• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I personally miss the Pokétch. I mean, its cool how you can now have all of the menu options on the lower screen (and it does make it a little more convenient), but I do miss my ability to track the roaming legendaries without having to open up the Pokégear or my ability to see the time without leaving the current screen.

What they should have done was make the PokéGear so it keeps many of the good features of the Pokétch, while maintaining PokéGear functionality. For example, instead of the apps being in greyscale, they would be revamped to full color. In addition, it would come with buttons on the side (not as big as the app changing buttons, or maybe on the other side) to switch immediately to the Menu and whatnot, with additional information or a better display for everything expanding to a second screen. That would be ideal.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    I actually liked lucas' outfit from DPPt, but I don't like Lyra as much as Krys. Lyra's outfit is a little creepy

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Disappointed with Kanto?

I'm playing Soul Silver and have been battling through the Kanto gyms and obviously traveling around it but it just seems kind of quickly put together, they're isn't much to do besides the gyms, there are hardly houses you can go in, (for instance the house which a TR grunt was in and you were given dig in FRLG) is now sealed so you can't go in. The gyms aren't hugely challenging and many routes seems shorted or less populated with trainers than prior games.

Maybe its just my opinion but it just seems kind of less thought about, it must of had to loose people/places for Battle Frointier but I would have prefered a full Kanto and no BF

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Have you played any of the originals? This is exactly how it is in the original Gold & Silver. They did expand quite a bit of Kanto from what it was before, but not everything is going to be so. Sorry, but it is what it is.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I'm playing Soul Silver and have been battling through the Kanto gyms and obviously traveling around it but it just seems kind of quickly put together, they're isn't much to do besides the gyms, there are hardly houses you can go in, (for instance the house which a TR grunt was in and you were given dig in FRLG) is now sealed so you can't go in. The gyms aren't hugely challenging and many routes seems shorted or less populated with trainers than prior games.

Maybe its just my opinion but it just seems kind of less thought about, it must of had to loose people/places for Battle Frointier but I would have prefered a full Kanto and no BF

I don't remember not being able to go in a lot of houses in Gold and Silver, but then again I didn't play those much. I doubt it was too rushed, more likely that they were running out of room. I mean, they added new sprites for every pokemon so it could follow behind you, and they had to add another whole region, so it's a lot more stuff than D/P/Pl.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    You have one level 9 Pokemon and you're after Goldenrod?!?

The title is sorta ambigus xD

But some levels in the game are really strange, you seem to find trainers with levels 7-9 all the way up to Eucrutek which is annoying for leveling up and its just strange, then suddenly you have Gym leaders with 30/35. The levels in the game seem to either jump hugely or not much.
    Has anyone else noticed these?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I know , and that bugs my Typhlosion a whole bunch ... :/

Wait until Kanto and die ... *Random Level 8 Ratatta appeared ! Go Level 60 Typhlosion ! Ratatta used Epicfailsuicide ! Typhlosion earned 0.0000000001 Exp. Pts. !* . That has to be hell ): .

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Shouldn't this be part of the complaints thread?

and Kanto is bigger than it was in G/S/C. Just the idea of going to Kanto is nice; I don't mind that it's not done to the fullest, like the main region of the game, Johto, was done.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    lol I hate this, too; the game doesn't progress very well level-wise. I've just learnt to use the grass outsisde of Ekruteak. It gives a lot of experience :\ Ratticates, Miltanks, Tauros, etc. I've leveled four Pokemon to 37 there.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    At least we get something better from Battle Zone/Sevii Isles . :)

Honestly , GSC were hits because they had 2 regions . Same for HGSS . And I love it , even though it ain't 100% HGSS experience ! (:

The only thing which bugs me in Kanto are the LEVELS ! *Lv. 8 Ratatta appeared* :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Merged your disappointment with Kanto and the low levels in the Complaints Thread.

Kanto's region wasn't rushed in the remakes, more so it was reflected upon the originals. However, they have extended Kanto to say compared to before, and even though it does seem fast paced still, it has gotten more since GSC. As for the levels however, I feel they could have been raised, especially in Kanto, but I guess it was just their way of adjusting to two regions in one game. :\ Still, I've been balancing my team fairly well regardless of the low levels.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    I dont like the fact that the legendary beasts can still flee even when I put them to sleep, it makes catching them even more of a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    I don't like how I can't tell if an Item levels up in the Safari Zone. And how long I have to keep them out to have them level up to a certain amount. :P

Last edited:

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    Was anyone else disappointed with the changes to lavender town? That place used to be really creepy, and they changed that, Even the creepy music and the little girl who says "do you believe in ghosts".

Back