• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Coming Back

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2023
    Hello everyone, it's been quite a while. The community is definitely much more mature the last I saw it. I'm called Paleo and Pokémon Radical Red is currently life for me.

As an avid player since the games inception, I do hold the franchise near and dear. It's propelled most of my early ways of thinking and guided me toward STEM focused interests. Would you believe my personal hobby is creating phylogenetic trees for pocket monsters?

I'm back for a simple reason, I miss the community. I used to roleplay pretty heavy on Vdex if anyone remembers that place. I do a lot of game design on paper for my own games naturally. I'm pretty obsessed with how the fan base creates better games than the company itself and my ultimate dream is to create a completely new monster catching game that adds and updates like Minecraft and uses designs from the community voted on of course.

My favorite Pokémon are generally ghost and bug types and any reptilian or fossil based mons.

Years
  • Hello everyone, it's been quite a while. The community is definitely much more mature the last I saw it. I'm called Paleo and Pokémon Radical Red is currently life for me.

As an avid player since the games inception, I do hold the franchise near and dear. It's propelled most of my early ways of thinking and guided me toward STEM focused interests. Would you believe my personal hobby is creating phylogenetic trees for pocket monsters?

I'm back for a simple reason, I miss the community. I used to roleplay pretty heavy on Vdex if anyone remembers that place. I do a lot of game design on paper for my own games naturally. I'm pretty obsessed with how the fan base creates better games than the company itself and my ultimate dream is to create a completely new monster catching game that adds and updates like Minecraft and uses designs from the community voted on of course.

My favorite Pokémon are generally ghost and bug types and any reptilian or fossil based mons.

Hello Paleo, and welcome back to the forums!
    What are your favourite Pokémon games ?
    Imagining how the Pokémon evolved and their family branches sure is an interesting topic! I, for one, like to think, for example, that the Electric pokémon were very rare until humans mastered electricity!

The roleplay on PokéCommunity is still here, in the Create & Discover sections!
    If you are into fan games creation, don't hesitate to check the Fan Games sections!
    I am also into reptilian looking pokémon, one of my favourite being Delta Charizard (Ghost / Dragon, from Insurgence)!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2023
    It's nice to see everyone. To answer all of your questions at once:

1. My favorite game is a tricky one to pin down. I enjoy several aspects of each game and honesty wish they would stop the tradition stuff and subvert my expectations or listen to what the fans want because we are pretty vocal. If I had to choose, I think ORAS got most of what I would consider a complete Pokémon game. Nitpicks of course but you can't have it all you know? The BWB2W2 serried was also very well done thematically but I felt it was held back. I could go on lol. From the community, however, I'd say Radical Red knows what it's doing.

@Gaedevoir : Thank you for all of the suggestions and helpful tips. I enjoy the concept of customizable Pokémon so any variants of existing monsters works for me within the games lore. I just wish they would tie it all together. Phylogenetics is pretty fun, well, if you find that fun lol. If only we knew more about how the world came to be over time. Legends teases that quite a bit but never fully dives in. Did Pokémon have clothes first or did we lol.

2. I love some shiny Pokémon. I wish they would sort of do variants of some kind. Melanistic or Albino monsters in addition to Shinies but that would be a tremendous amount of data to keep track of. I'd also like some re-colors of some of the. For us fans to be able to see better if the games are going to be on the 3D route. My first shiny was a green Zubat that I released after evolving it because I thought it would corrupt my game. Regretted that.

3. My favorite fossil Pokémon is hard to choose. I don't particularly care for the Gen 8 fossils at the moment. They ruined a potential Dunkleosteus monster. If they ever put the fossils back together the correct way, they'll remain my least favorite. I do enjoy the concepts though and having studied Paleontology, I'd implore you research the Bone Wars, a time when Paleontologists were new, the scientific rivalry was hot and fake fossils were everywhere. My game idea has been in the works on paper for about 15 years but I suffer from ADHD so compiling it all effectively and staying on task for long enough to make something in code is just too much for my brain. Anyway the game idea focused on traveling between the past and future to tie the events of the pokemon world at large together. Answer questions like why are there chosen ones, etc. a game for the fans made by the fans you know?

In the past I wanted not just ancient ancestors of present Pokémon but an entire new biosphere for the player to explore. Now I. Rambling though. ADHD forgive my brain lol

Years
  • 1. My favorite game is a tricky one to pin down. I enjoy several aspects of each game and honesty wish they would stop the tradition stuff and subvert my expectations or listen to what the fans want because we are pretty vocal. If I had to choose, I think ORAS got most of what I would consider a complete Pokémon game. Nitpicks of course but you can't have it all you know? The BWB2W2 serried was also very well done thematically but I felt it was held back. I could go on lol. From the community, however, I'd say Radical Red knows what it's doing.

@Gaedevoir : Thank you for all of the suggestions and helpful tips. I enjoy the concept of customizable Pokémon so any variants of existing monsters works for me within the games lore. I just wish they would tie it all together. Phylogenetics is pretty fun, well, if you find that fun lol. If only we knew more about how the world came to be over time. Legends teases that quite a bit but never fully dives in. Did Pokémon have clothes first or did we lol.

I loved B2W2! So many great means to train pokémon, the underwater treasure, ... For me, it comes second favourite after Red (nostalgia ^^). Regarding fan games, have you tried Zeta / Omicron ? Solar Light - Lunar Dark ? Insurgence (my favourite!) ? Or Reborn, if you are into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles ?
    I tend to think Pokémon did not have clothes before humans did... just like I imagine there were no Magnezone's line before humans invented powerplants and factories!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2023
    I loved B2W2! So many great means to train pokémon, the underwater treasure, ... For me, it comes second favourite after Red (nostalgia ^^). Regarding fan games, have you tried Zeta / Omicron ? Solar Light - Lunar Dark ? Insurgence (my favourite!) ? Or Reborn, if you are into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles ?
    I tend to think Pokémon did not have clothes before humans did... just like I imagine there were no Magnezone's line before humans invented powerplants and factories!

I like fully fleshed out games like B2W2 that offers the player more than just the standard tropes. I loved the different kinds of battling and such.

I've never tried any of those games. Though I love Romhacks, I tend to struggle finishing them for the silly reason that I wished Nintendo took their advice and such. It's har to enjoy something so good but realize it'll never be cannon to anyone but us.

Years
  • I like fully fleshed out games like B2W2 that offers the player more than just the standard tropes. I loved the different kinds of battling and such.

I've never tried any of those games. Though I love Romhacks, I tend to struggle finishing them for the silly reason that I wished Nintendo took their advice and such. It's har to enjoy something so good but realize it'll never be cannon to anyone but us.

Well, for one who played these fan games, I sure recommend to try them! They have great maps, great fakémon for some (especially Insurgence), a great story and characters (especially Reborn, without which, by the way, I might never have come to these forums!

Back