• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals new Pokémon

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Could be the first Pokemon game where I use a rotating team, like Ash in the Unova anime series.

Years
  • CoroCoro has revealed further details on these new Pokemon.

Nekkoala's ability Definite Sleep prevents the user from being afflicted by status conditions other than sleep.

Also, our first revealed 7th Gen Pokemon Magearna has finally had its ability confirmed, it's a brand-new ability called Soul Heart which I don't know what it does. It's also confirmed to learn a new move called "Furuuru Cannon" at Level 50. Magearna will be able to be obtained in Sun & Moon by getting a QR Code from a Pokemon Ga-Ole (aka the Tretta successor) disc that's given to people who attend the Movie 19 screening in Japan.

I'm sure Magearna will make it to international versions as well, just likely through a different method of event distribution.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm way more impressed with the Koala than the puppy. If the Koala gets Uproar, you cannot use normal stall tactics O=

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's about time we got a Koala Pokémon. Too bad it may be this gen's early route Pokémon, which are usually weak even upon their final evolution.

So the mysterious Pokémon from CoroCoro's trailer is a dog after all. And it's a Rock type? What?

Oh man this is amazing! Finally a Kola! And it's seemingly normal psychic! The dog is a rock type. This is actually really dark if what I think it's based on is true.

You mean the story about the dog who died upon years waiting for its master to return?

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
  • It's about time we got a Koala Pokémon. Too bad it may be this gen's early route Pokémon, which are usually weak even upon their final evolution.?

I'm hoping Iwonka is the early route pokemon. Not too excited about that design, tbh, although rock type is interesting. We also see it in what I believe is the starting town based off the screenshot from the overworld. Nikkoala has some potential to be a great pokemon, but it is true that every early route pokemon has been normal type. :/

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's about time we got a Koala Pokémon. Too bad it may be this gen's early route Pokémon, which are usually weak even upon their final evolution.

So the mysterious Pokémon from CoroCoro's trailer is a dog after all. And it's a Rock type? What?

You mean the story about the dog who died upon years waiting for its master to return?
    No, awhile ago, there was a thread on 4chan. it brought up how the ancient lives of ( I think Hawaiins, probably wrong though), a people. It mentioned how at birth, children were given a dog, if the child died, the dog was killed and buried with them. The dog's collar if the child lived was made with fallen out teeth of the child. There was a third scenario in which they'd kill the dog to. I really wish I screencaped it. That collar looks to fit the teeth thing. The whole burying thing could tie back to rocks as well. I'm trying to find it, but am having no luck. There was a link to the page on the history to...

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I am super syked that the Puppy is Rock type instead of normal! Only complaint about the reveal... where is that bird pokemon?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really love both of them, but there only being 2 of them really has me worried. Like really. Kalos only reveled 4 in the first batch and Unova reveled like 8.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I really love both of them, but there only being 2 of them really has me worried. Like really. Kalos only reveled 4 in the first batch and Unova reveled like 8.

That's the point though. Sun and Moon's focus as been on giving us little information to build up hype. I think they want the game to have many surprises unlike XY.

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
  • I really love both of them, but there only being 2 of them really has me worried. Like really. Kalos only reveled 4 in the first batch and Unova reveled like 8.

maybe E3? I HIGHLY doubt that there are gonna be less new mons than in X and Y, considering everyone was up in arms about that, and this is also the 20th anniversary

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    So serebii updated saying that Rowlet, poplio, Litten, and Iwanko all have a secret!!!

What DOES THIS MEAN? I NEED MORE

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • That Koala though. It really resembles the real thing. Haha.

A bit puzzled as to why the puppy is a rock type. Ground type would make more sense to be honest.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love them both they are super cute :) this gen... I dunno I think Pokémon are gonna look like the styles of Unova and Johto Pokémon more than anything else.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So serebii updated saying that Rowlet, poplio, Litten, and Iwanko all have a secret!!!

I think it's linked to the Bracelet we see in the MC's arms. I think all four are linked to the rumored Synchro evolution. The dog might even have more than one, as it's neck has fur link indents which are reminisent of the indents on the bracelet.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Yay a rock dog!... Though I was expecting more of something like a statue dog for that.

I like the koala thing though. Hoping he evolves into a badass.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    So serebii updated saying that Rowlet, poplio, Litten, and Iwanko all have a secret!!!

Well, between the four of them, the classical elements are covered.
    Rowlet as Air (Flying)
    Litten as Fire
    Popplio as Water
    and Iwanko as Earth (Rock)
    plus Nekkoala as Heart

I don't remember, are the classical elements a thing for alchemy, or largely unrelated?

Years
  • Well it has been said Sun & Moon is a return to simplicity, so seeing these more simple designs going around shows that Game Freak are staying true to that statement.
    This isn't really a 'return' of any sort. The concept of Pokémon was generally to create a new set of creatures, not just plagiarise nature directly and call the result a Pokémon. This is a new departure, which is by itself deleterious of the concept of the series.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Well, between the four of them, the classical elements are covered.
    Rowlet as Air (Flying)
    Litten as Fire
    Popplio as Water
    and Iwanko as Earth (Rock)
    plus Nekkoala as Heart

I don't remember, are the classical elements a thing for alchemy, or largely unrelated?
    Iwanko represents lead due to the symbol on it`s color. And yes they are elements for alchemy

Years
  • This isn't really a 'return' of any sort. The concept of Pokémon was generally to create a new set of creatures, not just plagiarise nature directly and call the result a Pokémon. This is a new departure, which is by itself deleterious of the concept of the series.

What I was meaning by that was a return to more simple-looking designs, notably the days of the early generations.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Iwanko represents lead due to the symbol on it`s color. And yes they are elements for alchemy

In that case, maybe it's not (or not just) the classical elements, but the classical planets.

The sun and the moon are covered by Solgaleo and Lunaala, obviously. Iwanko takes Saturn because of this lead connection.
    That leaves Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter for the three starters plus (I'm assuming) the third "mascot" legendary.
    I'd assign Mercury to the legendary because of its association with azoth.
    Mars often has connotations of fire, so there's Litten.
    Jupiter sometimes is associated with laurel leaves because of the Zeus thing, so Rowlet.
    Venus is associated with femininity, as is the Water element, so Popplio.

Maybe.

Back