• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
    When do you guys wanna start the movies? AND OH MY GODS, WE ARE HAVING A MIDNIGHT RELEASE FOR X/Y.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Actually don't mind that much leaked information, but I draw the line when in comes to things like dex leaks and most evolved formes except for starters. I don't want to find out all of the pokémon available before the games are out as I'm not planning my team beforehand.

I agree -- I managed to keep myself from looking at the leaks from the early released games so far. I am okay with news from the official sources, but I don't want to see too much before I get the game!

I wonder if my local store will have the midnight release... my friends are gonna tease me so much if I don't go out next Friday so I can get my new Pokemon game as fast as possible, haha.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    What is this thing of midnight release? I don't think we have it in France..
    I don't know about retailers but the eShop updates at saturday midnight so you can download it at that time.

Since I'm going digital with this game (it's MADE for it) I'm gonna do that and go to sleep so that just when I wake up I have the game ready to play.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    I don't know about retailers but the eShop updates at saturday midnight so you can download it at that time.

Since I'm going digital with this game (it's MADE for it) I'm gonna do that and go to sleep so that just when I wake up I have the game ready to play.

Personally i want a physical copy of the game so i guess i'll have to wait for the shops to open so i can buy it ahah

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I've been counting down, day after day, on my calender just waiting each day before X and Y come out. Right when the stores open I'm going to be the first customer there!

Years
    I guess y'all could say PC is the only way I've been counting down, as I have pretty much been showing all my hype for the release in this thread (and my head).. I'm afraid that if I marked the X and Y release on my actual calendar that time would just come to close to a halt :3c

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I'm getting pokemon Y. you?

also, can't wait! 9 DAYS! I'll prob. be able to finish both my monotype and my no-catch challenges by then.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I don't believe that only 70 new Pokemon are coming out, koff~

There has to be more than that. Why would they all the sudden cut down the minimum by 30? That's just them pulling your chain. Also, I pre-ordered both versions of the game from Gamestop. Was I supposed to get anything? I just need to know so I can pick that stuff up, koffi~

Years
    I've been trying to avoid spoilers/new info as much as possible, because I want to bring back some nostalgia of my first playthrough of a Pokemon game; Pokemon SoulSilver. (I was an odd child, alright?)

Going in to SS, besides the bare basics and that Team Rocket was going to do something, I had absolutely no idea what to expect, and Jhoto (and later Kanto) became a blank slate as which to pin hopes and dreams on. And though I know I'll never get to have that much openness (and noobness) again, I'm still going to try.

Although, I knew I shouldn't have preordered X, because my favors have shifted ever so subtly to Yvetahl. Darn my indecisive self lol

Years
    Oh Boy! I can't wait! I'm getting Y version...even though X has some awesome mega evolutions! I stand by my choice!

My starter will be Froakie. Since We will be able to download Torchic first day it will be are fire type, and bulbasaur for grass type since I won't be able to trade my Venusaur any time soon. I look forward to getting Honedge.

When y'all saw Mega Ampharos for the first time... What was your first thought?

My first thought was "Why does Ampharos have jheri curls?" Then the song "Give It To Me Baby" by Rick James popped in my head.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Any ideas on what special events might happen? Besides Torchic+The three shiny legendaries?

Maybe a 6th Gen. event-exclusive legendary like Victini or Genesect. Possibly the other two Hoenn starters if they end up becoming megas. As long as it's a WiFi or DW event then I'll be glad no matter what Pokémon it is.

Years
    I'm honestly not surprised if there are only 70 new Pokemon. Moving into 3D with a game like Pokemon, even with just 700+ Pokemon is a lot of work and they already mentioned in an interview that they increased the amount of staff by quite a bit for X and Y. Then add that we're getting a bunch of Mega Evolutions, which even if they aren't actually new Pokemon per se, they still require the efforts of the art team and such to create them, something had to give somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wonder if the rumor that the only post game Pokémon being Mewtwo and the Z legendary are true...and that that's it for the post game...

If it does end up being true, then I would have no problem with it. Personally, I feel that we have way too many legendary Pokémon on our hands currently. If they keep introducing more legendaries at their usual pace, then—one way or the other—the term "legendary Pokémon" would start to lose its value.

I really like how they're keeping the amount of new legendary Pokémon at a minimum this gen., and recycling the older ones. If they keep using the same formula in future generations, then that would be great! :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If it does end up being true, then I would have no problem with it. Personally, I feel that we have way too many legendary Pokémon on our hands currently. If they keep introducing more legendaries at their usual pace, then—one way or the other—the term "legendary Pokémon" would start to lose its value.

I really like how they're keeping the amount of new legendary Pokémon at a minimum this gen., and recycling the older ones. If they keep using the same formula in future generations, then that would be great! :)
    Post game includes more than just legends though...sounds like there'll be no real post game story unlike in Pt where we got a little, nor a battle frontier...

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
    I just watched Pokemon the Origin. Kickass. I hope it does so well that it might become a full series. :3 And yeah, I hope Genesect is brought back in as an event. That's my baby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back