• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

Years
    If they're gonna be DP style contests (Dressing up pokemon? Forcing them to dance? That's even worse than making them beat each other senseless! Actually, maybe not...) then I'm happy without them. If they're Ruby/Sapphire style then it would be good.

really? i hated the ruby & sapphire ones, they were SO boring, i liked the DPPt ones better, but they still needed work
    you should have to battle the other pokemon to get the ribbon :(.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    https://nov.2chan.net:81/b/src/1244784671466.jpg

Look at the upper left screen. Togekiss isn't in the dex.

It has to stay true to the originals but not be as true as FR/LG. Otherwise it'll just feel like we're replaying 10 year old games.
    To be fair though, only pokemon that were seen seem to be visible here. I see four empty spaces after Togepi and Togekiss could easily be one of them.
    Just saying. :/

Years
    https://nov.2chan.net:81/b/src/1244784671466.jpg

Look at the upper left screen. Togekiss isn't in the dex.

It has to stay true to the originals but not be as true as FR/LG. Otherwise it'll just feel like we're replaying 10 year old games.

thats the johto 'dex anyway
    and i'm guessing it'll be like FR/LG where you can't get the newer (Gen II & IV) evolutions until you get the national 'dex.
    sandshrew & sandslash came after togepi & togetic in the johto regional 'dex anyway, so at least they're staying true to that.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Take a look at this:

Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

See the icon in the blue box? Isn't that the contest move logo?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Okay...awesome scans are awesome! I love Johto's new look, and the new map is awesome, as well. A river separating Johto and Kanto (which isn't Route 45, as people have said; that's between New Bark and Cherrygrove...though it looks like the river's cutting it in half...so I guess people are right...XD), Cherrygrove keeping its red roofs, the Ruins getting an upgrade...too awesome. It also looks like there's more of a river between Tohjo Falls's entrances, since originally you could jump from the ledges next to that Cooltrainer to get back to the first one; now, you'll have to surf down, it seems. Which is a bit realistic, since you end up having to use Waterfall. I wonder if Tohjo Falls will have more to it this go-around...

I'm really wondering what that new place next to the Park is, too. Looks like some sort of amusement park...

And having Contests return would be a nice addition, but I'd rather stick with R/S/E's format rather than D/P/Pt. There's just so much more stuff you have to worry about, and in R/S/E, you just had to worry about the Pokeblocks and move combinations. I think they might have made it a bit too complex, but that's just me. Of course, I haven't really played the 4th gen since I thought some designs took a turn downhill (again, IMO), but playing these will no doubt be great.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    To be fair though, only pokemon that were seen seem to be visible here. I see four empty spaces after Togepi and Togekiss could easily be one of them.
    Just saying. :/
    That has to be the Johto dex.
    Here's what it says in the image:
    46. Togepi
    50. Ekans
    51. Arbok
    53. Mareep
    58. Gastly
    59. Haunter
    60. Gengar

Here's #s 46-60 in the Johto dex:
    46. Togepi
    47. Togetic
    48. Sandshrew
    49. Sandslash
    50. Ekans
    51. Arbok
    52. Dunsparce
    53. Mareep
    54. Flaafy
    55. Ampharos
    56. Wooper
    57. Quagsire
    58. Gastly
    59. Haunter
    60. Gengar

It matches up perfectly.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Take a look at this:

You know what, you just pointed that out, meaning there is a very good chanec contests may be implemented into the game. Whether it is to be like the RSE or DPPt ones is unknown, and where the location of it may be is a mystery. However, with this I guess we can assume contests will be added once more unlike what they had done for the FRLG games. It'll definitely be a plus for contest lovers [like me] and it'll give some people more to do when they are bored. I assume they just haven't released any scans on the contests of it though and may be something to look forward to hearing about in the future before the Japanese release. Good eye for spotting that out though.

