• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contamination (A crossover RP o.o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    David and I are once again collaborating to bring you RPs. Rejoice, or die. ^-^

This RP begins in the world some would know as the teen titans. Some time ago, Slade had discovered a beta technology that allowed him to travel to other worlds, and thus allow him to gather more individuals of unusual talent, or new technology to use in his conquest. However, this technology was flawed, occasionally causing the "worlds" to mix, combine, or trade off places, people, ect. By the time that the titans have noticed this, their world, edge city in paticular has a number of strange locations surrounding it, not to mention a number of... unique, individuals.

Now they gather all the help that is willing, deciding to try to track down slade in groups, and hopefully take him down, despite his new power, and though their following him could likely damage the worlds even further, at this point, slade must be stopped at any cost...

And of course, the form.

Name:
    Powers: (optional)
    Personality: (required)
    History: (optional)
    World of origin: (On another note, you can be any sort of character you want, be it existing or unique, but if you want to play one of the existing titans, you'll need approval via PM.)
    other: (anything I forgot, because it's been too long since I've done this. @_@)
    RP sample: Typical rules apply

Name: Mysia

Powers: The ability to transform into a wolf at will, however under full moon she can take no control of her actions, and is forcefully turned into a beast similiar to her wolf form, however much more terrible and larger than her usual form. She is to be avoided during that time, and can change during other times as well if placed in the wrong conditions. If put under pressure or agititated enough, or even the scent of animal blood can bring the strange wolf forth from her, and she would be out of control. And not even then, for occasionally the wolf gets the best of her and forces her out of her human form until she can regain strength or the creature is knocked unconcious.

Another power is the ability to communicate with animals. Not only wolves, but of all sorts, whether it being winged, finned, or furred. She also can run abnormally fast and is stronger than she seems.

Personality: There's no telling how this girl would act when put into a situation. She can be either cheerfully annoying going on about how wonderful life is and talk and talk about it for hours on end. However, she also has a "my life sucks" moments and a solemn, "let me be" moment. Her temper is also testy, so even if you want to tear her voice box out after she going on and on about something, yelling at her would only cause her to snap and start snarling rather rude comments in her native language or transform into her wolf form and try to tear out your throat. In general, she's the average female teenager.

History: Born onto Lyplew, however her parents abandoned her shortly after birth. Yet, this is normal upon her planet, for it is the only way to find if the Lypullian (Those are the inhabitants...o.0) is worthy to live by having the animal that matches their own counterpart take them under her wing. And so it would be, she was accepted into a pack consisting of a vast quantity of wolves in the forest of Gre'on. There she lived, learning how to cope with the strangeness of her counterpart, for it was very rare for there to be a side effect, and Mysia had one. Her side effect was the obvious fact that the wolf was stronger than most animal counterparts. The wolves had no fear of this side effect, under no condition would a wolf hurt another unless absolutely necessary. However, other Lypullians had much to fear with her faulty side effect, and once she was thirteen (the usual age of being welcomed into a tribe) not one would take her.

World of origin: Lyplew. A rather strange place where its inhabitants are born with an animal counterpart that they can transform to on will. It is a strage land, where all animals that once lived on earth and still live on earth thrive. Meaning that there are creatures ranging from dinosaurs to little furry bunnies in different habitats. The world ranges from dense rainforests to open plains, and the likes.

other: Her hair is a light silver, and shines and feels like fine silk. Her canines are pointed oddly, and two wolf ears potrude oddly from her head. Her eyes are a deep yellow and wolf-like, but other than that her features remain the same as any human being's. She stands around 5'8", and is slender yet muscular.

RP sample: *T'was a pity your own kind did not accept you back with open arms...* a friend wolf of her's said as they sat, watching the crystal blue of the waterfall cascade down into the equally crystal blue Br'aean pond. Koi fish flit around the spot where the water gurgles happily from the falls, and a small Dodo hops his way to take a drink.

