• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Concept Regional PokeDex - Seeking Feedback

TheFandomPerson

Overgrown Emo Kid
    Years
    Let me preface this by saying that I've been awake for over 24 hours and I'm ever-so-slightly delirious.

Earlier today (yesterday) I had this riveting train of thought:

Pokemon fan games are awesome, I wanna make one :D
    I can't afford RMXP until next month D:
    I'm gonna brainstorm my regional Pokedex first because if I don't get it out of my brain then I won't be able to sleep! :D: YEAH!

So I did. I couldn't find a Pokedex building app or website, so I just went down this page on Bulbapedia and added Pokemon names to a Google Doc. Did you know if you open 30+ tabs of Bulbapedia with your Adblock paused, the pages start to crash? Which reminds me, I should probably pause it again.

But what I'm trying to say is, if anyone is willing to point out what I'm missing or what I did wrong, I'd be very grateful and I'd appreciate the advice. I've never done anything like this before.

If a Pokemon's name is in italics, it's because I'm on the fence about adding it!

Inane ramblings under the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Do you already have an idea how you want to design the region? depending on that you could focus on different type of pokemon. E.g. if you add a lot of snowy routes you'd need more ice types or if you add a big desert you might want to add more ground types and so on.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    try this: https://pokedextracker.com/
    it's meant to keep track of your pokedex completion in game, but can be used to plan a pokedex too.
    it's easier to see the pokemon visually.
    here's a tip: make sure you have at least 2 lines of each type in the pokedex, with one being "usable". (don't make the only grass types sunflora and hoppip)
    two and not one, so players aren't forced to use a specific pokemon (like ponyta in Diamond/Pearl).
    try to imagine yourself/ the average pokemon player going through the routes, by order. which pokemon are in your party? is there a good pokemon to help in the next gym? what TMs would be useful?

Back