• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah air balloon Heatran is great to switch in ON ANOTHER HEATRAN once you've already broken it. Funny thing is, people keep their opposing Heatran's in lool. But yeah that's about the only use and the only reason I keep it on Heatran tbh.

Also what makes PC's server so appealing to hack? Like... it's not like there's anything special there, lol. Taking Smogon sure that'd have big issues for some, but PC's, really, lol. ;x

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Ye agree with Nica here, balloon Heatran is great and especially against another Heatran.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
See, it has a use. To destroy Drakow. Therefore we must continue using it... otherwise Drakow will take over CBC AND THEN THE WORLD? lol.

tbh you should go for other combinations, AKA DO THAT RAIN TEAM. D<

Years
See, it has a use. To destroy Drakow. Therefore we must continue using it... otherwise Drakow will take over CBC AND THEN THE WORLD? lol.

I like sticking to my one thing though. It's just the way I am.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Air Balloon Heatran? It still gets beaten easily, imho. Yes it is a great switch against most of the Pokemon bearing EQ/Earth Power, but it can't be strong, fast nor regenerative enough like Specs, Scarf, or Calm Tran respectively. I still say Specs for Heatran or Sp.Defensive one.

Years
man BP really needs to be banned complex with espeon, it's such an easy way to win, it's ridiculous, that and some gay hax just knocked me off of #1 on necturna playtest leaderboard. Genuine bs

Years
Dude. I read BP as bullet punch at first and I was like how the hell does Scizor and Espeon wreck the meta together lmao. I thought maybe it was like Scizor U-turning into Espeon as the opponent sets Stealth Rock or something looooool but then I was like why would he say bullet punch then? I got there in the end man >_>

Baton pass is very frustrating to deal with. It's pretty much an all or nothing concept as far as I am aware though. Like the few times I faced off against it, if I could break the chain once, I would win pretty easily. Otherwise I would lose ¬____¬

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Nah air balloon Heatran is great to switch in ON ANOTHER HEATRAN once you've already broken it. Funny thing is, people keep their opposing Heatran's in lool. But yeah that's about the only use and the only reason I keep it on Heatran tbh.

Why would you use Air Balloon tran against another Air Balloon tran with almost the same moveset...? Earthquake won't be any use thanks to Air Balloon so I can't imagine who would be "smart" enough to do that....

Ok, next time I fight Drakow, Imma sure to use Air Balloon tran!! MWAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the tip :P

Dude. I read BP as bullet punch at first and I was like how the hell does Scizor and Espeon wreck the meta together lmao. I thought maybe it was like Scizor U-turning into Espeon as the opponent sets Stealth Rock or something looooool but then I was like why would he say bullet punch then? I got there in the end man >_>

Baton pass is very frustrating to deal with. It's pretty much an all or nothing concept as far as I am aware though. Like the few times I faced off against it, if I could break the chain once, I would win pretty easily. Otherwise I would lose ¬____¬

And no one even considers Shedinja for times like these... T.T
But seriously though, you should have at least one Pokemon with Pursuit... xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well the point is to switch it in on something you're sure they'll use fire blast or flamethrower on, after you've broken their balloon. Then with the boosted fire blast, you keep that and use earth power (not eq) and they can do nothing but hidden power you and at that point you just use earth power and win :3

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Pursuit fails against Baton Pass Espeon, Baton Pass bypasses it and you hit the incoming Pokemon and then get further set up on @ chain.

@ Karp im assuming you use stall ? Perish Song, Haze, having more than one phazer (Roar + Dragon Tail is awesome for thos alone)or ghost type Curse really should be a staple on them. This is why im so very rigid with my stall team structure to avoid bs like that lol

Years
Pursuit fails against Baton Pass Espeon, Baton Pass bypasses it and you hit the incoming Pokemon and then get further set up on @ chain.

@ Karp im assuming you use stall ? Perish Song, Haze, having more than one phazer (Roar + Dragon Tail is awesome for thos alone)or ghost type Curse really should be a staple on them. This is why im so very rigid with my stall team structure to avoid bs like that lol

Can't fit on any of those, sadly. Roar doesn't work, though. Necturna is really more of a burden than a help, since it needs Recover as its SKetch move. I might try Roar TTar though since there are no Reuniclus anyways.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
What do you mean Baton Pass bypasses Pursuit? I remember using an Espeon against Gengar or Tyranitar... since my Esp couldn't do much, I tried to switch with Baton Pass, but my Esp was pawned from full hp to none -_-''

Embarrassing moment, really...

But if you insist Pursuit still doesn't work, then why not use someone like... SHEDINJA?? ;)

Be sure to teach it Final Gambit...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
What do you mean Baton Pass bypasses Pursuit? I remember using an Espeon against Gengar or Tyranitar... since my Esp couldn't do much, I tried to switch with Baton Pass, but my Esp was pawned from full hp to none -_-''

Embarrassing moment, really...

But if you insist Pursuit still doesn't work, then why not use someone like... SHEDINJA?? ;)

Be sure to teach it Final Gambit...

I like winning ? ;D trollol

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I like winning ? ;D trollol

Have you even TRIED using Pursuit on a Baton Passing Esp?

Oh, and nica:

Well the point is to switch it in on something you're sure they'll use fire blast or flamethrower on, after you've broken their balloon. Then with the boosted fire blast, you keep that and use earth power (not eq) and they can do nothing but hidden power you and at that point you just use earth power and win :3

Aaaanddd what if your opponent has the same strat with his tran?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Have you even TRIED using Pursuit on a Baton Passing Esp?

Yep it hits the receiver. The only time it will hit you is if the Pursuiter is faster (40 BP). So Tyraitar example you gave was prolly a ScarfTar.

Only U-Turn/Volt Switch are effected by doubly powered Pursuit in regards to "switching" moves.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Aaaanddd what if your opponent has the same strat with his tran?

They can't if you popped their balloon on a previous turn which is what I mentioned like FIVE TIMES. :(

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Then that Gengar/Tar must have a heck lot of Atk to put my Esp's HP all the way down with Pursuit -_-''

Gengar doesn't get Pursuit, unless you mistakenly mean Shadow Ball ? But yes unboosted ScarfTars Pursuit does ~90% to Espeon not switching out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
OR PERHAPS he means another Pokemon all together? Either that or he's really unlucky w/ speed tie if it happens often @ shadow ball, lol ;x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back