• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen CoroCoro Scans (May 13th) / Famitsu scans (May 14th) - discussion

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If it had to be customizable, I don't think it would go too far as changing color like what they did to the Poke'tch screen after showing the girl in the Pal Park room a Kecleon. Though, we'll see if that goes if they choose to show it in anymore scans or short videos.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well they have been adding in touch screen features a whole lot. I wouldn't be suprised if you can adjust the color of the start menu.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well when I saw the start menu on one of the scans I just didn't like how it was so green. I don't know what color they could've put but I guess I could get used to it. I thought it was a cool add to the touch screen though.

to get use to such an ugly color like that?
    It should be changeable, not all people can stand such a weird color like that

:t354:TG

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    to get use to such an ugly color like that?
    It should be changeable, not all people can stand such a weird color like that

:t354:TG

Well if the color can't be changeable, than they will have to get used to it or just deal with it. Maybe if they add a Kecleon color changer thing to the pokegear, it could be able to change the color of the start menu. I would like that to happen.

Years
    I used to not like the color at first, but after looking at it for a while, it has grown on me. Besides, maybe the color will be different on my DS then it is on the computer screen. They probably wanted to make it a color that wasn't too feminine or masculine. If you have a DSlite, then you can change the brightness of the screen, so it's kind of like changing the color (shade) of the menu.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't mind the green, as it isn't a big deal to me. Having the option to change its color wouldn't be bad to have though, for those who don't fancy it as much.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I used to not like the color at first, but after looking at it for a while, it has grown on me. Besides, maybe the color will be different on my DS then it is on the computer screen. They probably wanted to make it a color that wasn't too feminine or masculine. If you have a DSlite, then you can change the brightness of the screen, so it's kind of like changing the color (shade) of the menu.

I strongly agree with you. Except I don't think changing the DS's screen brightness would make a difference. It would only make the green a bit darker and duller.

Years
    I wouldn't mind if they didn't let us change the color of the screen...however, there is a possibility that we might be able to if we go to Options... you never know... ;) (Personally, the other colors for the Poketch in DPPt weren't that great either, but I preferred it to the green.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't mind if they didn't let us change the color of the screen...however, there is a possibility that we might be able to if we go to Options... you never know... ;) (Personally, the other colors for the Poketch in DPPt weren't that great either, but I preferred it to the green.)

Yeah I would only hope they could add a color changer, but who knows. I could get used to it though. Also if they don't add it in Options, the color changer feature could always be in the pokegear.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Basically there is a new female protagonist, new features have been included, and upgrade to the PokéGear, the starters now follow us, there will be a certain Notch Eared Pichu event in the game, there is a new look to Gold, Johto looks completely different with its new 3D look. What else? Oh yes, all the Johto Pokémon have new art by the same artist as before, and much more, plus we still have more coming this coming June.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Agreed with the post above, a lot has changed with Johto, and the graphics is a huge change, but for the better I say.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, it is more advanced than before and with that it could be possible that Prof. Elm's lab will look different as well without the simple table and three Pokéballs like the originals had.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Well if the color can't be changeable, than they will have to get used to it or just deal with it. Maybe if they add a Kecleon color changer thing to the pokegear, it could be able to change the color of the start menu. I would like that to happen.

They would probably use a Smeargle color changer (hopefully).

Runaru

Moon Radiance
    Years
    These scans are spectacular. I am very excited by the launch of the game. The menu is nice, and all the rest​

Back