• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer/OS Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkie90

You can call me PK!
Years
How much might that 256mb cost? And umm. Why wouldn't my computer be able to take the 1 gb? Would i need to buy something so that it would be able to take it?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Arwen said:
Well, is it possible if you overclock your processor and it can go on fire? I will be terrorified if it happens.
Actually, if you have a computer from Dell Gateway HP etc, you can?t overclock. You?d have to swap out the motherboard. The ones in major manufacture?s computers are built with Intel. It basically means they are stable, but can never be overclocked.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
Arwen said:
Well, is it possible if you overclock your processor and it can go on fire? I will be terrorified if it happens.

They don't go on fire, they explode.

punkie90 said:
Well, Where is the best place to buy ram.. How much would 1 gb costs? or 300 mb?

I only buy corsair memory (corsairmemory.com) but Crucial's lookup feature is good for finding out how much RAM your computer can address.

Arwen said:
No, Each computer has a max of memory that it can take... add too much will make your computer refuse to start up.

A stick of 256MB is around 60-80 dollars

The price depends on the manufacter, memory type, etc. I paid $200-300 (can't recall the exact price, I think it was $294 but I am not sure) for my two 512MB sticks.

Arwen said:
Well, hopefully... it doesn't happen on my IBM... because it's 5 years old. o.o

You didn't overclock it and you can't overclock it if you wanted to so don't worry.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
punkie90 said:
Where can I get Crucials?

Crucial.com

Btw, I didn't recommend Crucial's memory, I recommended using thier lookup tool to find out how much RAM your PC can support.

Vito Winstrate said:
So have any of you been to the iTunes Music Store?
I should give you all iTunes Certificates and Allowances... $5.00 for Kairi, $2 for Arwen, 99c for Shining Arcanine... just joking. But if I was in America I would...

No, I go to Walmart and only buy a couple of songs. 88 cents a song. :D Seeing 88 cent charges on my mastercard were a first. lol

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
How is Wal*Mart?s selection anyways? I?m just curious. Seeing how everyone has to have a music service, next Bisquik? @_@;

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Kazaa is bad news so dont go near it. I have my school's File-Sharer which is perfectly legal lol ^_^, Im so Special .....

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
We were talking about legal ones where you pay money for each track you receive. ^_^

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Oh LOL, my school's is legal you dont have to pay though, its more like a briefcase than a file-sharer, Because each student gets 10mb worth of space for there Online Portfolio but you can still access your friends file on it.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
Vito Winstrate said:
It's only 11c more...
Attached is a screenshot of the only thing that turned up when I searched for "Pok?mon" in the iTunes Music Store. I can actually preview the songs before I buy them.

Click to enlarge.

Walmart gives 30 second previews of the music in its store. I just had to get the pokemon song from the chipmunk album because of that. lol

Q Man

Erm...
Years
I rarely, if ever, download music. Its everybody else in my family (especially my 3-years-older brother and my stepdad that do most of the downloading)... I just grab what interests me from them...

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
Arwen said:
I buy the actual CD instead of downloading it for free. I don't have the suffificent connections to buy and download any music...

I pay for the things that I download.

Vito Winstrate said:
My Apple Developer Connection Newsletter came in again.
Here's a link to an article on Apple.com's Press Release Section about the music store's popularity.
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003/dec/15itunes.html
If you want your site to follow web standards, try this tip page.
http://developer.apple.com/internet/bestwebdev.html

Of course Apple would say that it is popular. It is their store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back