• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could you kill yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This thread is different from the suicide/depression thread due to that thread asking you to talk about your experiences with mental health and what not, this one is asking you to address the very issue of suicide.

Simply put, would you be able to kill yourself?

Lucid

Gettin' real tired of this sucidle shit PC.

I almost bled to death once for medical reasons, and it's no fucking fun. There's nothing pleasant about it. It's messy, awful, doesn't feel good and being anemic feels fucking awful, blood transfusions aren't fun either. You're cold and weak all the time. Your lives are worth so much. I'll tell you this every day if I have to. Drying is awful, scary and it won't ever be any gratifulcation.

Sirfetch’d

I used to think I would be able to. It seemed so easy to do and such an easy way to avoid sadness. Though now that I have matured and changed my way of thinking. No I would not be able to. I have too much to live for.

Years
  • Like only in the way that I'd need to sacrifice myself to save others maybe. But even in that situation who knows how I'd react under that pressure? If I absolutely had to if the consequence of my continued living was suffering and death for others, I think I'd be able to as at least it'd mean something.

However in any other circumstance, no. Even if I hated my life, I'd still never do it. Feeling pain would be better than feeling nothing. I wouldn't want to end my life because I wouldn't get to experience all that the future has to offer, even if it won't be picture perfect.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Interesting timing. I just put this to the test last night... turns out the answer is no.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alright, as much as I don't want to nerf activity here and step on people's toes, this is a little too close to the edge for me to allow here in good faith.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back