• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    why i cant see anything in summary its all blank and when i learn moveset after leveling the text disappears in battle its frustrating

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2024
    So you can imagine Strength affecting a Ghost type? Idk...
    it was the best i could think up, a move completely unaffected by the type chart seems interesting
    and you already used the best buff i could think of for strength on cut
    i was thinking more about the utility that the move could provide then the logistics of what the move supposedly does in the game world

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2022
    Hi there, Anyone making video on how to or way to evolve dorumon and sword shoutmon as I'm new to pokemon game.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi there, Anyone making video on how to or way to evolve dorumon and sword shoutmon as I'm new to pokemon game.

No video necessary, just follow these steps 🙂

First things first:
    Buy a Harbour Mail from the Herb Shop in Lavaridge Town.
    Head back to Mauville and visit the house next to the game corner. Talk to the lady inside and she'll trade you a coin case for the Harbour Mail.
    Hit the game corner and gamble your ass off. Once you have enough coins you can buy an item called a Mega Bracelet. Once you have this item, you're good to go.

Dorumon:
    Make sure you have the Mega Bracelet.
    In the sunken ship off Route 108 you will find an item called "X-Antibody." Allow Dorumon to hold that item.
    In battle, press the start button and select an attack. Dorumon will then warp digivolve into Alphamon for that battle. But be aware, after the battle Dorumon will de-digivolve back into Dorimon. It will need to gain a level to evolve back into Dorumon before it can use the X-Antibody again.

SwordShoutmon:
    Make sure you have the Mega Bracelet.
    Defeat Team Magma at Meteor Falls. Interact with the machine they were messing with to obtain the Meteorite.
    In one of the houses in Fallarbor Town you'll find Professor Cozmo. Give him the meteorite and he'll reward you with an item called a "Xross Code."
    Allow SwordShoutmon to hold that item. In battle, press the start button and select an attack. SwordShoutmon will then warp digivolve into ShoutmonX3SD for that battle. But be aware, after the battle SwordShoutmon will de-digivolve back into Shoutmon. It will need to gain a level to evolve back into SwordShoutmon before it can use the Xross Code again.

Since both Alphamon and ShoutmonX3SD are "warp digivolutions" (Mega Evolutions in Pokemon speak), they do not have entries in the DigiDex (Pokedex). They're considered "secret" mons.

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
    The Route 104 Rich Boy affects me too. I'm using mGBA and your download from page 1.

Also if I'm allowed to ask is there any way of seeing the mon's abilities? The attached excel sheet doesn't show them and there are a couple mons I really wish I could change the ability on if they had two (lookin' at you, Seadramon line)

Since you're obviously posting I would like to know if there's an update to the ability question that I have raised previously, thank you kindly.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Since you're obviously posting I would like to know if there's an update to the ability question that I have raised previously, thank you kindly.

Seeing the mon's abilities? Are you asking for documentation?

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    Duly noted! I should be able to fix these in the next update.

Hi I've just recently started the emerald project. Idk if I have an older version of if you just weren't able to fix the item issue. But I too have the "?????" Item from moonmon and I've also picked up 2 "new item" items. When I click on them the game does the "your dad's advice" line. Are they key items? And do I absolutely need them to progress the game? I know they aren't for digivolving any mon but they must be for something. Because the second "new item" is given after returning the meteorite where you would normally receive to return.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi I've just recently started the emerald project. Idk if I have an older version of if you just weren't able to fix the item issue. But I too have the "?????" Item from moonmon and I've also picked up 2 "new item" items. When I click on them the game does the "your dad's advice" line. Are they key items? And do I absolutely need them to progress the game? I know they aren't for digivolving any mon but they must be for something. Because the second "new item" is given after returning the meteorite where you would normally receive to return.

That's from an old version.

Man, I don't mind third-party websites hosting my game, but I really wish they'd host the most recent version. 🙃

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
    Seeing the mon's abilities? Are you asking for documentation?

Yes. I'm using the documentary you provided in page 1 but it's missing the abilities, which I think would be nice to have. I might not be the only one, either, especially on pokemon which can evolve into two completely different abilities (I'm looking at Dolphmon/Pukumon line here as an example, a mon which I've used with great success).