*Hmf...must you remind me, Gra?* Mysia sighs, leaning back on the ground as she feels the cool grass in contrast the the dank heat that usual followed in the long summers in Lyplew. *It isn't my fault it's...Her fault.*

Gra nods, knowing quite well who She was. The black wolf suddenly crouches low, and pounces skillfully on the Dodo with an easy leap, and quickly cracks the fragile neck. Shaking his head, *Too easy,* was murmured and he began to eat his fill. He trotted over to Mysia once again, as a proud dog might have done, and places his head upon her lap.

*Now why did you do that?* Inquires she, rubbing him between the ears as she watches two chicken-sized dinosaurs fighting over the remains.

*I was hungry, and it is a natural impulse to kill for our species. You have that too, when you're Her, but in this form you can restrain yourself from such a feeling...* sighs he, almost in a disappointed way as though he was upset with the fact.

Mysia gives a small sigh in a thoughtful way, and Gra pulls his head away from her legs as she pulls her knees close against her chest.

Last edited:
    Name: Kali

Powers: Kali has the power of a Dragon. The world she comes from is home to Drakens, a human/dragon half breed that is born with a Dragon counterpart as well as Dragon-like powers. Due to her origin, she has been given the power of one element, in her case Ice and the power to control her Dragon counterpart as well as transform into the dragon of her element. She sounds a strong ally, but in reality, her transformations and summoning of her dragon counterpart takes much concentration and energy and so limits her to only doing these things when she is in great need, the chances of her accomplishing these are rather slim, but are known to happen. These powers can be made possible and easier through being present in a place with high concentration of her element (Ice).

Personality: Kali is exactly what her element proclaims her to be, cold and hard as ice. She doesn't trust others easily and is as they say 'a hard nut to crack' when under pressure. She takes things in strides, controlling her emotions and only using her powers when needed. To most she comes across as uncaring, and she most probably is in most situation, but she's guaranteed to do anything in her power to help those in need…that is if she feels up to it, other than that, her only real concern is to herself and her dragon counterpart. Bad luck having to travel with her guy's.

History: Kali was born on her home planet of Acroven, and still lives there to this day with her family and friends. Her normal day life consists of training within the ancient temples with her martial arts master and harnessing her powers to become stronger for the future. Her Dragon counterpart, Sheik have never been separated, and he has always travelled along side her and kept watch over her even in the dark of night. Her parents and their dragon counterparts have always aided them through their hardships in life and never once turned their backs on them. They continue to be up to this day, an inspirable family.

World of origin: Acroven. (Description given in 'Powers' Section)

Other: None

Permission to play as an existing character confirmed, so angry mobs don't start yelling at me.

Name: Jinx

Age: Her age is never specified in the anime, but somewhere around the teens? No pun intended~

Powers: Her powers are put vaguely in the terms of the anime, but in the comics, she is an elemental sorceress with the power to harness elements such as the air, with the manipulation of magical energy to manifest them into bolts, ability to dissolve matter, and create ground tremors. In the anime, I?m assuming her powers are to bring about bad luck to her foes. This is never really explained, although wikipedia tells me it?s probably due to entropy. If she wants to cause bad luck, she sends out a wave of pink energy from her hands. It usually causes solid structures to break apart. Many consider her a counterpart to Raven, due to their magical abilities.

Personality: At first, I thought she was being a flirtatious little girl with evil little intentions. Well, she did have evil intentions when she was still a member of the H.I.V.E organization and the brotherhood. I think I view Jinx as somewhat mysterious and playful, if not obscured. Her character portrayal, I heard, was greatly brought out during the episode Lightspeed, which I sadly could not see. If anyone could help me out here, I'd be ecstatic. She's pretty much a straightforward character with few sarcastic quirks of her own and a steady disposition.

