• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

could this be ashes year to win it all ???

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    I think it is. Seemingly the only person to ever beat Tobias' unbeatable Darkrai and also Latios. Taking down 2 Legendaries. Nuff said.

But a setback is Pikachu losing to Trip's Snivy -.-

This drove me crazy.

My prediction: Ash loses in the finals. Walks away with 2nd place. He places equal or better at every league championship, and last time he ended in the top 4. He still has room to improve, but they won't let him win just yet.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    i hope he just flat out loses his first match. seriously, this kid has been 10 for at least 10 years now, has seen almost every legendary, saved the world about once for each movie and season, and has had a pikachu since his very first steps as a trainer. yet he forgets how to catch a pokemon -_- thats just screwed up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I'd actually like to see Ash start winning Leagues but then struggling to win Champion Leagues. If the writers handled it alright we would see some pretty great battles.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    I think he will lose untill the writters is getting tierd of the anime.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    The problem with using the same character over and over again is in that he will easily become overpowered. This could have been rectified by using a completely new character for Unova since it's pretty much a new country but I guess they care more about revenue over anything else.

Well, it could have also been fixed with new methodologies of catching pokemon (for the example of catching pokemon) - such as learning to spin the pokeball as you throw it at the pokemon but bleh. :\

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    It's way too early to tell if Ash will win a League. Not only that, Ash loses the Leagues for a reason: so that he'll have the motivation to go to a new region to make himself better at what he does.

Kowai

Elite
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    Level 5? They don't do levels in the anime as they in the games. Saying "that pokemon is a high level does mean an exact level." I would say Ash has caught rare pokemon in the past. Lapras aren't or at least were not exactly abundant during the time of Orange Islands. Since the only one you could obtain in the game was through the person in Silph Co. Catching legendaries though would seem over board, I would rather him catch a fossil instead. It would just be interesting if they didn't nerf Pikachu, dumb down Ash, don't give him a guy with a freaking Darkrai to face, and then maybe Ash would have a chance.
    I understand they don't have levels. I was using that as an example. As others have said, you can't defeat a legendary Pokemon and then lose to a snivy that a random person just received with little or no experience. This is likely due to what Kirbychu said. The writers assume the viewers haven't seen the earlier sagas.

Back