• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a custom Pokemon move.

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • If you were given the oppurtunity to create a custom move for a SINGLE Pokemon:
    1. What Pokemon would it be for?
    2. What would you name the move and why?
    3. What's the damage counter and other effects?

Don't go crazy with this; make it sound like a liable move that could be in a Pokemon game.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I could make a move, it would be for Aerodactyl only and be called Stone Wing Beater. It's a physical attack where Aerodactyl beats its stone-hard wings onto the opponent. Learn at level 62.
    Dmg: 100
    Acc: 90
    PP: 10
    Areodactyl is also hit by re-coil.
    Attacked Pokemon may become confused.

Last edited:

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I think I would have to do a move called Psych Break for Alakazam. It would greatly raise both the Special Attack and Special Defense. Yeah...lol :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Card Reader. (based off the unpredictable nature of tarot card reading)

A psychic attack for Hypno that is random, it can either hurt or help the opponent. completely by chance.
    however, chance for good/bad result is slightly increased based upon the pokemon's character.

For example, it could casue damage to an opponent, or raise their special def.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • A move called BigBang. Surrounds yourself with dark energy and explode, damaging enemies (can hit multiple enemies in 2v2) but not your ally. Suitable for Dark, Ghost, and Fighting types of pokemon.
    Learns at a high lv like about 70.

Deals 95damage, and raises your damage and special damage by two and your speed by one, but decreases everything else by one.

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • Wipeout, just like surf but deals physical damage rather than special. But you get hit with re-coil

Pwr. 110
    Acc 80%
    PP 15/15

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    オフブースト/ Boost Off (Most Fire Type Pokemon)
    (Fire) 40 Power, 100 Acc, 35 PP (Physical) Always goes first (+1 Priority)

ガラスキャノン / Glass Cannon (Most Pokemon)
    (Normal) --, 100 Acc, 8 PP (Special) Base Power is depended on Atk - Def (So pokemon who really are "Glass Cannons" will have more power xD)

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • eevee family blast!

its a physical attack for eevee when it attacks using every evolution based on their type.

damage: 150
    accuarcy: 90
    PP: 5

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Fade, like protect for ghost types as the user fades away evading attacks for this turn

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • オフブースト/ Boost Off (Most Fire Type Pokemon)
    (Fire) 40 Power, 100 Acc, 35 PP (Physical) Always goes first (+1 Priority)

ガラスキャノン / Glass Cannon (Most Pokemon)
    (Normal) --, 100 Acc, 8 PP (Special) Base Power is depended on Atk - Def (So pokemon who really are "Glass Cannons" will have more power xD)

Just imagine Glass Cannon for Deoxys A.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    That would be the most broken move ever.

Well, Grass, Electric and Fire all have a 120/100 recoil move, so why not water?

Name: Tsunam Jet
    Type: Water
    Power: 120
    Accuracy: 100
    Category: Physical
    Effects: User charges down the foe whilst cloaked in water. User is hit by recoil. Will heal any Burn status when used.

I'd also add an effect for Wood Hammer that it heals poison or something, and make Volt Tackle cure Paralysis.
    That would be the most broken move ever.

Well, Grass, Electric and Fire all have a 120/100 recoil move, so why not water?

Name: Tsunam Jet
    Type: Water
    Power: 120
    Accuracy: 100
    Category: Physical
    Effects: User charges down the foe whilst cloaked in water. User is hit by recoil. Will heal any Burn status when used.

I'd also add an effect for Wood Hammer that it heals poison or something, and make Volt Tackle cure Paralysis.

Last edited:

MetalSound

Gettin' SS and Black at March!
    Years
  • Conductor

PP: 5
    POWER: 120
    TYPE: Electric
    ACCURACY: 100

The foe is shocked with a powerful spark. The user must recharge
    at the next turn.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Ball-Kick

PP: 10
    POWER: 50
    TYPE: Fighting
    ACCURACY: 100

The move doubles if it hits a male, but halves if it hits a female.

