• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Cough* Yeah... I'm too sick to come in today...

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • Ever faked being ill to get out of a test, or school, or work in general?

I have a funny story about it, I faked being sick, because school's been rough for me lately, and I'd rather not have to deal with a big group of people that hate me. And now the school thinks I have a virus and have told me to stay of school until next week.

Well, actually, everyone has haven't they? I mean, who hasn't skipped school or work would be a better question.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • In school (elementary and high school. Haven't been sick often in university)... if I'm sick from say Monday through Thursday and then I'm better (still sick, but well enough to come in) on Friday, I'll take the Friday off

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Hell yeah!
    I did it one day, and got a week off because I faked real well.
    Drama lessons FTW!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I didn't need to pretend to be sick, I just wouldn't go into school and when asked why I would reply with a "I don't want to." Seems like a good enough reason to me, seeing as I found school to be generally useless.

Ice Grimm

Mirotic
    Years
  • Oh yeah! I faked a lot of times this year, over 90 times to be exact lol.... I won't do it next year, I'll do only 50 times or so, drama lessons really FTW

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    My parents would never let me call in sick for the sake of skipping school. At the same time, I've never had much of a reason to skip school in the first place, so aside from elementary, when being sick actually mattered, i have near perfect attendance.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Yep, I've attempted it but my mom never fell for it when it came to school. XD She was the type to send me even if I was throwing up. But my dad made her keep me home.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • Oh, it's a family effort. "Mum, I don't want to go to school today." Talk it over. Make some dodgy excuse about some illness the next day, kekekekeke.
    However, my two/three week trip to the States plus 6 days of actually being sick, leaves around 7 or 8 that I've faked it so I've got about a 72% attendance rate at the moment so far, lol.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Yes I do. :| I love how I can fake it and get off but if I am actually sick I have to go. It is always like that, so what I usually do is act like I am faking sick when I actually am sick.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I do it alot because school just sucks at the moment.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I only skip school to do homework that I'm behind on, or if I really am sick >.>

I think I stayed home while perfectly healthy only once or twice this year.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • Of course. I used to do it so much my mom constantly took me to the hospital. Bu since I had asthma as a kid, I could really pull off a good fake attack.

Never did it to get out of a test before..just to miss school:D

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • I do it now and then, but sadly I don't need to pretend most of the time. I'm constantly sick and staying home. Staying home when you're feeling 100% perfect and can do anything you want while your parents are at work is perfect though. It's definantly worth missing a test or two.

Back