• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could it possibly be real?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
  • If unicorns are horses with a horn, wouldn't that mean they can be genetically engineered?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • If unicorns are horses with a horn, wouldn't that mean they can be genetically engineered?

That's not how that works. You can't just alter one or two genes and expect a horn; you'd need to alter a whole lot of them, just to get the right bone structure without messing everything else up. Sure, you /can/ genetically alter a horn onto a horse, but you'll have changed its entire species too. It's the same concept as creating a whole new species altogether.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I never said it'd be simple. If they make it into a new species, that would actually be better. Also, even if they mess up the bone structure, kill it in the process, but only after it lives seconds of immense pain and torture, but it's fine on the outside, I'm sure a picture of that would satisfy Unicorn fanatics.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I believe in undiscovered species not yet found, or found again. However, Bigfoot and Loch Ness I can tell you, don't exist, period. They only exist as legend and stories, and nothing more.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • What about UFOs? Many sightings are misinterpretations and hoaxes but there are still many that are unexplained. I personally believe aliens can be responsible for that. But maybe secret government aircraft? I still think aliens.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • The Yeti might have just been a big ape. I heard that when the world is at peace, the unicorn would appear again ^^

Years
  • What about UFOs? Many sightings are misinterpretations and hoaxes but there are still many that are unexplained. I personally believe aliens can be responsible for that. But maybe secret government aircraft? I still think aliens.

I tend to agree. There are some reports that are obviously bogus, but every now and then you'll find accounts of extraterrestrial activity that can't be readily disproven.

Or go back and look through history - the ancient alien theory is eerily plausible.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Santa Claus is real! I don't care what anyone else says!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years

• I tend to agree. There are some reports that are obviously bogus, but every now and then you'll find accounts of extraterrestrial activity that can't be readily disproven.

Or go back and look through history - the ancient alien theory is eerily plausible.

With all of the speculation about aliens having visited in ancient times, such as ancient people perceiving aliens as their "gods" that they believed in, I truly believe that there is a great possibility that aliens visited in the past and may still be doing so today.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    With very little of the ocean explored, I would think it's safe to assume that there are several organism species yet to be discovered, and perhaps prehistoric species once thought to be extinct still existent today(the coelacanth is an exceptional example). Myths and legends are no exception; however, I am sure the most plesiosaurs dwell within the ocean, though living things adapt(some not as well as others), and if the Loch Ness monster was existent, this would be a good reason why.

It would be quite exciting to see something such as a liopleurodon today. However, I'm most likely be going ahead of myself a tad too much.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • By the time i am forty, I should be able to own a Griffin that I can ride to work. His name would be Zeus, and his wings would be a chocolate brown, and after a long day I can snuggle with my Griffin. Not to mention Zeus could catch mice and small rodents. Heck, he could fish too. Hmm... Griffins..

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well Im sure they could be, I mean where did they all come from and the term for them plus apparent "sightings" you just don't know... you can't say yes or no untill you find a conclusive answer.

Back