History: As I said in the personality, she was originally part of H.I.V.E and the brotherhood. Later (spoilers) she turns against them and manages to attain her role as an honorary titan member with the help of Kid Flash. I don't know more and I don't know less. ._.

World of origin: The existing one.

Other: Yes. You forgot the appearance. >__>; This is Jinx, in the anime. I hate the comic version. ><

edit- permission to play as another existing character, Robin, confirmed~

Name: Robin

Powers: Well, it should be pretty obvious. He uses nothing but various tyles of martial arts, and often uses it with the help of weapons, such as the bo or those flying thingies that look strangely like shurikens attached with strings. XD

Personality: Very determined and blunt. He contains great leadership and despite having said about his 'going solo' in the beginning, Robin has become quite fond of the other's company. Mostly he gets irked by daily, normal things. He can get overworked easily if no one stops him, and Robin is...very possessive of his goals and angers easily when not confronted with problems. When not in the issue of world-saving, like any other teenage boy, he plays video games, has verbal arguments and etc..

History: He was originally like an 'apprentice' to Batman, or..gah why am I explaining this. Basically he left Batman and created the Teen Titans. End of story.

World of origin: The existing one.

Other: You all know what the boy wonder looks like.

Is this alright? o_O;

Last edited:
    Name: Jirae
    Powers: Jirae was an apprentice of Trigon when Trigon was first starting his whole universal domination gig. Jirae was scheduled to help take over Azarath in exchange for a "seat on the throne" so to speak, however when Trigon decided he'd much rather use his own daughter to take over the universe, Jirae was more or less forgotten. Before he was forgotten, though, Trigon did teach him a few of his spells. Jirae quickly conformed those to his own style and became a very good flame wielder. In addition to being able to summon flame beasts like Trigon (though Jirae can usually only summon one or two at a time), Jirae can also superheat the ground beneath his feet and turn it into lava. The superheating takes a while to cover more ground, but if given enough time, it's reach is quite far. A more immediate use for this is to follow it up with his third power, he can walk and sink through lava, magma, and the like. Additionally, he learned very briefly from Raven a little bit of how to move objects with his mind.
    Personality: Jirae's flame powers are quite fitting, as he is a very hot-tempered young man. he is randomly enraged at even the slightest thing, people usually stay away from Jirae due to his explosive nature. On the contrary, however, when not mad, Jirae can be a very cool and levelheaded person. Some people even say he has a split personality.
    History: A bit of it was covered in the Powers section. He was born on Azarath, where he trained under Trigon for some time. He was still a small boy when Raven was born, so he did not understand why Trigon was abandoning him. As he grew older, he began to learn why he had been shunned by his teacher. This caused Jirae to become angry, and many times he tried to attack Trigon. Feeling pity on his "pathetic former apprentice", Trigon would always spare Jirae's life and merely lecture him, telling him he could never win. Jirae took this as an incentive and continued to train his fire powers. When Raven turned about 5 and was able to move things with her mind efficiently, she began teaching Jirae, as she had been friends with him for about a year then. When Raven left Azarath, Jirae was forced to say goodbye to his friend, as he remained on Azarath. Trigon took over, and all Jirae could think was "Why didn't he let me help?" This wonder soon turned to sorrow, which soon turned to anger, which soon turned to hatred. He decided he would stop at nothing to defeat Trigon. When he got word that the Teen Titans had succeeded in this task, he ventured to earth to seek them out, and after demonstrating his power became an honorary member.
    World of origin: Azarath
    other: nope.
    RP sample:
    Me said:
    "Let me off the boat!" Jirae exclaimed. He was on a boat headed toward Port Toha, and he intended to get off there.
    "I don't think so. Don't think we don't know who you are." A big burly man replied, tying Jirae to a pole using some sturdy rope. "You've stolen something that Daein wants."
    "Stolen? I've never stolen anything in my life!" Jirae responded in a yell.
    "Don't try and lie to me, punk." The man said, reaching into Jirae's robe's pocket.
    "Watch it!" Jirae exclaimed, struggling to get free but to no avail. "Stupid humans..."
    "Humans?" The man questioned. "Hah! Don't be tryin' to lie about that too, kid. I can tell you're a Beorc, same as me."
    "I'm not the same as you," Jirae responded, "I'm not an idiot."
    "What did you say?!" The man shouted in a rage. "Look, kid, hand over what you stole and I won't have to hurt you!"
    "You should be worried about me hurting you, not the other way around." Jirae smirked. He flicked his wrist behind the pole, and the pole shot up in flames. The ropes burned and Jirae was freed.
    "This kid's a mage?!" The man said in surprise, staggering back. "Grr..." He reached behind him and pulled an axe out of a barrel. "That's it, you're dead, punk." He charged at Jirae, enraged.
    "Something you may want to consider for next time," Jirae said, dodging the reckless charge with ease, "Use magical rope." He flicked his hand outward, and a fireball hit the man, lighting his clothes on fire.
    "Argh! I'm on fire!" The man exclaimed, jumping off the edge of the boat and into the ocean. In response to the screaming, people began to come out of the cabins.
    "Hey! The prisoner's free!" One exclaimed.
    "Like I said, I'll be going now." Jirae said as the boat drifted into line with the Toha docks. He aimed a fireball at the ground beneath his feet and shot upward, agily landing on the docks. Water began shooting up through the hole he had created in the dock, and people aboard the ship began panicking frantically.
    "Wow." Jirae said. "That was lucky." He turned around and saw a group of people. "Oh, hello." Jirae said wandering up to them. "The name's Jirae, I'm a wandering mage."
    ---
    There's my registration, hope nothing's wrong with it ^^.

