• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Corrupting Save Issue

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Hey guys… It's been a while since I've asked for help here. I'm having an issue with save files becoming corrupted that has been happening pretty consistently to me.

Spoiler:

Ok so details. I wasn't sure where to post this since my game does use a custom script for multiple save files, but I was getting this error before using it. Before updating to essentials 15 version, I never had this issue, and was using my own little "multiple save file" script I made. It was poorly done though and had other issues. When running essentials 13 it never crashed the game like this though. Then, after updating to 15.1 I started getting these error messages and saves started getting destroyed. I switched to mej71's multiple save file script, thinking it was an issue caused by my "work around" save script, but I am still getting these errors when using mej71's script, even when not using multiple files. I didn't put this in that script's thread since I don't think it is caused by it.

The problem starts when I try to save in game, but not always. I could save perfectly fine 20 times, and suddenly it stops working. It will just say "Save Failed" and won't crash, but no saves after that will work. Then when I exit the game and reopen it, these error messages pop up.

I've gotten good at reading error messages, but I have no idea about the first two. Could anyone point me in the right direction, or had similar issues before?

Thanks!

EDIT: I did further testing since posting this! I found that the crash is 100% (or very close) related to the gen 6 project's PokeCenter Healing Balls script I am using. I saved before healing, then tried after and got the crash and corruption. I am not using the full Gen 6 pack, just that one script. Why does this cause the crash/how can I fix it?

Years
  • Hey guys… It's been a while since I've asked for help here. I'm having an issue with save files becoming corrupted that has been happening pretty consistently to me.

Spoiler:

Ok so details. I wasn't sure where to post this since my game does use a custom script for multiple save files, but I was getting this error before using it. Before updating to essentials 15 version, I never had this issue, and was using my own little "multiple save file" script I made. It was poorly done though and had other issues. When running essentials 13 it never crashed the game like this though. Then, after updating to 15.1 I started getting these error messages and saves started getting destroyed. I switched to mej71's multiple save file script, thinking it was an issue caused by my "work around" save script, but I am still getting these errors when using mej71's script, even when not using multiple files. I didn't put this in that script's thread since I don't think it is caused by it.

The problem starts when I try to save in game, but not always. I could save perfectly fine 20 times, and suddenly it stops working. It will just say "Save Failed" and won't crash, but no saves after that will work. Then when I exit the game and reopen it, these error messages pop up.

I've gotten good at reading error messages, but I have no idea about the first two. Could anyone point me in the right direction, or had similar issues before?

Thanks!

EDIT: I did further testing since posting this! I found that the crash is 100% (or very close) related to the gen 6 project's PokeCenter Healing Balls script I am using. I saved before healing, then tried after and got the crash and corruption. I am not using the full Gen 6 pack, just that one script. Why does this cause the crash/how can I fix it?
    I reprised that script a few days ago, please overwrite it and the affiliated events
    http://reliccastle.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=244

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    You're a life saver. I've spent weeks trying to figure this out and it figures I narrowed it down to the Healing balls script minutes after posting a question thread. I was just about to see if anyone else had reported this in that thread! Thanks so much. I believe that did it.

Back