• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creepy Things in Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Creepy Things in Pokemon

This was probably the scariest thing from a Pokemon game for me. I think it was mainly because it was so unexpected - you would expect the haunted mansions and Ghost Pokemon to be creepy, but this being in bright and cheery Lumiose City just really threw me off and creeped me out haha. So mysterious, too, like what does that mean?!

Oh dear mother of god! I was marathoning Pokemon Y after launch and I got to this part on a Friday night. You could say I was unable to sleep. xD

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    X and Y, the scary house. It was pretty frightning for me, as i was playing at 12:30 at night. Being told that astonishing story at night about faceless men while being next to a window wasn't exactly the most soothing moment...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Probably the Old Chateau, first time entering it at 11pm... I was really creeped out by the ghosts but also curious at the same time. Also that house in B&W with the moving furniture.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
    Haunter's pokédex entry: "Haunter is a dangerous Pokémon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away."

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    N's Room in B2/W2. They just had to make it creepier! Was already mildy disturbing because it was so silent-ish, and just... sad to be honest. What they done in B2/W2 was make it out of sync, and it just doesn't sound right. It just makes you sad, and really creeped out because of the surroundings and the even more corrupted music.

The Old Chateau's music is creepy, too. Not too much, but still disturbing. Especially when you play at night and them freaking ghosts appear. Not gonna mention the eyes staring at you in that one room, I think it's a Gengar >_>

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    N's Room in B2/W2. They just had to make it creepier! Was already mildy disturbing because it was so silent-ish, and just... sad to be honest. What they done in B2/W2 was make it out of sync, and it just doesn't sound right. It just makes you sad, and really creeped out because of the surroundings and the even more corrupted music.

Oooh, that was definitely creepy. All the toys and the music.. also, now that you've played through the game and most of us had played BW, we know that there's also a kind of creepy backstory because Ghetsis was really just raising him as a pawn, and N was all alone and only had his Pokemon friends.

Okay, adding a new one to the mix: Turnback Cave. The design made it seem somewhat empty yet.. with the prescense of something lurking. The randomized route to Giratina was pretty odd, as the cave almost seemed alive somehow as if it was trying to trick you. I never managed to go through and actually catch Giratina.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ghost-types always have the strangest of PokéDex entries. It'd be nice of they'd kept it to a limit, though, to add more realism into games; Pokémon in general are honestly not this dangerous.

This is true, I mean even the likes of Chandelure's is a bit ominous as well lol. I'd agree with that last bit, just like ghosts aren't always malevolent :) That's why I'm happy they included the likes of Misdreavus as it's more of a mischievous ghost type :)

Adding to the list of creepy things, Dream Eater has kind of a creepy concept if you think about it, stealing your energy while you sleep lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Don't you regain your energy once you wake up, though? I've always thought that when opponents use Dream Eater, your "positive" energy gets drained and negative ones remain, which causes you to see nightmares. Once you're awake, everything goes back to normal.

Also, I'd definitely have to agree with N's room being creepy; it's astonishing how they'd managed to make such a thing seem this way, really.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    I guess Im the weird one for liking the music in lavender town lol.. I stayed there for hours because I like the music.. Also liked places like mt pyre and old chateau dunno why but I like ghost types.. Darkrai ftw!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    It used to be the Pokemon Tower (Really, which pokemon game would you see GHOST in an actual pokemon battle?)

However, my top choice would be the Old Chateau. That place has some of the most creepiest music ever. The floating old man and girl didn't make things any better. Mysterious painting with that creepy pair of eyes? And man, screw that TV.

Back