Last edited:
    Name: Reyna

Powers: Fire controling with combination of magic.

She can control and even make fire at will. She can make anything with it from blades to even small pets out of fire. She can even turn herself into fire and even found a way to teleport using it.

Personality: Reyna is much of a girly kind of girl. She like cute and fuzzy. She can be a bit of an airhead and dizzy. She sometime let her feeling get the best of her. She really loyal to her friends.

History:

World of origin: On an alter Earth reality.

Her world was just like earth but in an parellel universe. It is very simlar to earth.

other: She also have a small fox named Fugi.

Look: Reyna has deep red hair and tanned skin. She is thin. She wears a red bracet around both of her arms and armor on her chest. Reyna wears blue jeans and a pair of black boots on.

RP sample:

Reyna walked up to a large building. She was kind of scared and unsure if she should go in.

"Must I come here" she asked.

Fugi jumped upon her sholder and nodded.

"Ok. I guess you are right." said Reyna.

Reyna remember the day she gotten her powers. It was a rainy day and she was alone at home.

Then something was heard from the living room. There were two big men. Reyna was scared. She was home alone and didn't know what to do. One of the men grabbed her and tied her up.

She was scared and the guys were digging though her house. She then felt some heat in her fingers and the rope began to burn. Soon she was able to break free. The men looked at her. The began to shoot at her but a small fox appeared and melted their guns.

Reyna was abit scared but the men were even more scared. They ran out the house leaving their stuff. Reyna then petted the fox happily.

Ever since that day she had these strange powers to control and make fire. Fugi never left her side.

Name: None, though he is known as "The Mirror of Solitude"
    Powers: He is a Flame Haze, a being that battles the Tomagara in his world. Tomagara are beings from the Crimson Realm and steal the energy that forms the basis of this world, Existence, from the people living in this world and utilize it for their own selfish ambitions. Flame Hazes are the ones who seek the destruction of those Tomagara. By the hand of the Flame Hazes, these erased persons are turned into Torches in order to repair the strain on reality resulting from the actions of the Denizens. Torches take on the forms of those erased persons, but before long, they will vanish from the memories of the living. He gets his name from his special ability: he has the power to alter his structure to take the form of any Tomagara, though the Tomagara has to be before him, since the technique requires a reflection. While copying, he can use any of the Tomagara's abilities. However, if he was to catch the reflection of another Flame Haze, he would be trapped in that form for eternity.
    Personality: Shiney says I don't need this... oo;;
    History: (optional)
    World of origin: Earth (linked with the Crimson Realm)
    Appearance: He is a boy standing at about 5'11", and he has short, red hair and sapphire blue eyes. He isn't very muscular, though that isn't obvious as his body is covered in white robes that flow down over his feet. Concealed under his robes, however, is a large mirror, which he uses for his signature attack.

