• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    i think its been confirmed that they pick up items? i possibly read it on serebii, i can't remember, but im pretty sure its confirmed, making the appearance of contests looking likely.
    In the scan of Wobbuffet and the hero on Route 34, the text box says, "[its Japanese name] is carrying something. Would you like to take the carried item?", so that's set in stone. But yeah, contests do look likely.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Yaminokame and Todoroki Is. XD

So even legendaries can follow, huh? Well...I wonder how Suicune will look...or maybe a Starmie or Jolteon...

Last edited:
    Years
    Hmmm,
    I've not seen the picture of all the pokemon following you around,
    But having legendary pokemon walking aroud will be awesome!
    What about flying pokemon does anyone think they will fly around after you?
    *Has this already been said* :S

thats a good point, i hadn't thought of it.
    hopefully they'll "hover" behind you, flapping their wings as you move?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yes, that is basically the new look of the Pokédex as this is from an official source. A lot of people aren't good in contest. Actually, I wasn't well in DPPt contests at first until I got in some practice. Though, I'd like it to be in rather than excluded from the remake.

Color changing seems cool, but I think we'd need more news on that, but I doubt it.

Color changing would be cool, but I doubt they'll even do it. But red is good enough.

The new look of the Pokédex is officially awesome, I love it, finally they got a cool Pokédex. Yep, I'm terrible at them. Terrible. I don't think I'll ever be good, besides contest are just not my thing. I think it'll be in the remake, with the ribbon mark, and the accessories, I don't think they would include those for nothing. Ever though the ribbon mark could just be for you past Pokémon that have ribbons. But I doubt that's what it's only for. They'll have contest.

Um, thanks for the translation? If that's the real translation, thanks for doing that for us. Sorry I'm a very skeptical person, no offense to the person that did it.

Years
    Color changing would be cool, but I doubt they'll even do it. But red is good enough.

The new look of the Pokédex is officially awesome, I love it, finally they got a cool Pokédex. Yep, I'm terrible at them. Terrible. I don't think I'll ever be good, besides contest are just not my thing. I think it'll be in the remake, with the ribbon mark, and the accessories, I don't think they would include those for nothing. Ever though the ribbon mark could just be for you past Pokémon that have ribbons. But I doubt that's what it's only for. They'll have contest.

Um, thanks for the translation? If that's the real translation, thanks for doing that for us. Sorry I'm a very skeptical person, no offense to the person that did it.

i wish you could choose the colour of yuor pokedex
    with like a sliding scale of red blue and green so you could end up with an electric yellow pokedex, or an aqua blue one.
    not that this'll ever be included, just a thought

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    i wish you could choose the colour of yuor pokedex
    with like a sliding scale of red blue and green so you could end up with an electric yellow pokedex, or an aqua blue one.
    not that this'll ever be included, just a thought

Yeah, it would be amazing if you could change the color. But I doubt they will let you, since they never have in the past. Who knows.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Well, if contests are going to be in this game, isn't it possible that they might be held in Kanto? Since, well, the scans are mainly updating about Johto, and Kanto's kinda left out. And no one seems to have seen or heard about contest halls on the map. XD

They have to do something with Kanto, right? °-°

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Did any of you noticed the new interface of the Pokédex and bag? It is wonderful :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I'd love to be able to choose my pokedex color.
    I dislike that shade of pink. :B It's tacky.

Years
    I think Kyogre/Groudon and Rayquaza will be at Mt.Silver.
    yeah they could be, or kyogre could be at the lake of rage, and groudon could be in that cave near mahogany town (forgot its name o.O)
    or they'll just have a new place where they'll be.
    Rayquaza could be roaming, or in the dragons den or something? who knows.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years

...... O_O' I don't even know what to say to you...... .....I just have to ask, exactly how much of ALL the information out there that has been confirmed are you not believing? ..... You do at least agree that HG/SS is being released, right? As far as you know, we have made up every single picture you have ever seen just to fool you....... come on.... -_-*

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I don't know, I don't think the Hoenn Led. will be at Mt.Silver, someow that just doesn't seem to fit with them. Well at least in my own personal opinion. I see Kyogre/Groudon in a fixed location, while Rayquaza is either roaming around, or is in a fixed location, then starts to roam, or it stays in a fixed location.

