• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    One day you'll get over your Shedinja obsession.

btw guys as you can see the server is down, who wants to take bets on how many days it'll be? I'm betting at max 3, at min 2. y/y?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Again? I hardly even bother going there anymore because whenever I do there's either NOBODY or it's down :/

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • lol yoshikko

The server will be up until people start being active here again lol.
    Btw, why were the clans closed? o.O

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Uhh the three main clans aren't closed? Other clans get closed because they need to be approved of first.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uhh the three main clans aren't closed? Other clans get closed because they need to be approved of first.

No they're meant to be closed or something idek anymore. Tis why I haven't been posting in Sacred anyways.

OH WAIT NEVERMIND THEY ARE YAY. Yoshi don't mislead meeeeee.

And sorry xdom that you caught the server at a bad time. ;; Stay around though it'll work soon!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hay Wolf, apparently paragraph-is-too-long-bot is back, as well as flood bot and caps bot. Remove please? :3

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't really do PO too much but if people were willing to play/try doubles that's what I'm interested in... I have wifi teams ready of course but I can make a PO team in ten minutes if someone wanted to try it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    SORRY MAC BUT THIS INPORTANT. Anyone think sacred beast formes of Tornadus/Landorus will stay in OU? And who'll be first to go to ubers etc. Discuss!! See more on uh Serebii.

Years
  • SORRY MAC BUT THIS INPORTANT. Anyone think sacred beast formes of Tornadus/Landorus will stay in OU? And who'll be first to go to ubers etc. Discuss!! See more on uh Serebii.

I was trying to avoid spoilers but oh well.

Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense
    Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack
    Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack

Well Thundurus itself is Uber and if its Speed stays as is and it retains Nasty Plot and its coverage moves, then it could find it's way to Uber, either that or both formes end up getting unbanned.

Landorus beast formecould potentially make Uber if the power increase is huge or it gets Sand Rush or something, but it's unlikely, OU probably.

No way Tornadus's forme is going to Uber, probably UU maybe RU.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oops sorry ;; didn't think of spoilers!

But I think with the speed boost and defences boost Tornadus could become an issue for players. Idk it depends by how much though if it's by like 50 or so that could still be annoying and make it a good revenge killer :(

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I can see Thundurus stayed banned and also the banning of Landorus, to be honest. Tornadus is pathetic so it might stay the same if not go lower, but prankster is a nasty ability so it might stay in OU. I'm interested to see how it turns out, as always... the new game will bring changes to all of the metagames, even mine (VGC). I can't wait to find out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not really pathetic in rain tbh. Give it screens support, specs w/ modest (if the boosts help it outspeed even Jolteon lool) and with these new changes to its stats it'd be pretty awesome. As it is it's already 5th fastest, so add to that and give it better defenses so it can last longer? Yes plz.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Not really pathetic in rain tbh. Give it screens support, specs w/ modest (if the boosts help it outspeed even Jolteon lool) and with these new changes to its stats it'd be pretty awesome. As it is it's already 5th fastest, so add to that and give it better defenses so it can last longer? Yes plz.

Yeah, I know, but in comparison it's just not as good. I use it in the rain occasionally, but I don't really play singles anymore... I can't stand how long the battles take, omg!

Years
  • Not really pathetic in rain tbh. Give it screens support, specs w/ modest (if the boosts help it outspeed even Jolteon lool) and with these new changes to its stats it'd be pretty awesome. As it is it's already 5th fastest, so add to that and give it better defenses so it can last longer? Yes plz.

I think he's referring to the fact that Tornadus's new forme will be pathetic since you're giving Defense to a pure flying type which is a more offensively oriented typing than a defensive one. I don't think the genies will get a stat boost; I think some of their existing stats will be changed, o at least that's what the article implied, so I wouldn't be surprised if Tornadus's spread was changed to like 79/70/125/80/115/111

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    How do you guys stand the 30+ turn battles in singles? I know PO makes it better, but still!! It drives me insane. I am so spoiled by my 8 turn max battles in doubles xD

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • I had a stall war with probably almost around 100 turns once lol xD
    If you want a reeeeeeeeeeeaaaally long stall match I suggest using some guy like Skarm/Bliss/Chans/Jellicent with Softboiled and match them up against other Stall/Tank pokes xD

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I had a stall war with probably almost around 100 turns once lol xD
    If you want a reeeeeeeeeeeaaaally long stall match I suggest using some guy like Skarm/Bliss/Chans/Jellicent with Softboiled and match them up against other Stall/Tank pokes xD

Oh man, no thanks xD In doubles, a stall battle is around twelve to fifteen turns xD That's long enough for me. But I don't do stall.

I find long battles fun sometimes, and I guess the satisfaction of victory is enough to be worth it.

That makes sense, but to each his own. Would anyone be interested in perhaps playing some doubles on PO sometime?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back