Name: Robin
    Powers: She uses martial arts, as well as several weapons and gadgets such as the staff, throwing weapons, ect.
    Appearance: Check the attachment
    History: To quote lily... "She was originally like an 'apprentice' to Batman, or..gah why am I explaining this. Basically he left Batman and created the Teen Titans. End of story."
    World of origin: An alternate version of the original teen titans world.
    other: >_>

Another note, I'll also have a second character show up later... >_>

Last edited:
    Burninating_Torchic said:
    uh...shiney, are you going to like say who's accepted and stuff?

OOC: Yes, I was, and start the RP too, but my parents interupted me. Everyone is accepted so far, but reyna, you're borderline, I'll be watching your posts, if you need advise or tips, feel free to PM me. and I'm still expecting one or two more signups. ;D

IC: I blinked, waking up in the middle of the street. "Wha the 'ell happened?" I muttered to myself, slurred from drowsyness. I got to my feet, and used my staff as a walkking stick until I got my balance. Something wasn't quite right....I made it to the tower in one piece, and by then, my head had clearred. I entered the access code on the door, and walked in, going up to my room. That's when I stopped dead. *EVERYTHING* was different in here. "What's going on?!" I practically screeched, and then heard footsteps outside..

Last edited:
    Cool! This looks like fun, I wanna join!

Name: Haruko Haruhara

Age: .... As the media has become increasingly annoying, I must answer this with no comment. Cough... she claims to be 19.

Powers: Well... she's an alien. and she has this cool little braclet, and it like, starts to jingle when Chief is about to have another robot come out of his forhead. :P And... she's like... some kinda witch, thingy.

Personality: She's... really nosy. And if you want to be her friend... okay, she doesn't give you a choice, but meh. She can get angry very easily, and often forgets important things. Umm... she has a guitar that she likes to hit people with(:P), and a scooter.

History: Alien says it all. Hitting things with scooter AND guitar.

World of origin: Well, she's from FoolyCooly. And the anime is freakin' messed up.

Other: Appearance: Well, she has pink-ish hair, yellow eyes, wears a red suit things, her bike is yellow, guitars blue, umm.... and the black wrist thing that jingles.

RP sample:

Meanwhile, someone in a world far away, an alternate universe if you please, was struggling in and out of sleep. We find him in his den, awakening from a dream in a cold sweat, to find that he's hungry. The being grabbed some fruit from the crude wooden table in the corner and walked up the stone steps, so earth-packed you would think they were part of this large, underground cave. They emerged above ground to the morning sunlight and the noises of everything waking up.

The only thing that might have seemed strange about this was that a humanoid figure with wings was resting against the tree from which our subject emerged through a door, apparently waiting for this strange person.

" What do you want, Diab, you idiotic fairy? I'm not a morning person, you know dam* well! " The person who emerged said. In the light, you could tell that he was male. And had short brown hair, tanned skin. So that clears up a bit of the mystery. Now to focus our attention on the other boy. The boy who was is leaning against the tree and now snickering is a fairy.

" Oh, just come to bother you, Naior. Did you hear that the war between the Trolls and Ogres has gone up a level? A battalion of Trolls attacked an Ogre camp while they were sleeping. " Diab said in reply to Naior's question. He lifted into flight, his golden hair and wings glowing proudly in the morning sunlight.