Might I also add that having everything touch screen compatable it a very nice touch. They've actually really started utilizing the bottom screen for the metagame, which is definitely a nice addition compared to that of DPPt. It'll take some getting used to though, as it is definitely something new for the 4th Gen games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    That has to be the Johto dex.
    Here's what it says in the image:
    46. Togepi
    50. Ekans
    51. Arbok
    53. Mareep
    58. Gastly
    59. Haunter
    60. Gengar

Here's #s 46-60 in the Johto dex:
    46. Togepi
    47. Togetic
    48. Sandshrew
    49. Sandslash
    50. Ekans
    51. Arbok
    52. Dunsparce
    53. Mareep
    54. Flaafy
    55. Ampharos
    56. Wooper
    57. Quagsire
    58. Gastly
    59. Haunter
    60. Gengar

It matches up perfectly.
    Really? Well, good to know then.
    But they're not even going to try to make the Johto pokemon a little more prominent in their own region? That's a tad disappointing. Doesn't make the experience any less awesome though.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    Take a look at this:

Looks more like the ribbons logo to me, and is more likely, I reckon.

As for what the park may be, maybe something like Amity Square, but then pokemon follow you anyway... I wonder if we'll be able to get items like that when the pokemon follow (ie every 200 steps).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Okay...awesome scans are awesome! I love Johto's new look, and the new map is awesome, as well. A river separating Johto and Kanto (which isn't Route 45, as people have said; that's between New Bark and Cherrygrove...though it looks like the river's cutting it in half...so I guess people are right...XD), Cherrygrove keeping its red roofs, the Ruins getting an upgrade...too awesome. It also looks like there's more of a river between Tohjo Falls's entrances, since originally you could jump from the ledges next to that Cooltrainer to get back to the first one; now, you'll have to surf down, it seems. Which is a bit realistic, since you end up having to use Waterfall. I wonder if Tohjo Falls will have more to it this go-around...
    That is route 45. If you zoom in on the map you can clearly tell that route 45 became a river route which would divide Kanto from Johto oddly enough. So where does the river come from the dragon den? Hmm this is some interesting stuff damn you box over that part.

Years
    Looks more like the ribbons logo to me, and is more likely, I reckon.

As for what the park may be, maybe something like Amity Square, but then pokemon follow you anyway... I wonder if we'll be able to get items like that when the pokemon follow (ie every 200 steps).
    i think its been confirmed that they pick up items? i possibly read it on serebii, i can't remember, but im pretty sure its confirmed, making the appearance of contests looking likely.

You know what, you just pointed that out, meaning there is a very good chanec contests may be implemented into the game. Whether it is to be like the RSE or DPPt ones is unknown, and where the location of it may be is a mystery. However, with this I guess we can assume contests will be added once more unlike what they had done for the FRLG games. It'll definitely be a plus for contest lovers [like me] and it'll give some people more to do when they are bored. I assume they just haven't released any scans on the contests of it though and may be something to look forward to hearing about in the future before the Japanese release. Good eye for spotting that out though.

Might I also add that having everything touch screen compatable it a very nice touch. They've actually really started utilizing the bottom screen for the metagame, which is definitely a nice addition compared to that of DPPt. It'll take some getting used to though, as it is definitely something new for the 4th Gen games.

i hope they do include the contests, i think they dropped the ball a little in FR/LG when they did include them.
    for all we know, the place west of national park could be a contest place, grand festival kinda thing.
    we'll have to wait and see
    or it could be the battle fronteir making an appearance?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Please excuse me from screaming in a fangirlish manner.

*screams*

Thank goodness it is still for the DS! Everyone was scaring me by saying it was for the DSi, and I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to play the game... These scans make me want to buy it!

Firstly, I do not dig the orange Rocket logos. They ruin the nostalgia.

Then, I really like the designs of the new Pokedex. Not only the outside, but you no longer have to press A. I'm lazy, so yeah.

Lastly, I... want to buy it so I can see how Glaceon would look like when it comes out of the ball.

