• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest~ [applicable entries]

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
  • [SIZE="-7"]I guess I'll enter. My work sucks, but Eli says I stand a chance. So I might as well go and try something. I've got a month to write my masterpiece anyway. Why not. Poetry contest, here I come. Sign meh up~

*still knows I'm gonna lose this*

I probably write poetry even worse than I sing. Heh.[/SIZE]

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • *nod* I've got mine written out already. I didn't know about the contest 'til yesterday, but I'm definitely using this one. I worked on it literally for 3 weeks, and had nightmares about it. O_O It's apparently one of the best things people have read according to some.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I would be a judge.. but currently with the way everything is working right now with school and stuff going on with my life.. I barely have time to go on PC nowadays.. which explains my inactiveness... but Lily, I still wish you the best of luck with the success of this contest. ^^'

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
  • I would love to be a judge, but considering the fact that you said you didn't need any additional judges pushes that hope away... *Decides to unleash his inner Simon Cowell on his own writing...* If any positions appear, tell me please!

Anyway, I didn't realize that I had quite such of a talent for writing until just recently, maybe two years ago. Simply because of my writings, many people refer to me as the "Hopeless Romantic," and a "Forward Philosopher." I got the philosopher quote for this (I put in a card for my Dad I made):
    "Though our view may become clouded with the shadows of the sky, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel to halt our fears, and to fulfill our dreams."
    I have dozens and dozens of papers of things I've written, particularly music lyrics (my Dad is a singer, and I sing also (but I'm not famous yet!)), and I would like to enter this contest. Is there any prize, or is it just bragging rights?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You really could've just asked me to judge Lily. I'd have been happy too.

Well, since you've got judges now, I'd love to enter. As and extra comment, I'd like short stories allowed.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Paul said:
    You really could've just asked me to judge Lily. I'd have been happy too.

Well, since you've got judges now, I'd love to enter. As and extra comment, I'd like short stories allowed.
    You can replace my position as judge.... I know for a fact I don't have your patience. :P

Years
  • So...wait a second...I just read the first post, and I'm a bit confused...is this a poetry/lyrics only contest? Are you still deciding whether or not to make it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? Or is it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? It's just a bit fuzzy...sorry if you posted it somewhere and I missed it.

<3
    Sparky07

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Sparky07 said:
    So...wait a second...I just read the first post, and I'm a bit confused...is this a poetry/lyrics only contest? Are you still deciding whether or not to make it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? Or is it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? It's just a bit fuzzy...sorry if you posted it somewhere and I missed it.

<3
    Sparky07
    I believe they've decided that it's soley a poetry/lyrics contest.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I should've specified it sooner; sorry. ^^;

Paul, if you want, there can be four judges...do you have (a very good) prior experience with poetry?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Lily said:
    I should've specified it sooner; sorry. ^^;

Paul, if you want, there can be four judges...do you have (a very good) prior experience with poetry?
    Yeah, actually I do. I write a lot of it. Heh, that wouldn't be very good qualification though, would it?

Just so happens I got accepted into the Bemidji State University's anthology for teen poetry in Minnesota. And I've gotten in some ok vanity anthologies, but they're really nothing to be proud of =X

If you're willing to accept me, I'd love to judge ;P

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I'd be happy to have you as a judge. You're probably 834627846% better than me. ^_^; Thank you!

Thus concludes the long, grueling hours of begging people to be judges...x.x

edit- eventidemjj, I'm so sorry! I didn't see your question at the end. I truly am sorry. x_x And yes, it's mostly bragging rights~ Unless someone can think of a good prize *over the internet >=D*..or would you rather have me mail money instead? XD

Last edited:

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Lily said:
    I'd be happy to have you as a judge. You're probably 834627846% better than me. ^_^; Thank you!

Thus concludes the long, grueling hours of begging people to be judges...x.x
    Well done, at least. XD If only the initial judge didn't betray you quit...

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
  • Eliana said:

Never in my life have I heard such obnoxiousness from any fellow writer, ever.

There is a wonderful word that exists in this world, whether it be concerning politics, religion, philosophy, or literature.

OPINIONS.

See, everyone has one. I do hope you comprehend the existence of this word one day soon.

I've been writing since I was about 8, and I do not appreciate your comments.

Kthx.

Sorry Lily, I'm standing up for my repetoire, hope you understand. =/

Oh dear, I got served, didn't I? Yes, yes I got owned! Never have I been so struck down by so righteous and so just a force as your passionate retort! Wow, let me just say Eliana, your explosion of rage and witty taunting at my own opinion has truly taught me to respect other peoples opinions! Indeed!

I apologize so much for trying to say what I thought before, obviously it's not condoned by your mighty, supreme wisdom over these matters. You have been writing since you were EIGHT after all. I'll try never to be so irreverent toward you again.

I mean, God forbid I should use sarcasm, right? How cruel it would have been if everything I said in my previous post was nothing but a playful jab! Dear me, but that would be unthinkable! I'm so very, very sorry for my ignorance. Please, next time you disagree with my opinion, feel free to once again mock me while jabbering on about the importance of point of views again. I'll make sure to, again, succumb without any resistance at all.

=\

Dude, Akinari, do I know you? Well, if you're cool with me being here, that serves me just fine. Greetings and well met, haha.
    Edit: Ah, it's Niko. Dude, we're judging. Score.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I mean, God forbid I should sarcasm, right?

...that was so purposefully ironic it was funny. Anyways, please don't fight anymore you two. This is getting very, very close to crossing the line into a flame-war. And if a participant and a judge don't handle themselves well in the Entry Thread, it may be a sign they're too immature to handle the contest.

So please, let's all keep our opinions to ourselves, this is simply a thread to announce your entrance into this writing contest ;<

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ok, you're in ;D Lily will edit the first post **nudges**.

CZtD, that was pretty much spam, and I have no idea what you're talking about o.o

Back