• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could the legendary pokemon take on the u.s military?

Years
  • Like could you see Kyogre being able to take out an aircraft carrier or a Groudon taking out Abram tanks?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    As easy as they could. God-like pokemon such as the dimensional Trio, Arceus, Weather Trio, Regigigas, and Regi trio are unbeatable in any other mean, if we ignore the game and the anime.

Faolan

darĸneѕѕ prevaιlѕ.
    Years
  • Yes. Arceus could obliterate them all with the tap of a foot.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Indeed. The legendary pokemon would easily destroy atomic bombs before humans get the chance to detonate them and Arceus would just use Judgment on anyone who dares to challenge him.

Years
  • They would be easily taken out. The U.S. military isn't exactly equipped to deal with God-like entities with powers far beyond what mortal men can fathom.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • They would be easily taken out. The U.S. military isn't exactly equipped to deal with God-like entities with powers far beyond what mortal men can fathom.

Basically. But then again, if legendaries suddenly attacked the U.S. military, you'd have to think that Pokemon was real, and the militia had Pokemon weapons, so maybe it would be a decent fight...

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yes, they very well can. Some shaped continents, while others created the universe. Good luck military.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well it's kind of like a situation where it's reality vs. fiction, and in those cases, fiction most of the time wins, because it's not limited to any rules. So yes, I think they could easily wipe the floor with the military, I don't even think that we'd be able to do considerable damage.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the stronger legendaries can take on the military. Weaker ones like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres might not be able to, however.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Well anythings possible right? lol I mean say you fire a cannon at Arceus' back, will it see it coming? and how much damage could that possibly make? lol but I'm sure if you take out Dialga and Palkia, then you've effectively wiped out time and space...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well it's kind of like a situation where it's reality vs. fiction, and in those cases, fiction most of the time wins, because it's not limited to any rules. So yes, I think they could easily wipe the floor with the military, I don't even think that we'd be able to do considerable damage.

This, basically. In any hypothetical fight that involves humans vs the supernatural, the supernatural will always win out. Why else would humans be so scared of the supernatural? A bunch of women were burned as witches in 1692 for this very reason.

The Pokemon world is far greater than our own in terms of power. It wouldn't even take oneLegendary Pokemon to defeat the US Army, just a powerful regular Pokemon. A Butterfree flying overhead scattering Poisonpowder. A Kadabra telekinetically removing their guns from them and using them to fire at the entire army. A Nidoking using Earthquake. Any decent Water Pokemon using Surf. The possibilities are endless.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pokemon like Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga and Palkia can destroy cities by flooding them, causing earthquakes or bending time and space respectively. Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion will gladly oppose humans and not care about whether or not they destroy their surroundings.

Gilgαmesh

Well anythings possible right? lol I mean say you fire a cannon at Arceus' back, will it see it coming? and how much damage could that possibly make? lol but I'm sure if you take out Dialga and Palkia, then you've effectively wiped out time and space...

Good luck finding something that would even scratch Arceus. If you've seen the 12th movie, it always has it's shields up 24/7, a human cannon wouldn't do anything to it.

The U.S military, I admit, possesses some impressive weaponry, but in the end, the supernatural always wins for reasons that Shiningraichu has already stated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    If Japan's Self Defense Force with their superweapons couldn't defeat Godzilla (which is less able than legendary pokemon IMO), I doubt the US military would stand a chance against legendary pokemon!

Years
  • This, basically. In any hypothetical fight that involves humans vs the supernatural, the supernatural will always win out. Why else would humans be so scared of the supernatural? A bunch of women were burned as witches in 1692 for this very reason.

The Pokemon world is far greater than our own in terms of power. It wouldn't even take oneLegendary Pokemon to defeat the US Army, just a powerful regular Pokemon. A Butterfree flying overhead scattering Poisonpowder. A Kadabra telekinetically removing their guns from them and using them to fire at the entire army. A Nidoking using Earthquake. Any decent Water Pokemon using Surf. The possibilities are endless.

Yeah. Even tiny bug pokemon, all of which are much bigger than their real-life counterparts could easily overpower a human being, especially ones like Heracross or Scyther who are human-sized.

Last edited:

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • A wing of A-10's do some pretty nasty stuff with just the cannon on the nose and can take a fair amount of punishment, so IDK about legendaries and other 'big' 'Mons.

...And all it takes is a few rounds of 5.56, a round of 7.62 from an unnoticed sniper, or one solid shot of 12 gauge buckshot at close range to end all of those examples. Most SWAT teams have that equipment on hand as is.

Back