~Azumi~

P.S. I thought I just saw Roark's hat in one of the scans...
    P.P.S. I see 11 members in this thread.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    That looks like a very awesome Pokédex, if that's the Pokédex. They even show the image of te Pokémon once you see it, or obtain it now that's just nice. And How all the information is actually spaced, and separated is actually cool. I hope we could change the color of our Pokédex, like instead of those red boxes over the text (or beside them) it could be green. Mareep's sprite is just awesome, awesome, awesome.

Contest? I wasn't any good at those DPPt contest they hated me, and I hated them. Hopefully they make the contest a bit different, I love the third generation contest better I could actually get past the first ribbon. Or at least but a new twist on them, seeing as you have this whole OW sprites following you around. They could do something with that, so that it isn't just being utilized in just walking around.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    i think its been confirmed that they pick up items? i possibly read it on serebii, i can't remember, but im pretty sure its confirmed, making the appearance of contests looking likely.
    It is on serebii, but they might not be contest items. If the old berries are being replaced by the newer ones, then it could be a way to get the other kinds of berries. And has anyone seen a headbutt tree in any of the pictures? It's looking more likely that something like honey trees will replace them, which is a shame. And there is also a lack of night time pictures. I want to see what it looks like at night!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

i hope they do include the contests, i think they dropped the ball a little in FR/LG when they did include them.
    for all we know, the place west of national park could be a contest place, grand festival kinda thing.
    we'll have to wait and see
    or it could be the battle fronteir making an appearance?

Yes, they do pick up items, or so stated. However, on exactly what it may be is still a bit blurry to me at the moment. However, it may more than likely be the new berries and features accessories for contests.

As for what that new area may be, it could possible be a new Battle Frontier, however I would more than likely think it may be something different. I like your idea of a Grand Festival area, you make it sounds interesting.

That looks like a very awesome Pokédex, if that's the Pokédex. They even show the image of te Pokémon once you see it, or obtain it now that's just nice. And How all the information is actually spaced, and separated is actually cool. I hope we could change the color of our Pokédex, like instead of those red boxes over the text (or beside them) it could be green. Mareep's sprite is just awesome, awesome, awesome.

Contest? I wasn't any good at those DPPt contest they hated me, and I hated them. Hopefully they make the contest a bit different, I love the third generation contest better I could actually get past the first ribbon. Or at least but a new twist on them, seeing as you have this whole OW sprites following you around. They could do something with that, so that it isn't just being utilized in just walking around.

Yes, that is basically the new look of the Pokédex as this is from an official source. A lot of people aren't good in contest. Actually, I wasn't well in DPPt contests at first until I got in some practice. Though, I'd like it to be in rather than excluded from the remake.

Color changing seems cool, but I think we'd need more news on that, but I doubt it.

It is on serebii, but they might not be contest items. If the old berries are being replaced by the newer ones, then it could be a way to get the other kinds of berries. And has anyone seen a headbutt tree in any of the pictures? It's looking more likely that something like honey trees will replace them, which is a shame. And there is also a lack of night time pictures. I want to see what it looks like at night!

The lack of pictures, you cannot expect them unleash everything at the fans all at once. It'll only leave out dull infor at the end. So, to keep us interested and guessing it is better they leave things hanging for us until a later scan or release of news. Though, seeing as the Day/Night feature was back in DPPt, and it was in the original of GSC, I'd expect it to make a return for the remake.

You pick up acessories for your Pokemon so uh contests confirmed?

Yep, I'd say it very possible that contests are back. Seeing as accessories are said to be included once more and the icon of the ribbon when checking your Pokémon, we can probably safely assume its return for the games. However, where it may be placed is questionable.

Years
    ive never really play the contest on D/P/Pt, but cant you verse eachother on different DS?

If so, and considering HG/SS is compatible with D/P/Pt, wouldnt the contest format in HG/SS have to be the exact same as the ones in D/P/Pt

otherwise you wouldnt be able to verse eachother

just makes sense

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Hmmm,
    I've not seen the picture of all the pokemon following you around,
    But having legendary pokemon walking aroud will be awesome!
    What about flying pokemon does anyone think they will fly around after you?
    *Has this already been said* :S

Back