• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Community League

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    If the gyms had a monotype or dual type, then you would have to limit the trainer's pokemon because if they were allowed unlimited then they could do that for every leader. Limiting the amount of pokemon tests the trainer's team creating skills.
    So, I think we have reached a consensus that we have to limit the number of pokemon a challenger can use. I think the rule where they can switch pokemon once a month is pretty fair. Who's really going to wait a month between battling every gym leader just to counter their type?

As for gym leaders, I still think they shouldn't be limited. Which, also seems like something we agree on. I'm not sure if gym leaders should go for dual typing. If we get some really good battlers as gym leaders, it's going to already be a challenge with one type. Besides, gym leaders aren't really meant to be impossibly strong. Maybe have gym leaders stick with one type, then have elite four members have dual type, then the champions can have whatever team they want. Just a thought to increase the difficulty of the league as you progress along.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    If the gyms had a monotype or dual type, then you would have to limit the trainer's pokemon because if they were allowed unlimited then they could do that for every leader. Limiting the amount of pokemon tests the trainer's team creating skills.
    Yup, that's why I'm opposed to your suggestion, because it would give the challenger so much freedom that they could easily get away with counterteaming. If challengers could do that, then there would be no point in limiting them.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    I definitely wouldn't have time to participate in anything like this, but while I'm here let me point out that regardless of that, I am 100% in agreement with this idea. I for one feel it should be a wi-fi league. I understand that some people don't have wi-fi or X&Y (I am sadly one of those people, seeing as how I do not and probably will not for the forseable future be in possession of a 3DS and X&Y), but it would be and feel better for one to put effort into their team and it would feel like more of a role-play if we actually go on an adventure before joining the PCPL.

On that note, perhaps two PCPLs? One over the show-down server and one over wi-fi? I realize that would take a lot of effort, but if we can muster up enough volunteers then why not?

Anyway, 2cents.

Years
    Splitting it up would never work but we could have gym leaders give the option for both. Honestly I'd be fine with either since the prospect of raising your teams from the ground up seems cool, although the time that Showdown saves is really valuable. Covert Bump.

Back