• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

communication

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    loosely connected multi-question thread bc you know what? i can.

- do you have any distinctive qualities about your voice? stuff you like vs stuff you don't like
    - how easily do you communicate with other people? differences between friends, acquaintances and strangers?
    - how would you rate your ability to express your emotions? are you healthy in this regard?
    - are you a good debater? a good interviewer/interviewee?
    - lastly, how confident are you in expressing your opinion? do you stand up for yourself when questioned - or pushed?

Years
  • - Do you have any distinctive qualities about your voice? Stuff you like vs stuff you don't like
    Not really. I've been told it's deeper than people would expect looking at me but I dunno if it really is or whatnot. We all hear our voices differently to other people and it just sounds normal to me.

- How easily do you communicate with other people? Differences between friends, acquaintances and strangers?
    I don't think I'm an amazing communicator for the most part but I can usually get my point across. I find it far easier to talk and communicate when I'm with friends or when I'm in a position of authority/power of some sort though.

- How would you rate your ability to express your emotions? are you healthy in this regard?
    I suck.
    The only emotion I'm actually good at expressing is anger. So I dunno, probably not the healthiest lol.

- Are you a good debater? a good interviewer/interviewee?
    I like to think I'm a pretty good debater. I certainly enjoy trying to outwit the opposition and can usually manage to find faults in their points whilst articulating my own. Less so when it comes to the interview situation I'd think though because that's less of an even playing field.

- Lastly, how confident are you in expressing your opinion? Do you stand up for yourself when questioned - or pushed?
    I'm both opinionated and assertive so I think I'm fairly confident in expressing my opinion and I will almost certainly stand up for it if people question it or push me.

Years
  • I'm naturally a quiet speaker. I don't project as much as other people do, on average. Sometimes I get stuck and stutter a bit, but not usually. I also have that kind of creaky thing that lots of people around here have with their accent.

Honestly, I do feel I'm quite good at communicating, more so with the written word that in speech, but compared to, for instance, people I've worked with I think I do very well getting my point across and being clear about what I'm trying to communicate. That doesn't translate to emotions though. I don't regularly express my feelings. I know when I'm doing it, but it doesn't help me overcome it that much.

Years
  • - do you have any distinctive qualities about your voice? stuff you like vs stuff you don't like
    I hate my voice :(
    - how easily do you communicate with other people? differences between friends, acquaintances and strangers?
    no, not easily. sometimes I cannot communicate even with my closest friends. I want to stay at home alone
    - how would you rate your ability to express your emotions? are you healthy in this regard?
    yes, I can do it very well
    - are you a good debater? a good interviewer/interviewee?
    not, definitely not. I shy of other people and especially talking with strangers
    - lastly, how confident are you in expressing your opinion? do you stand up for yourself when questioned - or pushed?
    pushed :(

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • - Do you have any distinctive qualities about your voice? Stuff you like vs stuff you don't like
    it changes pitch really easily and i can't control it. when im around people im comfortable with its more high pitched and more expressful, but when im around new people its very deep and bland.

- How easily do you communicate with other people? Differences between friends, acquaintances and strangers?
    friends are easy because im at that point where i dont have to worry about being judged, and then it basically goes down the totem pole from there
    acquaintances im like 50/50 on, some stuff im happy to do because no judgement, but other stuff im still unsure about
    strangers tho, dont even talk to me bcos idk how to interact with people. i can not tell you when i first started work, how many of my coworkers would ask my questions and it would be silent for a good 5 seconds before i could even respond, and sometimes they would say stuff to me like "god its been so busy today" or "i cant wait to go home" and i'd just ignore them because idk what to say.

- How would you rate your ability to express your emotions? are you healthy in this regard?
    if i wanted to i could, but i usually just suppress my emotions and act carefree, less drama that way when you're not opinionated.

- Are you a good debater? a good interviewer/interviewee?
    no

- Lastly, how confident are you in expressing your opinion? Do you stand up for yourself when questioned - or pushed?
    i will cry

Back