Naior seemed to become more alert at this, his pointed ears perking up a bit. He pretended to be un-interested though and only said, " Hmm? Did they now? What happened? " while he washed his hands in a small stream a few feet away from tree's trunk.

Diab frowned at him and said, " You should know what happened. The Trolls won that battle. Only one Ogre escaped, and he had lost an arm. There will be trouble now. Gonna have to be even more carefu-- " Diab broke off from the sentence when a loud crack echoed through the area. Naior only had enough time to hiss, " It's the law! Scram! " before Diab was speeding away as fast as he could through the air.

Naior had only just hidden himself up the tree before a teenage girl stumbled into the clearing. Naior only had to take a look at her clothes and ratty hair, with leaves and twigs poking out, to know that she wasn't any trouble. Or from this world. This only gave him more worries.

Godammit, He thought.

A few seconds later, Naior was out of the tree and behind her, parting one side of her shoulder-length hair away from one ear. The ear wasn't pointed. His suspicions confirmed, Naior back away as the girl turned around.

" Yo! " He said cheerfully. Then he hissed out, " Human.... What are you doing here?! What the hell?! " He yelled out at her in a very un-controlled way. He paused for a few seconds before realizing what he had done. His eyes widened, and he brought his hands up to his mouth to cover it, in lightning-fast speed.

Startled, and a bit shaken, she backed away and tripped over a tree root. The girl caught this and looked the boy up and down. Dark brown hair, light brown skin, no shirt, she shivered, and dark brown pants that she couldn't determine the material of.

So athletic-looking... he's frickin hot! She screamed inside her head. Then she scolded herself. No, I just met the freakin' guy! Still.... She couldn't help but stare.

" Still too frightened to speak? How did you get here, by the way? " He asked her, turning his head towards the way she had come.

The girl's eyes widened as she caught sight of the pointed ears she hadn't noticed before, sticking out of the dark brown hair.

Last edited:
    Name: Jade Nguyen, better known as Cheshire

Powers: Cheshire uses metal claws as weapons and is a deadly hand-to-hand fighter; martial arts, among other methods. She is also an expert triple-jointed acrobat (she uses this skill to move quickly and unexpectedly). Oh, and like Alice in Wonderland's Cheshire cat, she is able to blend in with her surroundings. And that's about what's shown in the anime. However, in the comics, she has an extensive knowledge of poisons, which she incorporates in most of her artillery.

Personality: Since she was on the show momentarily, I only have a vague description for her. Cheshire follows her own principles and only that. She finds it hard to trust someone completely, but others find it harder to gain her trust. She only does what she is hired to do, unless, of course her employers repulses her.

History: I'll just leave this blank…Cheshire has a long background. x x'
    World of origin: Where the Titans are.

Other: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/3monica6/Cheshire_model.jpg

//edit:
    Name: Haruhi

Powers: In a weird sort of way, she's like an author…but she doesn't need a pen or a paper; she simply uses her overactive imagination. See, anything she imagines comes to life, in a sense. However, her Phantasien, as she fondly dubbed them, are restricted to their purposes and can do nothing else. It takes a lot of her energy to create anything larger than her size and too much use causes her to faint.

Personality: Haruhi is highly optimistic; she can only see light, so to speak. She trusts and befriends everyone she meets and she does her best to give them assistance, as hard as their task may seem. Usually, she spaces off and daydreams on the spot and she is as klutzy as Colette [X3;], if not even more. Also as she is still so young, she has an infinite amount of curiosity that has yet to be matched.

History: Haruhi's parents were…terrified of her abilities. They believed that their daughter, once she grows up, could only be a villain due to her powers—one that will help destroy cities and slay other human beings. And, as they feared their lives might be taken, they threw her in an orphanage and decided to let the (orphanage people?) to take care of the 'little demon'.

