• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Happened to me with Houndour. I barely found those, and then I had 3 in a row, all females. It honestly doesn't matter tbh though.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    ...any particular reason why you need a male Scyther when gender has been proven to have no effect on a pokemon's stats and movepool (except for the few evolution cases, which Scyther isn't one)?

I am never satisfied with a Pokemon unless every aspect of it is exactly the way I want it so I see where he is coming from.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    ...any particular reason why you need a male Scyther when gender has been proven to have no effect on a pokemon's stats and movepool (except for the few evolution cases, which Scyther isn't one)?

Since he mentioned breeding, I assume he wants one to pass on egg moves.

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
  • For me, some Pokemon need to be of a particular gender (Likely due to common gender traits and stereotypes) or they just won't feel right. For example; female Graveller or male Gardevoir. Perhaps he has similar feelings about Scyther?

Arnheln

A Metapod killed my family...
    Years
  • Akiyo is spot on. I see certain Pokemon as certain genders. I see Groudon as Male and Kyogre as Female. I see Ninetails as Female and Arcanine as Male. Its annoying I know but I don't feel happy with a team unless I think the genders suit the Pokemon.

Last edited:

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I honestly see Kingdra as female, for example. I always nickname it Princess or something along the lines of nobility.

Anyway, I haven't found anything that has made me unhappy about this game yet. I find it superb thus far.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Red+Hail=Fail

Ok so i doubt many of you have gotten to Red yet, but i did today and...well i was dissapointed, my Team consisted of Typlosion, Pidgot, Donphan, Azumarill, Mamoswine and Scizor, they where all between Lv.80 and Lv.90 and i beat Red, and sure i was happy to beat him but i felt dissapointed at the same time, the Hail took out Red's Charizard really not me and it took a huge chunk out of the health of his other Pokemon too, i really felt let down by this fight, it would have been awesome but they added Hail, which seems to do most of the work.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I was wondering how that would impact the match. If you want to retry I suppose you could bring a sunny day-er or some such. That's what I'll do.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I'm happy with anything that makes the game more realistic and nice to play. The match against Red was never as exciting as simply the fact he's there to me. I mean, pretty much any online battle will be harder.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    well i think the hail is an awsome idea.... since hes at the top of the mountian and its a challenge for you and red because it takes some of your damage and reds....!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Merged the Red+Hail = Fail thread in here, seems more appropriate (and less might be spoiled!), agreeing with Deano (Horizon), though.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • I guess if you don't like the hail you could always use something else Like rain dance. I might use rain dance just because Rain makes everything epic :p

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Before you battle Red, and if you haven't before, then you would think having him in the Blizzard would be a disadvantages against him, as well as you at times. However, as Horizon had mentioned, three of his Pokémon know Blizzard and with the Snow Storm it allows a perfect accuracy for the move. Not to mention, his new Lapras included in his team is immune to the weather effect.

The range in difficulty against Red also depends on how strong your team is as well. Different aspects play different parts in a battle, and noting your team you used against him, it seemed well developed enough to put up a good enough match against Red, making it a pretty easy win for your side.

Years
  • Never saw the complaints thread uptill now...

Pokemon League and Pokemon League v2 were both to weak =/
    The first time I used roughly 7 full restores and I solo'd with Typhlosion.
    The second time I solo'd all the way to Lance without any potions untill his Dragonite killed my Typhlosion after that I used my own Dragonite to kill his...

Lance became weaker since Fire Red/Leaf Green, I can remember him being a pain to kill...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Let's see:

Kris is replaced by a dumb dirl with a dumber outfit
    The Battle frontier is 100% the same as in Platinum
    Goldenrods music sucks
    Jasmines gym is still boring and pointless without trainers or puzzles
    There is absolutely no way to turn the follow feature off
    Kanto is still boring
    And where the heck is the white rock in Kanto Oak mentioned back in DPPt during the Shaymin event

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • And where the heck is the white rock in Kanto Oak mentioned back in DPPt during the Shaymin event
    No one has come across the White Rock mentioned by Prof. Oak back in DPPt during the Shaymin event. It is speculated that this same rock might have something to do with a future event, but currently not much information is known noting how again, no one has found it yet.

As for your other complaints, all I can say is this:

...Kris was never replaced noting how she was never originally in Gold and Silver. So, seeing how this is a GS remake and not a Crystal remake alone, then a new female technically wouldn't be replacing anyone from before.

...Battle Frontier has remained the same for compatability reasons with DPPt. However, I do agree it could have at least gotten new Faclity Brains.

...Goldenrod music, we all have our own opinions on this one.

...Jasmine's Gym in the original GSC never had any trainers or puzzle from the start. The reason being is because to get to her you must fulfill the quest on getting the Potion to heal Ampharos.

...The Following Feature, no it isn't optional like some may have wanted, but there's nothing I can say about that.

...Kanto has grown to its original size since FRLG. So, I wouldn't say it is completely boring as before as there are new things to complete within the region alone. It has been improved greatly since the originals though.

Back