    - Arial Ace
    - Ice Punch
    - Return

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Mother of Arceus, Starmie is a monster in Gen 1. Once you get past the fact it learns Water Gun at Lv. 17 and it's horrid base HP as a Staryu, especially once I got my desired moveset. Once I got Ice Beam and Psychic, it was over.

Starman (Starmie) Lv. 75
    Moves: Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf​

What I had said on Skype pretty much sums up this run, especially once I learned that Staryu can learn Thunder Wave by TM.

Nintendo logic strikes again. Anyway, I'm gonna take a little break from Kanto runs...to deal with a certain scrub at a later point...

This scrub.

Which evolves into this scrub. Arceus help me.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I while ago I decided to try a solo run. Since my own rules fit within the rules here (the only difference is I don't allow myself to use revives), I decided to share it here.

Signups because I haven't signed up yet:
    Spoiler:

For my first solo challenge I picked Swampert, because I already had a Blaziken and Sceptile in my games and this gave the possibility to get the third starter as well. It was very easy, I only used a Super Potion once because Marshtomp couldn't one hit KO a Shroomish at the time and got a Leech Seed. Shroomish was the first of six Pokémon in possession of that trainer.

Burukari (♂), lv85, Bold nature, Torrent
    Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Double Team
    Progress: Completed!

Because soloing with Burukari was so easy, I tried another solo with Raticate in LeafGreen. Partly because it was a quick way through the game and I wanted a Slowpoke, partly to follow Youngster Joey's footsteps.

Top (♂), lv90, Adamant nature, Run Away
    Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Hyper Fang, Strength
    Progress: Completed!

Just recently I tried another solo with Hoenn's counterpart of Raticate, Linoone, in Pokémon Ruby. In this game I played as the female character for the first time.

Plush (♀), lv84, Naive nature, Pickup
    Strength, Headbutt, Surf, Shadow Ball
    Progress: 8 badges​

Years
  • Completed Altaria solo on Ruby- and this one was waaay more challenging than I expected it to be x.x First three gyms went down to struggle and the last two gyms gave me problems aswell D: Steven was not easy either :(

Spoiler:

Final team:

CottonBall|Male|Adamant Nature|Natural Cure|Lvl 69|@King's Rock
    Dragon Dance
    Dragonbreath
    Fly
    Ice Beam​

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Right now, I only have one thing to say. I freaking hate this Sunkern with a burning passion! This thing can barely do damage to anything unless I setup with Growth. I couldn't even kill a Lv. 3 Sentret with Absorb until I went and grinded against Geodude for five minutes until I got to Lv. 8-9 and learned Mega Drain. Setting up on Bellsprout was a thing in Sprout Tower in order to get levels, and that sort of helped me deal with the first gym without getting bodied 4000 times.

Anyway, second gym is destroying my life. I can deal with Kakuna and Metapod just fine with setup, but that Scyther can 2HKO-3HKO me with Fury Cutter. I swear, this solo run is going to be the death of me, but in order to do all the Johto Gen 2 solos with all the fully evolved mons, I have to endure and survive.

Scrub (Sunkern) Lv. 23 @ Miracle Seed
    Moves: Absorb, Growth, Mega Drain, Sunny Day (This is actually all it's learned so far. Kill me now.)

Extra: Yeah, I'm totally screwed. This thing learns nearly nothing as a Sunkern. The worst part is that it learns more offensive moves as a Sunflora, but I won't get a Sun Stone in time to get Petal Dance at Lv. 31. Once again, kill me now.

Years
  • Anyway, second gym is destroying my life. I can deal with Kakuna and Metapod just fine with setup, but that Scyther can 2HKO-3HKO me with Fury Cutter. I swear, this solo run is going to be the death of me, but in order to do all the Johto Gen 2 solos with all the fully evolved mons, I have to endure and survive.

Haha, yeah Bugsy can really be a nightmare in that one {XD}. I don't remember exactly, but in my solo Sunkern I had like level 30-40 before actually being able to beat Bugsy with my bad luck, and lv 100 to beat the Elite 4 (I don't remember if I got to this level, because it was necessary, or I was just bored lol).
    Anyway, good luck!

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #2: Houndoom - Leaf Green

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Hades the Quiet Houndoom (M) @ Lv.88
    Ability: Early Bird