Years
  • For Fearow:

Terrifying Screech (PP: 5, Accuracy: 80) - As 'Screech' but much more powerful (perhaps, let's say...x3 the effect?). However, lower's the user's attack slightly *and* has to take a turn to recharge. Upon using this move, the trainer becomes too scared to recall the user. Lasts until the user faints.

I'd have it only trainable at a very high level (at least 70, maybe higher) as incentive for people to think about an otherwise under-used pokemon for their team.

I like Fearow because it's a massive, intimidating bird. It kinda makes me think it may be some sort of nightmarish cross between the top several creepiest birds known to mankind and the idea behind this move is to emphasize that.

The mindset behind this is that not even the most sturdy of trainers could keep properly composed through the sheer terror it brings to all those around it until it is defeated. I was thinking about having it be equal in strength to a normal 'Screech' attack but with a paralysis added to it, but it just didn't seem right to me, somehow.

Also, by not being able to recall Fearow after using the move, it means it must be used very wisely as you may easily set yourself up for a rather embarrassing loss if you don't time it properly. Preferably, you'd want to use Fearow as your last or second-to-last in pretty much any given battle.

Obviously, being my favourite Pokemon, I'd want to give it a move that makes it stand out from the rest. I've been reading a fair bit and it always seems to be that if people want a flying type, they'll go with pretty much anything BUT Fearow.

Last edited:

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
  • Name: Riposte Sport
    Type: Fighting
    PP: 15
    Description: Switches team into a defense position that lowers the damage taken by Psychic type attacks.

Note: Mechanics identical to Mud/Water Sport.

Years
  • I guess I didnt post the moves here yesterday.

Otter Stream
    Special
    PP.10
    Atk. 120
    Acc. 100
    A move only for Oshawott's family. It controls all the streams nearby and throws all the water at the opponent. A two turn move.

Volcano Burst
    Special
    PP. 10
    Atk. 120
    Acc. 100
    A move only for Tepig's family. It controls all the lava from the Volcanoes nearby and throws it at the opponent. A two turn move.

Forest Thrower
    Special
    PP. 10
    Atk. 120
    Acc. 100
    A move only for Snivy's family. The user controls all the leaves in the forests nearby and Throws them at the foe. A two turn attack.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Screamer - Dragon - Special
    20 PP - 65 Base Power - 100 Accuracy

Using an organ in its throat, it creates a loud noise that may lower the opponent's DEFENSE or make it flinch, as well as damaging it.

Effect rate: 10% Flinch, 30% DEFENSE drop

Damages all Pokémon on the field except the user.
    Blocked by Soundproof.
    Pokémon who can learn this move: Pokémon based on carnivorous Dragons and Dinosaurs.

Based on the screams monsters can make in Monster Hunter Tri.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    One I've been thinking about for a while now.

Kindling
    Grass
    PP 10/10
    Status
    Basically, it works like spikes, but it makes the opponent 2x weak to fire.

Made for my Grass/Fire Tiki Fakemon.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Here's a few I've been thinking about:

Backdraft
    Fire
    PP 10/10
    Power - Varies
    Accuracy - 100
    Description: A Fire-type variant of Counter. The user moves last, doing twice the amount damage inflicted on you in the last turn. The power of this attack doubles when used on a Grass or Steel-type, but halves when used on a Rock or Water-type.

Machete
    Grass
    PP 15/15
    Power - 75
    Accuracy - 95
    Description: A stronger version of Vine Whip.

Soul Spear
    Ghost
    PP 5/5
    Power - 150
    Accuracy - 80
    Description: A Ghost-type version of Hyper Beam. The user must recharge on the next turn.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Swampert.png

Deep Submerge learned at lv. 59
    -Type: Water/Physical
    -Attk Power: 120
    -Accuarcy: 90
    -PP: 10
    -The user drags the foe down into the depths of the sea and is hammered by water pressure.
    -Seconday Effects: the user takes recoil damage.

I was watching Sailor Moon and Sailor Neptune happened to use her deep submerge attack when I saw this thread :3

Back