I don't think adding them into the provided sheet is too time consuming personally but that could just be me?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes. I'm using the documentary you provided in page 1 but it's missing the abilities, which I think would be nice to have. I might not be the only one, either, especially on pokemon which can evolve into two completely different abilities (I'm looking at Dolphmon/Pukumon line here as an example, a mon which I've used with great success).

I don't think adding them into the provided sheet is too time consuming personally but that could just be me?

Noted! Thanks for your input.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    Unsure if this is a bug or not but I have been trying to get into the Safari Zone but when I tried to talk to the girl at the Lilygrove Contest Center that gives the Pokeblock Case but she just constantly say "Congratulations! Your Digimon is the Contest Winner! We have a prize right here. Please, right this way!" over and over again unless the Pokeblock Case is obtained somewhere else.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi
    I'm currently ~15 hrs in a 2.3 playthrough. I tried updating, but my 2.3 savedata gives "The save file has been deleted..." when I get to the main menu. Is there any way to import savedata over to 3.0, or should I just start a new save? I've tried on two different emulators (mGBA and GbaRunner2) and got the same results with both. Either way, thanks for your hard work, this has been a lot of fun to play through and I look forward to (eventually) finishing both this and the emerald version.

Good to know! I can patch this in the next update if more glitches become apparent.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The patch file has an extension of .ups not .ips so I can't really use it with the LunarIPS patcher, any chance that it was not intended to be like that?

Edit: NVM used the link you provided in the instructions in the first page, but here's another issue, when I try to view the info of the Digimon, it doesn't show their abilities or even the move names, its blank in their info screen, provided that I just started playing it, but their info screen is vastly different from your screenshots in the first page

Edit2: Found another, I was using the PC box, and the game glitched out when trying to view my deposited digimons, like the first was I was able to see a non-existent Digimon using the circle with a question mark, then when I tried again its now an egg and the game crashed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Just started playing this not too long ago and it's been pretty fun. Mostly just messing around with catching everything and seeing what they all evolve in to for the moment. Also realised that (unless this has been changed and I missed it) all the shops have the same items so selling the Harbor Mail means I can't get the Coin Case later on. Took a chance and loaded the save file on PKHaX. To my surprise, it let me edit everything as if it was a regular Pokemon game. Added the item back on a mon, exported the save. Ended up corrupting the save so that no longer works. File was backed up so nothing was lost but was worth a shot.

Edit: Patamon is apparently a Cool type, according to the game. lol

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The patch file has an extension of .ups not .ips so I can't really use it with the LunarIPS patcher, any chance that it was not intended to be like that?

Edit: NVM used the link you provided in the instructions in the first page, but here's another issue, when I try to view the info of the Digimon, it doesn't show their abilities or even the move names, its blank in their info screen, provided that I just started playing it, but their info screen is vastly different from your screenshots in the first page

Edit2: Found another, I was using the PC box, and the game glitched out when trying to view my deposited digimons, like the first was I was able to see a non-existent Digimon using the circle with a question mark, then when I tried again its now an egg and the game crashed

You're using the wrong emulator.

Just started playing this not too long ago and it's been pretty fun. Mostly just messing around with catching everything and seeing what they all evolve in to for the moment. Also realised that (unless this has been changed and I missed it) all the shops have the same items so selling the Harbor Mail means I can't get the Coin Case later on. Took a chance and loaded the save file on PKHaX. To my surprise, it let me edit everything as if it was a regular Pokemon game. Added the item back on a mon, exported the save. Ended up corrupting the save so that no longer works. File was backed up so nothing was lost but was worth a shot.

Edit: Patamon is apparently a Cool type, according to the game. lol

Harbour Mail can be purchased at the Herb Shop. :)

Good catch on Patamon. I'll patch it in the next update.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Harbour Mail can be purchased at the Herb Shop. :)

Oh right on. Thanks for that little tip. :p I was looking around on the base Emerald game and found that there's another one on the ground (unless you've changed it) in the Abandoned Ship. I was gonna play through until that point before asking again about it... Or actually reading the entire thread...

Great work on this, by the way! Wasn't expecting to find a Digimon rom hack when I looked up "Pokemon rom hacks to play" the other day but here we are. Thanks, Gamerant.

Back