• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest~ [applicable entries]

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    A member requested a certain type of contest over the PM. I informed Kyosuke and he gladly complied to the idea~

This contest is mainly for Poetry/lyrics. I'm hesitant into thinking if putting the two in one category is a good idea, since the difference between them is relatively minor. I'm also unsure whether or not this should be a short story contest. If anyone has comments/concerns/questions, feel free to post away.

This thread is for people who wish to participate. Please do not post your finished work here. I merely want to clarify how many participants are willing to submit something. I don't want to host a contest between a measly two~three contestants...if that somehow does happen, I'm going to be postponing this.

The general idea is a bit vague so far; I'll try to add more information later on. Meanwhile, feel free to sign up. The deadline -> somewhere at the end of March/Beginning of April. This includes the time you need to work on your piece. By that time, this thread will prolly either be closed/forgotten. XP

I still need time to pick the judges, which will supposedly include myself and Kyosuke (if he agrees). If you wish to be a judge, please send me a link to one of your works and a sufficient reason.

...I'll type of rules later~ ^_^;

So posts should either be:

-comments
    -clarification
    -requests

edit-

Participants so far

code_zerro_the_deluge
    ~Ozy~
    Lady Akita
    Sparky07
    Akinari (ty onii-chan~) <3
    Eliana
    Tomasu-san
    Jedi_Amara
    blackhaert
    eventidemjj
    Rolling Pichu

edit2-
    Rules

One piece per contestant. No multiple works, please.
    Please respect each other's work when posted in due time.
    Your work must be submitted the Second of April.
    Note that this is not the official date; it may be changed due to some circumstances, but for now, I think roughly one month is sufficient.
    Don't spam up any thread I create (posts shall be deleted). Post only relevant things.
    Don't yell at me (the judges in general). If you have any concerns regarding the given results or the situation, state so reasonably.
    Incoherent babbling isn't loved, btw, XP
    Post your own work. Plagiarism is NOT tolerated on any level (plus you'll be disqualified, which really sucks~)
    The rules will be edited if I need changes (which will prolly happen sometimes soon).
    *sigh* One cookie per person. Don't ask. ._.​

edit3- official contest of Poetry/Lyric. Now I need to gather some judges. ~~ *advertises on sig*
    Judges- Me. 22sa. Dactylus. Paul. Judge applications = closed.

Last edited:
    Years
    This looks interesting. It would be fun if it were a poetry/short story contest, but of course, that's only my opinion...the more options, the more people you might have who are interested. I'll definitely keep checking on this...

<3
    Sparky07

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    This is really great, seven people and all~ Still debating whether or not it should be poetry/short story contest.

I *really* *really* *really* need Judges. >_____> If you have any experience prior to poetry/lyrics and such (and I mean a good experience), your help would be much appreciated, but I'm not asking any of you to drop out. Just for people who decide to gaze upon this thread after this post~ ;-;

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Lily said:
    This is really great, seven people and all~ Still debating whether or not it should be poetry/short story contest.

I *really* *really* *really* need Judges. >_____> If you have any experience prior to poetry/lyrics and such (and I mean a good experience), your help would be much appreciated, but I'm not asking any of you to drop out. Just for people who decide to gaze upon this thread after this post~ ;-;
    o_o

Please be poetry. I can't write short stories, and I think most people here would prefer poetry. I bet people will drop out if it's short stories, including me.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Lol. Now that I think about it, most people *are* here for the poetry/lyric part...k then, it's official. Poetry/Lyric contest. ^_^

I still need judges. *just lost one*

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Lily said:
    Lol. Now that I think about it, most people *are* here for the poetry/lyric part...k then, it's official. Poetry/Lyric contest. ^_^

I still need judges. *just lost one*
    I can judge poetry, but how are lyrics suppose to be judged?...

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I need about three at minimum, including myself. Four would be nice. Five will prolly result in too many disagreements, although I'm not quite sure.

22sa- Um..let's see...Arigatou, 22sa-chan? XD Lyrics are similar to poetry, except it's based off of songs and such. I'll explain later. Thanks.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Lily said:
    I need about three at minimum, including myself. Four would be nice. Five will prolly result in too many disagreements, although I'm not quite sure.

22sa- Um..let's see...Arigatou, 22sa-chan? XD Lyrics are similar to poetry, except it's based off of songs and such. I'll explain later. Thanks.
    Can you afford to explain later? :shocked: Well, okay...

Last edited:

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    Eliana said:
    o_o

Please be poetry. I can't write short stories, and I think most people here would prefer poetry. I bet people will drop out if it's short stories, including me.

Good sir/lady, I think you'd have to be emo, devoid of any sense of literature, or perhaps merely unable to keep your attention focused long enough to read/write quality short stories to prefer poetry.

This is the truth.

And sure Lily, I'll judge since you took the time to ask.

Haha...liking poetry more than prose...who ever heard of such poppycock? Hahaha...

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Dac, be nice.

Thank you again for accepting the position. I really appreciate it~

Now I don't need any more judges. I don't know how long I should keep accepting contestants...eh, perhaps I won't set a limit. Besides, by April 2, it'll be too late to enter anyhow.

Again, thanks to everyone who signed up. ^_^

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Dactylus said:
    Good sir/lady, I think you'd have to be emo, devoid of any sense of literature, or perhaps merely unable to keep your attention focused long enough to read/write quality short stories to prefer poetry.

This is the truth.

And sure Lily, I'll judge since you took the time to ask.

Haha...liking poetry more than prose...who ever heard of such poppycock? Hahaha...

Never in my life have I heard such obnoxiousness from any fellow writer, ever.

There is a wonderful word that exists in this world, whether it be concerning politics, religion, philosophy, or literature.

OPINIONS.

See, everyone has one. I do hope you comprehend the existence of this word one day soon.

I've been writing since I was about 8, and I do not appreciate your comments.

Kthx.

Sorry Lily, I'm standing up for my repetoire, hope you understand. =/

Last edited:
    Back