Yeshy, basic dramatic-ish stuff. 83

World of origin: Where the big T ish~
    Other: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/wonderdude11/CuteCutie.jpg

Last edited:
    Reyna got up from her fall. All she remember was going up to a castle and opening the massive door of the castle and then falling. She just remember a flash of blue and not landing in this.

Reyna looked around and saw she was in some sort of city. There was bright lights and everything. She wasn't sure if it was safe here. She looked around for her pet Fugi.

"Fugi?" she said. "Where are you?"

A small fox appeared around her which was made of fire. She reach down for it and sunggle it. "Arent't gald you are safe. Who a cute little foxie."

Fugi then giggle and snuggle back to Reyna.

Reyna then made a spark appear and it backe a long flame. The flame then took a shape of a broom. Reyna then hopped on it and flew in the air. "Maybe I can learn a little about this place."

OOC: I hate making an OOC post with no content, but of course you can make another character mari, since you're good enough for it, unlike me. ^_^;;; Also, you're pre-approved for any titan not yet taken. >_>

[Reviving my very first character under a new guise. I'm not too late, am I?]

Name: Shinn Langley Soryu

Powers: Shinn is just a regular human living under the oppressive rule of the Combine...with a few extra tricks up his sleeve. He has an extremely high degree of spatial awareness, almost bordering on a sixth sense of sorts; he also has limited telepathic and precognitive abilities. Shinn can also enter a state of enhanced awareness and peak physical ability, seemingly at will; he calls this a "SEED mode," after a similar ability in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, and it manifests itself in the form of superhuman reflexes and vastly improved information processing.

Personality: If a single word could be applied to Shinn's personality overall, it would be "bipolar." Shinn is indeed bipolar; he is extremely prone to sudden and violent mood swings, switching from happy to angry to sad and back again seemingly in response to random triggers. Despite his intelligence, Shinn isn't really that insightful; he can be quite dense at times. He is also somewhat brash when it comes to dealing with his fellow resistance members, which only reinforces their view of him as an angry, arrogant brat; he still shows the utmost respect for his superiors, however, and he tries to be friendly with his peers nonetheless. Shinn is extremely talkative, which has proven to be problematic during covert operations against the Combine; he is also plagued with an itchy trigger finger, and he is often the first one to engage Combine forces. His unpredictable emotions, his innate boldness, and his trigger-happy nature all make for one dangerous young man.

History: Shinn Langley Soryu is your stereotypical orphan raised among a ragtag group of rebels and other military types. His father, 2nd Lieutenant John Fitzgerald Langley of the United States Marine Corps, was a member of the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit sent to the Black Mesa Research Facility during the initial resonance cascade; he survived that ordeal, only to be killed during the initial fighting of the Seven Hours War. His mother, Addelle Harlow Soryu, was one of the first members of the resistance against the Combine; she was brutally raped and killed by Combine Overwatch soldiers after being imprisoned in the infamous Nova Prospekt facility. Shinn was around 7 years old when his mother died; with no known family left, he was adopted by the other resistance members and raised among them. Shinn developed a strong emotional attachment to two of the resistance members, Katherine Madigan and Zoey Kurosaki; while he saw Katie as a mother figure, he treated Zoey like an older sister of sorts. He still retains those attachments to Katie and Zoey, as they were among the few people who actually cared for him; the other resistance members saw him as a brat with anger issues and nothing real to contribute to the cause. Due to this view, Shinn is constantly itching to prove himself to the others; he is already a skilled marksman and martial artist, and he possesses an extremely bright intellect.

World of Origin: Earth as represented in Half-Life 2

Other: File photos of Mr. Soryu collected by the Combine Overwatch can be found here. Shinn is obviously obssessed with Gundam SEED Destiny, as evidenced by his style of dress (a cosplay ZAFT uniform). His favored weapons are dual CZ-75s, dual Sig P239s chambered in 9mm Parabellum, dual MP5Ks, a Winchester M1897 shotgun, a Steyr AUG and a SIG 550 Sniper. All other relevant details will be filled in as the RP progresses.

