• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Yep, have used them in OU. I was looking for UU this time. Mismagius was the first one I used but still lacked synergy with my team (although it went well with some battles), I'm trying to look for alternatives.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Dear Server,

Again?! Seriously?!

On topic, I like offensive strategies more because of the risk taking factor. I like playing chicken and seeing if I'm stubborn enough to outplay the opponent. My style embodies high risk high reward haha. With defensive teams such as stall, I feel like it almost completely removes the risk-taking portion. There's still some risk but if you fail, its easier to play around it. It also means the battle drags on. Which in turn means your opponent gets better at reading you. I don't like battles that last beyond 30 turns, pretty much :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah long battles are boring tbh. Besides it's totally in the spirit of Pokemon to have quick battles, considering that in-game teams are almost always offensive and never stall (who would play stall in-game against trainers, really lool). Totally the way battles are meant to be done. :)

EDIT: HEY GUYS "/ME" IS BACK AT THE SERVER. I FELT IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS GREAT NEWS!

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
It isn't terrible. His skills are terrible for sending it in on a ghost who usally has mono ghost attacking sets lmao.

No, no. Shedinja is just terrible. Fire, Rock, Flying, Dark and Ghost types are all common now. And not to mention Stealth Rock. Any hit from those and Shedinja is gone. Kinda bad calling his skills terrible. ):

So I finally got around to building an OU team which has been working pretty good. Why is CB Mamo so good???

Years
Mm, I agree, CB Mamo is great due to the sheer amount of things that it's fantastic Dual-STAB hits; letting him get rid of some of the predominant threats easily: Tyranitar, Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus, Flygon and many more all fall to him; and many things find it hard to switch in. I always end up making Mamoswine weak teams, I'm just lucky it isn't used much more.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Back on the topic of Keldeo: I don't think Keldeo would end up in ubers. While it has excellent stats to be a great Special Sweeper, especially with access to Calm Mind, it has an extremely limited special movepool. Perhaps OU will be his ultimate resting place.

Perriechu

Years
Back on the topic of Keldeo: I don't think Keldeo would end up in ubers. While it has excellent stats to be a great Special Sweeper, especially with access to Calm Mind, it has an extremely limited special movepool. Perhaps OU will be his ultimate resting place.

It's movepool may not be enough to hold it back tbh. Look at Manaphy, it doesn't have a huge movepool and yet it's in ubers. But that's mostly because of Tail Glow and such, but still. A few uber Pokemon have low movepools but still manage to be destructive, the same may go for Keldeo.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Mm, I agree, CB Mamo is great due to the sheer amount of things that it's fantastic Dual-STAB hits; letting him get rid of some of the predominant threats easily: Tyranitar, Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus, Flygon and many more all fall to him; and many things find it hard to switch in. I always end up making Mamoswine weak teams, I'm just lucky it isn't used much more.

No, no. Shedinja is just terrible. Fire, Rock, Flying, Dark and Ghost types are all common now. And not to mention Stealth Rock. Any hit from those and Shedinja is gone. Kinda bad calling his skills terrible. ):

So I finally got around to building an OU team which has been working pretty good. Why is CB Mamo so good???

icicle plate mamo > cb

you get that surprise factor and people always always expect it to be choiced, so it nets at least one KO a game by being amazing in the first place and another by KOing a pokemon that they thought resisted your choice-locked move

but water/fighting dual stabs not only have excellent coverage, but when paired with uh hp ghost i think it was maybe, keldeo absolutely wrecks. don't judge something on its movepool alone, especially when it has great stab options with high base power moves, as well as a really good boost move and a pretty damn good stat spread. keldeo is going to have a huge impact, especially if it doesn't get the boot to ubers.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
All this talk about Keldeo makes me want to use one even more. :D

Just to theorize, if Keldeo was released already, this would be the standard set, right?:
-Calm Mind
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword/Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Ghost/Electric)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah standard CMer or this

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Dark/Ghost]
- Surf

Use in rain, crushes p much everything lol.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Hmm, I see what you're going at there. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where it ends up. I hope it's OU though, not ubers. :\

Now, this makes me think of where Meloetta could end up. With Relic Song, it becomes one of the seemingly most dangerous Fighting-types, with base 128 Attack and Speed. With that, I could see Meloetta easily becoming Uber.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm, I see what you're going at there. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where it ends up. I hope it's OU though, not ubers. :\

Now, this makes me think of where Meloetta could end up. With Relic Song, it becomes one of the seemingly most dangerous Fighting-types, with base 128 Attack and Speed. With that, I could see Meloetta easily becoming Uber.

Meloetta sucks tbh, its a really big gimmick.

I doubt Keldeo will be uber either. Its checked and countered by ALOT of common pokemon.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I doubt Keldeo will be uber either. Its checked and countered by ALOT of common pokemon.

I'm not sure because Keldeo is the ONLY pokemon who can learn Secret Sword, a special Fighting attack that is affected by the enemy's Defense. Even though Keldeo has same dual type as Poliwrath, I think it's going to be uber.

Perriechu

Years
I'm not sure because Keldeo is the ONLY pokemon who can learn Secret Sword, a special Fighting attack that is affected by the enemy's Defense. Even though Keldeo has same dual type as Poliwrath, I think it's going to be uber.

And? Secret Sword isn't going to but into ubers alone. And tbh what DA said was right, Pokemon like Latios, Alakazam, Tornadus etc all go through it. Most of its checks and counters are faster than it so it'd pretty much get OHKO'd, that's before any Calm Minds though, idk damage calculations after a certain amount and such. I guess physical attacks could work but eeh. It'll probably be in OU. A small chance of it being in ubers, but if not, OU for sure.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Ok, so this is a bit weird but... ARCEUS IS UU??!! WTF?

Meth%20lab.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dragon what. Pretty sure Arceus is definitely über, lol. Ew autocorrect.

Hay DA y u lack four words, young fool.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
i see the server is down, as usual

also if anyone wants to play any matches at all (i have OU/RU/NU teams atm, gonna be getting UU and All-CAP soon as well) i'd definitely be down. brb wrecking RU with mono-bug

Hay DA y u lack four words, young fool.

as the proprietor of this thread i hereby establish that this rule no longer exists within the boundaries of this thread

tell me again why that is a rule? i thought da's post was pretty well-informed and thoughtful

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
i see the server is down, as usual

also if anyone wants to play any matches at all (i have OU/RU/NU teams atm, gonna be getting UU and All-CAP soon as well) i'd definitely be down. brb wrecking RU with mono-bug

as the proprietor of this thread i hereby establish that this rule no longer exists within the boundaries of this thread

tell me again why that is a rule? i thought da's post was pretty well-informed and thoughtful

Yeah server being down constantly isnt helping lol :/

Also you're only wrecking the lower tiers cos im not there.....yet. Im like chuck norris, i decide what ladder to massacre and what position i want, its usually #1 lol!

Lastly my post was wonderful. If anyone has a problem ill spin you a yarn about mobiles treasure island and speys cave of 1000 regrets. ^__________________________________________^

556.gif

edit:
(fun fact: i am actually insane lolol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back