• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Counterfeit vs C:\PC\Ezzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
  • The second round of Handicap Battles! Bring it on, chief!
    Second Round​

Participants: Counterfeit, C:\PC\Ezzo

Due date: 07/15/2009

Requirements:
    - Theme: Juto
    - Dimensions: 125 px (width) by 500 px (length)

Bans:
    - Resizing the stock

Reminders:
    - Entrants will be given 2 days to post and edit their pieces.

- After the deadline (stated above), other members will be able to vote. The polls are open for 2 days after the initial deadline to non-entrants only. Counterfeit and C:\PC\Ezzo cannot vote, but are feel to say anything about the other piece. If you post before the deadline, your vote will not be counted.

- You must post at least three sentences about the piece you are voting for, and at least one sentence of constructive criticism for the other piece. Failure to comply will result in your vote not counting.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • e.e cme...

radial-2.png

Last edited:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    juto_4.png
    I panicked like hell when I saw it was our turn. xD

Managed to get something done though. ^^;

Looks best on Dialga vs Palkia.

Stock(s): 1

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Voting for Ezzo.
    I think the warmer colours compliment the render more appropriately.
    The lighting is just about spot on and it has some nice depth.
    I also think the typography looks great too.

Joe would've got my vote if Ezzo didn't change.
    I hope this one vote doesn't decide the whole round... VOTE PEOPLES!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Hmm..It's a toughie.

But I'm going to vote for Josephine.

I prefer the way that he's manipulated the colours of the stock, and that way it seems to fit well in the arguably more "simple" looking backgrond of the two.
    I also prefer the typography in Joe's piece, I think that due to the handicap of not being able to resize the stock, I think that choosing a smaller, more acute style to the text fits better.
    Joe's banner also has the best colouring overall in my opinion.

I personaly believe that Ezzo's banner gives the impression of space, which in all fairness, doesn't fit the stock as nicely as it could've...Also, the typography style is nice, but it's too big I think..Perhaps if it was in the same style but smaller, and tilted to an angle..and not split into two fragments, it would look nicer.

If Ezzo hadn't have changed there would be no competition though, Great choice and a great effort, from both.

vVintage

huzzah
    Years
  • Im voting for ezzo.
    The colors are more appealing and vibrant.
    The effect are better and go well with the tag overall.
    Also the lighting and text look good too.

The other tags was monotone in one area then random warm colors appear at the bottom
    and i think it would look better if the text wasn't there or in a different spot.
    Also it a bit low quality is some part.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Also it a bit low quality is some part.
    Seeing as we weren't allowed to re-size the stock and that was the only stock I used, no;
    It's as perfect quality as it ever was.

vVintage

huzzah
    Years
  • The original stock quality was fine but some effects in your tag made it LQ in some parts. Like the top area is pixilated and looks over sharpened.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I really like both of these, but for the same reasons as vVintage, I'm voting for Ezzo.

The stock quality was fine, I agree- but the thing is, that cyan~ish effect you've done makes the head look sort of pixellated, and his face being like, white and cyan makes it.... even less HQ? It's a great tag and I like it, but I feel like it was sort of mashed together and I'm not feeling the complete~ness of the piece. Maybe if the yellow had been more like, red to match that red -thing- in the back, the transition would've been better?

I really really love the colors on Ezzo's, and those wireframes are totally my cup of tea. I love them, the placement, and I really really like this vertical tag look in that one. The lighting is great, the text is fun, it's all awesome and it really meshes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back