RP Sample: (Prelude to chaos...)

Shinn Langley Soryu hung from the branches of a particularly tall oak tree, his parachute neatly snagged in the mess of twigs and leafy matter. He had been hanging like this since sundown; needless to say, his insertion attempt was unsuccessful. "Okay, Shinn, stay calm," he whispered to himself. "Hopefully, the Combine won't find you hanging here like this." He looked down to see a trio of Combine Civil Protection units walking right below him; they were obviously sent out there to scout the area, and they were reasonably well-armed with H&K USP Matches, H&K MP7s, and the saw-like devices known as manhacks. Shinn could hear the Combine whispering to each other; he couldn't pick out anything intelligible, however.

Suddenly, a single gunshot rang out through the darkness, followed by the loud rattle of automatic gunfire. From his vantage point up in the tree, Shinn could see the three Metro Cops withering before an onslaught of gunfire. A girl his age with short reddish-violet hair clad in a cosplay ZAFT uniform and wielding a Dragunov SVD emerged from the treeline, along with several other individuals wielding P90s. "Hey, Shinn! I knew you were gonna be dropping in, but I didn't know it'd be like this," the girl said in jest.

"Hey, Zoey," Shinn replied. The girl was none other than his best friend Zoey Kurosaki. Shinn took out a bayonet and cut his parachute, striking hard asphalt when he hit the ground; once he had gotten back up, he discarded the harness, sheathed the bayonet, and took out his Steyr AUG.

"Let's be quick about this, Shinn. As you were informed before, we've got a really important train to catch," Zoey said simply to Shinn. She then took off down the road with the other resistance members; Shinn followed shortly behind them.

An Unknown City in Japan- 12:49 pm
    "Heh, I had originally decided to come to Japan in search of a Tomagara I've been following. However, it was quite a surprise running into another Flame Haze after just barely setting foot off the plane." I said as I analyzed the being in front of me. From the looks of things, she was a young girl, with flaming red eyes and red hair. She was dressed in what appeared to be a school girl uniform, which was in the colours of white and dark green. "Hmm, you are the one they call the Flame-Haired Red-Hot-Eyed Hunter, are you not?"

"Shana is fine." The girl before me replied as she lifted her sword into the air. The people around us would have done something if they could see it. However, time was frozen by the Fuuzetsu surrounding the area. Fuuzetsu's are large, dome-shaped areas in which the inside (Crimson Realm) is static and hidden from the outside (real) world.

"And you, you are the one known as "The Mirror of Solitude?" A deep and powerful voice asked. It appeared to be coming out of Shana's pendant that hung around her neck. "Rumors of your abilities have travelled even out here."

"I'm flattered and all, but I'm in a rush." I said in reply as I went to run past her. However, I froze as a familar voice sent a chill down my spine like ice.

"And here I thought you wouldn't follow me."

Step...stumble..no wait, step...

Underneath the hazy glow of the tower's pulsating lights, the silhouette made his way cautiously up the stairs. Voices. Female? Villain? Ally? No matter. Robin knew perfectly well what the situation was. An intruder had somehow gained access to the tower, and of all places, had entered his room. He hated to quote Raven, but no one entered his room without his permission. No one.

He carefully sidled his way down the hallway, when an abrupt screech pierced through the stillness, nearly rendering him deaf.

"What's going on?!"

Oh, yes. Definitely female.

Without any need for introduction, he practically flung himself into his own room, positioning his metal rod.

"Explain yourself," he demanded, not before seeing the startled expression on the 'intruder's' face.

The...heck?

Meanwhile, a pink haired young girl perched upon top of the tower grinned after viewing the sight. It was not a wicked grin, but more of an amused one, for she had lost the will of evil quite a while ago.

Interesting, Jinx thought. Very interesting.

OOC: X3?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back