• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conventions

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
  • Hello.
    I had an awful experience trying to get into Harucon (Anime and manga convention as well as other stuff like Magic and so on...), the gates opened at 9:00 am, but we were a lot of kids (12-15 kids, maybe even more), so we took the 9:40 bus (the place was in another city quite far from ours), and, with our luck, the bus changed course and we had to walk 43 minutes to the place instead of 3 minutes. We got there at 11:00 am or so, and the outside was crowded! We waited until 2 pm, but again, our luck, they just stopped selling tickets because there were too much people inside already. So we ended up splitting up and me and a couple of friends went eating and got home at 5:30 pm.
    Stupid convention :(

What i'm trying to ask is have you been in an anime convention before? Share a memory! How was it? What did you buy? Do you regret not doing something (like taking the 8:30 bus instead of the 9:40 one lol)?

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I've been on many cons in my country and haven't experienced anything particularly bad...
    I'm working as a part of staff on one con so that might also be a reason =D

So cool! When i went to the con, a lot of staff people got beaten up. Watch yourself.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Yes, been to a convention that's organised every year twice. I wouldn't call it a good experience, there are only people cosplaying and people selling some merchandise, however, the queues to get in to the booths are too darn long and not suitable for queueing. However, there are also early airings of some anime. for example, I've seen Noragami before it aired.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love going to cons.

There's at least two or a three a year that me and my friends always go to.

Sometimes we stay at hotels, but not every time, because it's pricey. x_x

Generally, we cosplay, and hang out, and freak out over panels and voice actors, and things that we see in the vendor halls. I also usually take a lot of pictures. It's usually a really nice, fun environment to be in for two or three days, where you don't have to focus much on life stress. There have been a few that were hectic for some reasons, but that's not common. Usually it's really fun.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've been to a few but usually only for a day because lol what is money for hotels and stuff. But I've never really had a bad experience with one before. Maybe one day when I actually do have the money I'll go to a convention for the whole weekend or something.

Years
  • I know of a couple annual anime conventions in the Toronto area, but I've never been to a convention myself simply because I wouldn't categorize myself as being that big a fan of anime \: Though I was tempted to go the past couple years just to experience it at least once, and perhaps cosplay, but my parents would probably think that's ridiculous...

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • I have yet to go into one but plan to. My parents wont let me to go alone but I just can't find someone to go with. Travelling far isn't really my type. But if it's near, I can probably go.

Back