• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crobat Moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorynator

Let the bodies hit the floor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Can anyone help me with a moveset for my crobat? The only moves I can think of is mean look and toxic, so he's somewhat of an annoyer. Also, EVs and nature would be nice. Thanks!

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
    Years
    Ok, Crobat.

Well... i would have to say a good set for him would be:

Hasty [+Spd -Def]
    Jolly [+spd. -Sp. Atk]

EVs:
    attack =252
    spd = 252
    sp. df = 6

Attacks:
    Toxic
    Mean Look
    Confuse Ray
    Cross Poision/X-Scissor/U-turn

I would say, go with U-turn, Mean look the foe, posion 'em, confuse 'em, and then U-turn and bring out something that crush that poor little pokemon.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, in 3rd gen that would be the only option but now there's:

Crobat@Leftovers
    Timid~252 Special Attack/Speed
    Nasty Plot
    Air Slash
    Sludge Bomb/Substitute
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Shamfrit-The-Scorched

Pokemon Psychologist
    Years
    I'm with the first suggestion I use my Crobat for status and flee;

Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    U-Turn
    Mean Look

As long as you have big speed on Crobat nature isn't so big, Hasty or Jolly as aforementioned will be cool enough.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I agree with both of you fleeing is good to weakent he pokemon but kazaam is right too you have a better choice of moves.

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
    Years
    Ok, i was thinkin 'bout it, and something came into mind.
    U-turn wont pass the mean look on, can crobat learn Baton Pass?
    If so... then i'd say have baton pass. Come in mean look confuse ray toxic and then baton pass... if it isn't knocked out by then and an item for crobat would be left overs.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I don't believe he can learn Baton Pass, heh.

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Fly just might be useful in this instance, if you are planning to stall as much as you can. Crobat flies up, and the opponent gets one more round of damage while Crobat is protected.

Well, it's what I would have given Crobat in my n00by days....but it is one of the few instances where it still looks all right. Though knowing me, I'd go with ~Kazaam~'s set myself.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    All these posts and no-one has even mentioned the move that makes Crobat tick yet. Shame on you, people, shame. xP

Crobat @ Black Sludge/Choice Band
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Cross Poison
    Aerial Ace
    U-Turn
    Hypnosis/Pursuit

Do the words "fastest sleep inducer around" ring any bells here? Stallbat is the eptiome of failure, always was and always will be. Seriously, what possess people to stick a stalling moveset on a pokémon with such average defensive stats and such an obvious inclination for sweeping is beyond me. -.- Timid with Air Slash and a special filler could also be passable for the flinching fun, though you'd need a good Hidden Power to get a together a Choice Specs set. Plotbat is fun and all, but it's not very useful in practice because its type coverage bites and it doesn't get to use that 130 base speed Hypnosis (now with higher accuracy). :\

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    agree with the above post except for cross poison -- completely useless on a pokemon meant to CB u-turn. i'd give it some HP because it's going to need to take hits. roost is a quick option even with CB if it takes too much stealth rock damage/does instant stalling.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Lawl, find me another usable physical move from Crobat's movepool and I'll make the change right away. Quick Attack with 130 base Speed Jolly is even worse and Pursuit + Hypnosis is an illegal egg move combo. Crappy coverage or not, Cross Poison is the strongest physical STAB it's got. =O

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    No, Alter Ego, Crobat's strongest STAB is Brave Bird =D

Crobat doesn't need Cross Poison. Flying attacks cover both it's coverage. If you're saying Bug/Steel like Forretress and Scizor, they lol at Cross Poison too.

With that said...

Crobat@Life Orb/Shell Bell/Focus Sash
    Trait : Inner Focus
    Nature : Hasty/Naive/Jolly
    Moves :
    - Brave Bird
    - U-Turn
    - Haze/Toxic/Taunt
    - Haze/Toxic/Taunt

Quite frankly, however, this poor bat's walled by nearly any Steel type.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I meant strongest STAB that doesn't make it commit suicide. I don't want something that's already looking at losing 25% of its HP on its switch-in to start hurting itself as well. <.< Also, Cross Poison is high critical hit ratio and 105 x 2 > 180. Cross Poison also hits electric types harder, and STalking Zapdos seems like a pretty freakin' obvious switch-in against this thing. You will also note that the above CB set has a flying move too; like I said, find me a better physical filler and I'll be glad to change it.

And to be perfectly blunt: wtf are those last two moves on your set good for? A hazer has to be good at taking hits so it can switch into stuff, a description which - I'm sure we can all agree - does not fit Crobat at all. In a similar vein, Toxic requires several turns to reach any serious damaging potential, and with random masochists like Breloom and Heracross about, that move has seriously been reduced to a last resort for stalling types.

Crobat isn't a stalling type. <.< And finally, wtf do you plan on taunting? Even walling types would sooner go for the kill when Crobat comes around simply because of its frailness. Just what is this mysterious pokémon who'd use a non-damaging move against it? o.O Those aren't the kind of moves you can just randomly splash into a moveset and expect to have use of. :\ Hypnosis is a must on any Crobat that doesn't plan on using Pursuit or Nasty Plot so that should definitely be in there.

Those items are also quite silly to be honest. Focus Sash on something with a recoil move? (Did you plan on using Brave Bird before Sash kicks in to prevent it from activating or after it comes to suicide Crobat?) Life Orb on something with a recoil move? ('Cause obviously we aren't taking enough damage from Stealth Rock and that single recoil, let's double the fun and have Crobat die even faster =D) Shell Bell is also a lolish item by nature. The amount of damage you'd need to inflict to get more HP out of it than Black Sludge is way more than a CBless Crobat can cause. Meh, Black Sludge, CB or possibly Wide Lens (to further boost Hypnosis' accuracy) are all superior options. O= Anyway, the only thing that Crobat is really good for is picking off the odd weakened opponent (or one with a poor type matchup) and putting big threats to sleep with high-speed Hypnosis. Case closed.

Though, come to think of it, Screech could be kind of cool. Something like

Crobat @ Black Sludge/Wide Lens
    Jolly Nature
    Aerial Ace/Cross Poison
    U-Turn
    Hypnosis
    Screech

Hypnotize the first opponent, then Screech the switch-in and smack it with U-Turn to bring in a physical sweep. I'm considering lens here since Screech still has that slight accuracy problem.

Years
    my crobat

My crobat

Nature-Jolly
    Ability-Inner focus
    252 Atk EV
    252 Spd EV
    6 Spc Df EV

Moveset
    Wing attack (i already used aerial ace on salamence)
    Toxic
    Confuse Ray
    Double Team

I would get SOOOO annoyed if i fought my crobat. lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    DONT
    BUMP
    THREADS
    OVER