Edit:

Yaminokame:
    ...... O_O' I don't even know what to say to you...... .....I just have to ask, exactly how much of ALL the information out there that has been confirmed are you not believing? ..... You do at least agree that HG/SS is being released, right? As far as you know, we have made up every single picture you have ever seen just to fool you....... come on.... -_-*

Um, did I not say thanks for the translation? I just said I was iffy of believing what people translate. They could be lying, or making up something. You can't believe every single translation out there. :/ So no need to take it to the level of saying I don't believe what everyone has said is fake. Because I was only skeptical of the translation, not everything else. Thanks. ( I guess people really do take offense when you say "no offense". x[)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I said note at the 2 new caves and probably more and the large amounts of water all over the place.(route 45 is a river now ffs.) Can't get much more obvious then the fact that the emerald style for finding them will be present.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Um, did I not say thanks for the translation? I just said I was iffy of believing what people translate. They could be lying, or making up something. You can't believe every single translation out there. :/ So no need to take it to the level of saying I don't believe what everyone has said is fake. Because I was only skeptical of the translation, not everything else. Thanks. ( I guess people really do take offense when you say "no offense". x[)

I see your point, and I'm sorry if it sounded like I took offense, I was just stunned lol... XD There was the whole Pokebeach translation that was off a few days ago.... but I mean most of the information that is getting flown around that people actually DO believe come from people who throw stuff into a translator and then almost EVERYONE takes it as being true... and some of it does end up being true, but if multiple sources agree it's most likely true... and there was nothing there vastly different from what everyone else was talking about... so I was a little shocked lol... sorry if I sounded upset XP.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I see your point, and I'm sorry if it sounded like I took offense, I was just stunned lol... XD There was the whole Pokebeach translation that was off a few days ago.... but I mean most of the information that is getting flown around that people actually DO believe come from people who throw stuff into a translator and then almost EVERYONE takes it as being true... and some of it does end up being true, but if multiple sources agree it's most likely true... and there was nothing there vastly different from what everyone else was talking about... so I was a little shocked lol... sorry if I sounded upset XP.

It's okay. I didn't mean to sound like, " Your translation is fake, whatever. :/" I'm just iffy because you never know what they're translating is actually true. But keep on translating! (:

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I just can say 7 words (maybe more 8D)...

OH MY GOD! I will buy this game...

It is just awesome!

Why haven't they shown us the heroine? =(
    They have back in May. https://tinypic.com/r/2mcsg38/5

This month has been extremely exciting. I can't wait for the games to come out! I am most definitely getting one! The Jirachi better be given out in the U.S. at a latter time. Also, the Pokemon following you is just amazing. I can't wait! *twitch*

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, if contests are going to be in this game, isn't it possible that they might be held in Kanto? Since, well, the scans are mainly updating about Johto, and Kanto's kinda left out. And no one seems to have seen or heard about contest halls on the map. XD

They have to do something with Kanto, right? °-°

It is possible for there to be either one Contest Hall in Johto and one in Kanto. However, that is just a personal thought on what they can do. Nevertheless, I would think if not in Johto, then possible in a location somewhere in Kanto the Contest Hall shall be held.

I think news about Kanto may be the next to be revealed however, and with this possibly some side notes on the gyms, elites, and contests as well. You're right though, with all the attention going to Johto, it makes you wonder if Kanto will become empty once more. I'm hoping that'll change and they actually do, do something with Kanto to give it a bit more interest for the players.

Did any of you noticed the new interface of the Pokédex and bag? It is wonderful :D

Yes, definitely a nice touch with the back and PokéDex. I also see that they are really trying to bring out moer of the 3D look into the character from the open bag screenshot. We'll see how well this turns out as more information is revealed as well as when the release date merges closer.

Note how there is some extra cave spots in Johto as well as the mass induction of watery areas.

I noticed this and mentioned it earlier about the water. Johto never had this amount in the originals and hearing that Kyogre and Groudon will be available makes you think this is the reason why more water location have appeared. Nevertheless though, it is still a nice touch and adds more of an appealing look to Johto.

Hope I don't get lost.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm no good at the Johto map. And I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about, as in where you're talking about. As in the "extra water routes, and caves, and te area above National Park" Dx

Back