• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
  • Can someone please brainstorm on what in the blue moon that black castle-like thingy in the north is?!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Can someone please brainstorm on what in the blue moon that black castle-like thingy in the north is?!

My guess is that it has something to do with Ancient Evolution. Perhaps it's Hoenn's version of the Mastery building from Kalos. Or perhaps it functions like the crystal that looks like it comes from Diancie and will upgrade the Mega Bangle later. Or all three.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • Anyone noticed mauville city on the map. It looks like it has a wall or something around it. But in the ilustration it looks like some kind of power plant.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

I first thought this screenshot was taken at Route 103 where you meet your rival. Than I noticed the Pokémart at the left. So that means this has to be Route 102, with Petalbirg to the west. Okay, you might think.

Your rival never appeared here, instead, it was Wally. Wally caught his Pokemon, serving as the 'catching tutorial'. What the hell is your rival doing here? He/She better just talks a bit and then leaves... I want Wally back!

Last edited:

Years
  • Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

I first thought this screenshot was taken at Route 103 where you meet your rival. Than I noticed the Pokémart at the left. So that means this has to be Route 102, with Petalbirg to the west. Okay, you might think.

Your rival never appeared here, instead, it was Wally. Wally caught his Pokemon, serving as the 'catching tutorial'. What the hell is your rival doing here? He/She better just talks a bit and then leaves... I want Wally back!

Maybe they had the opposite sex character take the place of Wally for the demo version they may have taken those screenshots from? They're probably saving Wally for later.

Years
  • I wonder if we will be able to go to those islands covered by clouds and if you look south of the water current route ( cant remember the number) there is a island that looks like it could be accessible...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Maybe they had the opposite sex character take the place of Wally for the demo version they may have taken those screenshots from? They're probably saving Wally for later.

I hope so…
    It would make sense though. That means that Steven's Charizard is demo only and the Groudon/Kyogre is also in the demo. Although the latter wasn't a surprise. A trainer having Primal Groudon and Kyogre is so impossible.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • So my assumptions / impressions of the trailer:
    - The first gym shown is probably Tate & Liza's (it looks very mystical and there are a bunch of Psychics on the floating platforms). The second gym shown could be Flannery's, because it had trap doors, though it could be a redesign of Roxanne's gym.
    - Archie looks friggin' nuts!
    - Mega Sceptile faces the other way in battle, much like Mawile. I know it's not a big thing, but I just thought it looked neat.
    - Not really related to the trailer, but the new Hoenn map does seem to have some peculiar new things on it. Aside from the evil-looking structure that everyone has commented on (Creation trio? Darkrai event?), there seem to be a lot more little islands on the water routes between Lilycove/Mossdeep and Sootopolis and the Battle Tower/Frontier island looks completely empty (though, maybe they didn't want to spoil that yet).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Looks like they may be hiding some stuff on the map. The again, it could be nothing. The cloud in the center of the map looks like it his covering up Sky Pillar. I wonder if they are adding something to it?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    So my assumptions / impressions of the trailer:
    - The first gym shown is probably Tate & Liza's (it looks very mystical and there are a bunch of Psychics on the floating platforms). The second gym shown could be Flannery's, because it had trap doors, though it could be a redesign of Roxanne's gym.
    - Archie looks friggin' nuts!
    - Mega Sceptile faces the other way in battle, much like Mawile. I know it's not a big thing, but I just thought it looked neat.
    - Not really related to the trailer, but the new Hoenn map does seem to have some peculiar new things on it. Aside from the evil-looking structure that everyone has commented on (Creation trio? Darkrai event?), there seem to be a lot more little islands on the water routes between Lilycove/Mossdeep and Sootopolis and the Battle Tower/Frontier island looks completely empty (though, maybe they didn't want to spoil that yet).

The trap door building is most likely the trick house

Years
  • I hope so…
    It would make sense though. That means that Steven's Charizard is demo only and the Groudon/Kyogre is also in the demo. Although the latter wasn't a surprise. A trainer having Primal Groudon and Kyogre is so impossible.

I think those two being in the hands of trainers may mean it's a wi-fi battle?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Has anybody noticed the black thunder cloud near the right upper corner of the map. Do you guys think it will have anything to do with Zekrom or will it be that they are planing to to do a rainy route?

Hoenn had a rainy route. It was the route between Mauville and Fortree. Always hated that route since it's long and Blaziken loses power in it.

Years
  • I think, when looking at the reinvented map of Hoenn, it's worth noting that the areas before Fortree are next to a huge marsh-like area covered in foliage; possibly a new place to explore? Besides that, all I can say is awesome. The Mossdeep Space Center looks like a relevant area, could we say some important changes there? o:

Years
  • Devon corp give you your starters Mega stone possibly.

Anyways, the map looks cool. I'm surprised I haven't heard someone say "To much surfing" xD. That was the biggest complaint with R/S/E

Years
  • Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Let's all just take a quick moment to appreciate this amazing gif showcasing Groudon and Kyogre's devolution animation. The graphics are top-notch, and from the trailer, it's obvious, at least to me, that they put a lot of effort into the story behind the primal forms and their origins. Extremely pumped to hear more about them :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back